This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori Beam Power.

What is the power of the main Ori mothership weapon? I mean, a single shot could destroy a Ha'atak with it's shields up with a single shot and the beam still had the strengh to continue after that, and even the most powerful Asgard shields could only take 2 hits before being overwhelmed. Since we know for a fact that a Mark IV nuclear warhead with a 1 gigaton power didn't even scrath the Ha'atak shields, and since the Ori beam went right through it and kept going, then it's obvious that the Ori beam's power is far, far above the gigaton range. I think it is in the pentaton range. What do you guys think?

I think this has been done to death...
    Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
    Check out my Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Matarrese View Post
      I think this has been done to death...
      Give the person a break they're new here
      Vote Anubis for President in 2012
      A Face you Can Trust
      sigpic
      So whats the worst that could happen?
      Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
      It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

weren't we all? I'm just saying...search feature is your friend
        Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
        Check out my Flickr

Comment

I don't have an obligation to know each and every single topic that has been discussed before in the years this board has been up. If you have nothing to contribute to the thread, then please don't post at all. Thanks.

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....68&postcount=1
            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
              Thanks. Interesting, but it doesen't answer my question about what is the amount of energy released in a shot from the Ori main weapon. My estimate is in the pentaton range, but I want to listen what others think.

Comment

well, we do have these
                http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s10/.../lits0485.html

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s10/.../lits0481.html

the pictures of Counterstrike when its hitting the dakara device could show depth but its not up.
                Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

To be honest I think it is futile to try to quantize the weapon strength in most Stargate ships. They seem to fluctuate depending on the plot. It's just better to think of ships comparatively. Ori ships are clearly very powerful. Their weapons can easily penetrate Goa'uld and Human shields. As for the Asgard shields, we really didn't see the Asgard shields drop. I'm pretty sure after the events of Unending we can agree that Asgard ships are more advanced than that of the Ori. Well at least more advanced than the ones they sent in the first wave.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassadar View Post
                    I'm pretty sure after the events of Unending we can agree that Asgard ships are more advanced than that of the Ori. Well at least more advanced than the ones they sent in the first wave.
                    how do you know that?We didn't see asgard's ships in Unending
                    Stolen Kosovo
                    sigpic

Comment

If it were a DET weapon it would have to have a yeild probably at least in the high gigatons to low Teratons to do what it does in space battles. It's not though, as the caps and various examples demonstrate. It's some sort of wonky technobabble weapon that eats shields alive but doesn't seem to pack that much in the way of actual energy, sort of like an ancient drone or that Asuran beam weapon that could barely scratch the asteroid despite depleating a ZPM boosted shield easily.

Most of the more advanced races in stargate seem to have some sort of weapons that can accomplish this sort of effect. That's to say they have some mechanism to cause far more damage to shields somehow than their raw energy content would ordinarily suggest. The Ori have weapons like this, the Asurans do, The ancients do (though theirs bypass shields entirely), the Wraith do, and races like the Asguard and maybe even the Goa'uld probably do.

Comment

Originally posted by Noobtauri
                        powerful Asgard shields could only take 2 hits before being overwhelmed. Since we know for a fact that a Mark IV nuclear warhead with a 1 gigaton power didn't even scrath the Ha'atak shields, and since the Ori beam went right through it and kept going, then it's obvious that the Ori beam's power is far, far above the gigaton range. I think it is in the pentaton range. What do you guys think?
                        We have never seen a Mark IX used on a hatak or an ori ship.

Best Stargate quote:
                        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                        Green is your friend.

Comment

Just as a side note, we have no evidence that the shields on Odyssey and Korelev were the most advanced Asgard shields, and speculation on Asgard behavior in the past would indicate that they were not.
                          www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by NoobTau'ri View Post
                            What is the power of the main Ori mothership weapon? I mean, a single shot could destroy a Ha'atak with it's shields up with a single shot and the beam still had the strengh to continue after that, and even the most powerful Asgard shields could only take 2 hits before being overwhelmed. Since we know for a fact that a Mark IV nuclear warhead with a 1 gigaton power didn't even scrath the Ha'atak shields, and since the Ori beam went right through it and kept going, then it's obvious that the Ori beam's power is far, far above the gigaton range. I think it is in the pentaton range. What do you guys think?
                            I think it's as powerful as the writers want it to be, for any given episode.

Comment

what i dont get is how come they dont leave like a giant crater like when vala was ringed down it was all flat and burnt where i would imagine that that sort of impact would leave a giagantic hole on floor

which ori beams manage to slice through hataks with ease yet it looked liked it just destroyed the area when vala was ringed down
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X