This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "Journeyman" Discussion Thread

Has anyone else seen the pilot yet? I just saw it on Comcast On Demand and I thought it was pretty good. Not best thing in the world but it has a lot of potential. I think it was definitely better than the BW pilot. I know time travel has been done to death but this show seems to be different. I especially loved the ending when
    Spoiler:
    he dug up that toolbox he buried 10 years back.

So what do you guys think?
    Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
    Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
    Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
    --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

haven't seen it yet, and won't until it's broadcast. but, in addition to it looking interesting, i'm gonna watch to lust over kevin mckidd
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'll give it a shot. Even though it does seem a bit like Quantum Leap to me.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

No but I have seen plenty of print ads for it in magazines as well as in the ad banners for GW.

So I guess I'll have to give it a go if NBC is pushing it that much....
        IMO always implied.

Comment

News from Skiffy!

Journeyman Keeps Viewers Guessing
          Kevin Falls, executive producer of NBC's upcoming time-travel series Journeyman, told SCI FI Wire that viewers will initially be as in the dark about what's going on as the central character, Dan Vasser (Rome's Kevin McKidd). Journeyman follows Vasser, a San Francisco newspaper reporter who finds himself inexplicably thrown back into different time periods within his own lifetime. He can't control where he goes, but he seems to have a mission to change the future by affecting the lives of strangers in the past.

"We're going to be like Dan," Falls said during a recent conference call. "And I think that's the strength of the first few shows, is Dan trying to figure out what's going on, coupled with the fact that he has no control of it. So in order for him to get back to the present, he has to finish a leg of his mission, or the procedural, as we call it. So we want him grasping for answers."

In the present, Vasser is married to Katie (Gretchen Egolf), but in his past he was engaged to another woman, Livia (Moon Bloodgood). Livia died in a plane crash before they could wed and is now a time traveler with whom Vasser will interact in the past.

"Ultimately, as we get into the second part of the season, we'll address more of the bigger mythology of the show and really, actually, in the first 10 [episodes] tell you why Livia is a time traveler and what her story is," Falls said. "But as far as what is the power [that's sending Vasser into the past], that's something we're not going to reveal, certainly, in the first part of the season. And that's not to say our characters aren't going to be wondering what the hell is going on. They have to be."

Journeyman premieres Sept. 24 and will air Mondays at 10 p.m. ET/PT. (NBC is owned by NBC Universal, which also owns SCIFI.COM.) —Ian Spelling
          http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=1&id=44200

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
          Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
          Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.

Comment

I've seen the pilot, and thought it was pretty good.

Although:

Spoiler:
            It was a bit confusing switching between past and present so often

,but overall it showed a lot of promise imo. Shall look out for future eps
            Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

IMHO Journey Man is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'll bet anyone 20 rep points that it won't make it past 1.5 seasons.
                sigpic
                "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                ~David Hewlett

Comment

I will be back next week for more as I'm a sucker for any type of time travel story. Also it is set and actually filmed in San Francisco, one of my favourite cities.

Comment

it was rather confusing. See, i didn't get that the other woman was his ex fiance until i just read it. i'm wondering, umm, who is this?????

the back and forth was ok i guess, but i had the advantage of knowing that it was a time travel show from the promos.
                    Spoiler:
                    I do like that he has his wife on his side...although, during the intervention...dude, no one thought of 'you think i'm on drugs, here take some blood and prove that i'm not'???

It's refreshing to see something that's not in vancouver
                    I love kevin mckidd, and have since rome. it has potential, but will it avoid the cliches to be something really interesting and intriguing or will it get caught up in too much heady mythology that turns people off?
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I just finished watching the episode. I wasn't so sure at the beginning of the episode but I ended up really liking it and I'm looking forward to the next one.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                        I will be back next week for more as I'm a sucker for any type of time travel story. Also it is set and actually filmed in San Francisco, one of my favourite cities.
                        Waves hi to Kris

It was an ok premiere, not sure if its going to last. I did enjoy all the great San Francisco back-drop. I was born and raised and still work in San Francisco everyday, and those were real scenes actually shot in San Francisco.
                        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                        Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel View Post
                          I just finished watching the episode. I wasn't so sure at the beginning of the episode but I ended up really liking it and I'm looking forward to the next one.
                          I feel the same way. IMO the toolbox trick was brilliant, although I think I may have gone for tupperware, I'm pretty sure it's not biodegradable and it'd be cheaper than a toolbox.
                          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

I really enjoyed this show. I think I like it better than Chuck. If the rest of the new shows are as good as this one, I'm going to be in trouble....

I was rather concerned that this would be too much like Quantum Leap, but it was really pretty different. Closer to Tru Calling, but a lot better executed.

What they did with the Livia character was a surprise, but I think it will make the show more interesting.

Anyway, I liked it quite a lot.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Yep it's pretty good eh? Hopefully the episodes will get better as they premiere!

Comment

Working...
                              X