This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CNDs cheap X-Files and Star Trek series

I was at Future Shop in Mississauga Ontario. I saw all X-Files at $19.99 each! Man do I wish I had the money.
    for $49.99 you can get these Star Treks:
    Classic Trek
    Deep Space Nine
    The Next Generation
    and for $39.99 the classic Trek animated series (though I've never priced this before so don't know if it's a good deal). Our son was trying to tell us he'd really like to see this. Just don't have the money or else we would've bought. He's playing an old Star Trek game of mine that only works on Dave's laptop because it's so old. Some 25th Anniversary game where you are Kirk.I played it ages ago. So he's all on about classic Trek again.
    I wonder if thinkpaks are coming out in these series? Or it's just one of FF's great sales.

I was able to pick up NYDP Blue season 3 for $19.99 for my Mom. I got her seasons 1-2 before at that price at FF. Haven't paid a full price yet for that series.
    Check your local stores before they are all gone!
    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

I'm sure they are being discounted because of the complete series sets coming out for X-files and TNG. X-files is about 230$

I wish the Trek dvd's would get a lot cheaper, even though they are like half the price they used to be, they are still much more expensive than comparable sets.

Comment

$49.99 for DS9! I was in there a couple weeks ago and it was still $62.99 per season. But as you say, it's a matter of actually having the money. X-Files at $19.99 is also tempting.

On the bright side, I just got this week's future shop flyer, and S3 of Atlantis is $44.99, vs. the $54.99 that they charged me for S2. And it showed that gorgeous original cover art, and not the screwed up new version. *still hopes*

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
        $49.99 for DS9! I was in there a couple weeks ago and it was still $62.99 per season. But as you say, it's a matter of actually having the money. X-Files at $19.99 is also tempting.

On the bright side, I just got this week's future shop flyer, and S3 of Atlantis is $44.99, vs. the $54.99 that they charged me for S2. And it showed that gorgeous original cover art, and not the screwed up new version. *still hopes*
        BLINK. What? Seriously? original cover for SGA???? Didn't get my free paper with flyers for the frakking fourth week in a row so had to look at the flyer online. Couldn't tell what the cover was. Best Buy is same price. Walmart is $44.83. Wow the savings!

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
          BLINK. What? Seriously? original cover for SGA???? Didn't get my free paper with flyers for the frakking fourth week in a row so had to look at the flyer online. Couldn't tell what the cover was. Best Buy is same price. Walmart is $44.83. Wow the savings!
          It keeps coming up on their advertisements- so either they've forgotten to change the cover on everything, or they're going back to the original cover. I HOPE they went back to the original cover, but I guess we'll find out on tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
            It keeps coming up on their advertisements- so either they've forgotten to change the cover on everything, or they're going back to the original cover. I HOPE they went back to the original cover, but I guess we'll find out on tuesday.
            Oh you are NOT going to like what I have to say! I went back to the flyer on-line. If you click on the original cover, you get taken to the info page on season 3 and the NEW cover is there! I have a bad feeling about this!
            Though I was looking at Chapters. Who knew they sold DVDs? They have the old cover, boxset at $48.99. Though what I think has happened is that the image of the old cover is still being used in some places. I don't think they were massed produced.

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
              Oh you are NOT going to like what I have to say! I went back to the flyer on-line. If you click on the original cover, you get taken to the info page on season 3 and the NEW cover is there! I have a bad feeling about this!
              Though I was looking at Chapters. Who knew they sold DVDs? They have the old cover, boxset at $48.99. Though what I think has happened is that the image of the old cover is still being used in some places. I don't think they were massed produced.
              *sigh* yup, I got my set this morning and it's the new cover. But on the bright side I GOT THE SET!

And saw all those $49.99 DS9s that you mentioned. It was hard, walking past that shelf.

Comment

Working...
              X