Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A remake of Buck Rogers in the 25th century!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A remake of Buck Rogers in the 25th century!

Someone else out there who thinks the idea of doing a remake of Buck Rogers in the 25th century sounds cool?

Says the Norseman

All depends, if the SciFi channel is behind it I say NO THANKS! Otherwise, why not, it's not like Hollywood well ever think of doing something original (BSG remake, Bionic Woman remake, Flash Gordon..etc..) so I am quite sure they have old Buck just waiting to be done.

Comment

With the way some of the remakes have been going downhill recently, I hope they don't. I don't want it to meet the same fate as the new Flash Gordon.
      Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
      Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
      Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
      --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

From what I heard at Dragoncon, there is a new series in the works. Unfortunately, it has been in the works for a very long time and is sort of in limbo right now.

The good news is that the person wanting to remake it is supposedly a well-known movie director who has asked Erin Gray to produce it with him. So if it ever does get off the ground, it will hopefully be done right.

No word on which network they are in negotiations with. In fact, I don't even know if they are planning to do an actual series or a feature film.

Comment

I have to say no, simply because I think theres too many remakes these days. I'd rather have more original/fresh shows personally.
          Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
          Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

there'es very little original thought any more, a buck rogers remake could work, but most likely it would be poor, the BSG remake was good, but mostly becaue of the situation they were in worked well as a modern show, i dont think the story in BR would work quite as well. if they remake anything i'd like to see something like space 1999, or planet of the giants, i think those could work better
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

I have to agree whit you that there are to many remakes and to few originaly shows. But ill think it would have been a cool idea. And Space 1999 is not a bad idea. But we need a fresh new show indeed. Equalibrium would have been a dark and good scifi show. But we just have to see if theres someone out there with a fresh new idea for a scifi show that will reach as far as Stargate Sg1. Ill cross my fingers!

I have an idea that im working on:

Nexus
              “Dark rising”

After the discovery of a rouge planet a team is assembled to investigate. This rouge planet is a hard cold and dark planet. A droid is sent down to take a closer look, and what they found is amazing. It seems that the planet itself is alive. An orbital station is build so that we can observe and learn.
              Nearly a year has past sins this station got operational and then suddenly all outgoing transmission stops. No one can get in contact with the stations crew, so a team of special ops are assembled to investigate.

Still in works!

The Norseman

Comment

Working...
              X