This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asuran Ships #SPOILERS#

BEWARED THIS THREAD MIGHT CONTAIN SPOILERS, HOWEVER ALL POST ARE STILL WELCOMED

I've just watched the second episode of Season 4 (lifeline) and

Spoiler:

Their ships are pretty useless against our BC304, i expected more out of their ships... even when i watching the episode i expected our ship to take one of a pounding from their ships because they were supposed to be "Advance"... our ship didnt even shake when they were firing their weapons on us... their ship seems pretty long too

the Asurans seems like they are reliant on drones?

Also is it just me or do somewhat look like a battlestar galactica episode?

Holy craptacular tuesday batman!!!!!
    Visit my Website

Comment

when i watched it i thought my days is it ugly!!!!

and they are not drones i think just really bright energy weapons like the wraith but theirs is blue.
      sigpic

Comment

Worst
        battle
        scene
        ever.
        www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

I think there ships look great! I think these are their crappy galactic ships however, that aren't too powerfull (they have never really needed to make powerfull ships until now). I think the big bad powerfull ones were the ones being built in First Strike.

Comment

Underwhelming is the word you're looking for.
            The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

It looks like Drones to me & tbh I thought that they would severely damage a 304's shields. Yet the ship never shook with the impacts or seen any sparks etc. Especially without it having a ZPM to boost the shield. I would have thought it would have been energy beam. Especially since the Wraith would be the main reason for their creation. So with them not having shields, it stands to reason they would employ a beam weapon like we saw in 'First Strike'.

The other thing is, surely they would be putting energy weapons on their ships. 1 Asuran ship with Drones against multiple Hives, don't think that will work. They are outnumbered so if the Drones become depleted, then they can't attack any longer.

The battle scene wasn't realistic to me. We've seen Wraith hits cause almost instant damage to a 304. We've seen Ha'taks also cause damage straight away. Yet an Asuran ship who are far more advanced & powerful, don't do nothing.

The ideal scenario would have been for them to fire a couple of Drones to take out the tiny PJ, knowing it probably wouldn't even have been able to take a single direct hit. Apollo swoops in & takes the impacts. Causing a damage scene, where we see them saying shields down to 70% or whatever. The bay doors open up & the PJ goes inside straight away. The Asuran ship then switches to it's energy weapons not wanting to waste Drones. That being n weapons turret like we saw in 'Trinity', it fires a dozen shots or so in rapid succession & causes severe damage, draining the shields to dangerously low levels. It looks like the ship is a sitting duck, they then switch to the primary weapons sytem. It being similar the beam weapon from 'First Strike'. It fires a single continuous stream of energy, we see it go right through the Apollo's shield, into the hangar bay, which is trying to close the door. The blast has targeted the PJ, but misses it by a few inches & we see it continue right through the hangar bay until it blasts a hole at the other end & goes all the way through out to the other side & beyond. Apollo has taken hull damage, it sparking away. We see the beam fire again, this time directly at the bridge, it's coming close when they jump into HS & avoid it.

If that's the best that an Asuran ship has to offer, then I'd hate to think what would happen if Apollo or Daedalus came up against it with ZPM's & energy weapons. To show how powerful the Asurans are, a few shots should have severely damaged the 304. Making it show them that they were extremely lucky to escape with their lives & not to risk another direct 1-1 with another Asuran ship in future.

Comment

Your scenario is far more plausible than what we say on screen.

But I don't think those looked at all like Drones. Drones are fired many at a time and swarm the target, ripping it to shreds, those were just 2 or 3 at a time blasts of energy. Which STILL should've ripped Apollo to shreds, but gg writing staff.
                www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Scenario: the Asuran ship is cloaked.
                  Sees the 304. Fires drones, still cloaked (projectiles weapons). 304 Boom.

Finishes the PJ with one single broadside low level salvo with energy weapons.

Mission complete.

Or: fires beam from the surface. Vaporizes the PJ in 0.0000001 seconds, and the 304 in 1 second.

Good night.

But that's without counting the stacking buff effects of many character shields which extend to the ship they're onboard.

For each main character onboard a capital ship, put on it a token "tough, near invincible" for each year each main character has been on show.
                  The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

when did they relese these episodes?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JoNzA View Post
                      when did they relese these episodes?
                      last week. But it wasn't official
                      Stolen Kosovo
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
                        Your scenario is far more plausible than what we say on screen.

But I don't think those looked at all like Drones. Drones are fired many at a time and swarm the target, ripping it to shreds, those were just 2 or 3 at a time blasts of energy. Which STILL should've ripped Apollo to shreds, but gg writing staff.
                        I agree they weren't drones, they looked like what the ancient ships fired on the Asuran Homeworld in the flashback in 'Progeny'. However if they had fired drones I doubt they would've fired swarms of them, the puddle jumper is tiny, one drone could take it out, the Apollo in comparison to other ships is also tiny, several drones could've done the job if drones pass right through Asgard shields.

Comment

Don't forget the puddle jumper was not the only thing to get an upgrade from McKay's advanced knowledge.

He devised a way of increasing the shield strength for the Dedalus. Likely given to the Apollo.

We have never seen a 304 tested against hive ship fire with this new shield advancement.

Comment

they wasnt drones since drones follow their targets whereas the apollo jumping into hyperspace you can see the asuran ship still firing at the position where the apollo used to be.

and we seen seen match more better weapons fire before like when a hatak fires,

in this seen it takes abit to actually reach the apollo
                            sigpic

Comment

look like drones. but who knows. we have "dumb" bombs and "smart" bombs. maybe those were "dumb" drones.

Comment

Working...
                              X