Other Ascended beings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Ascended beings?

Are there other Ascended beings in the universe aside from the Ancients and Ori?

With the size of the universe, one would expect this.

In the real universe there are 125 billion+ galaxies. One would expect countless billions of intelligent species.

Maybe, but IMO it would only be the members of the four race alliance since they had been around the longest and they were techology advanced enough to do it.

Comment

They call themselves the 4 great races. It does not necessarily mean there were no other great races in the universe.

There is no way they could have remotely searched even a large minority of the universe for other intelligent life. The universe is just too vast.

Ancients did not equip most of their ships with inter-galatic drives. Even if they did, takes weeks to go from 1 galaxy to another...Think of 100+ billion galaxies, billions of light years...

Asgard probably have the fastest ships, but they are too young of a race to explore more than possibly 1% of the universe (probably much less than 1%).

There may be other Ascended beings that neither the Ancients or Ori are aware of.

Comment

If you ask if there are other races (or some members of other races) who once in there lifetime discovered a way to move onto a higher plane of existance similarly to the ancients and the ori on their own, the answer is there might be. But there are humans (people of Abydos, Daniel Jackson for a short time) and even a goa'uld (Anubis) who ascended with some help from the ancients.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
          Are there other Ascended beings in the universe aside from the Ancients and Ori?
          Yes.

Comment

There probably is, but I doubt there are too many of them. Even though there are a lot a star systems out there the odds of a race reaching that level seems very slim. I mean first conditions on a planet must be right, then somehow life hast to start, then evolve into intelligence, then the race has to survive for considerable amount of time to develop enough to be able to reach ascension.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
              They call themselves the 4 great races. It does not necessarily mean there were no other great races in the universe.

There is no way they could have remotely searched even a large minority of the universe for other intelligent life. The universe is just too vast.

Ancients did not equip most of their ships with inter-galatic drives. Even if they did, takes weeks to go from 1 galaxy to another...Think of 100+ billion galaxies, billions of light years...

Asgard probably have the fastest ships, but they are too young of a race to explore more than possibly 1% of the universe (probably much less than 1%).

There may be other Ascended beings that neither the Ancients or Ori are aware of.
              The alliance was only to deal with the MW galaxy as far as we're aware. Not to compare against the rest of the universe.

We don't know anything about the Lantean ships. Only that in Aurora they thought that their capture was too big a risk. Meaning why give the Wraith intergalactica capabilities of they managed to capture the ship, then they could escape to a new feeding ground. It was stated in 'Avalon' that they were able to go on a journey across the universe & that was over 50 million years ago. So I think their top hyperdrives models are as good as any that's in existence anywhere.

The Ori ships in 'Unending' seemed just as fast if not faster as the 304 with a ZPM. In 'Misbegotten' they said that an Asgard ship would take two weeks off their journey to Atlantis. It takes 18 days usually, minus the 14 & that leaves you with 4. Which we know that the 304 with ZPM can get their around that time. So it stands to reason that 304 with ZPM is just as fast as an Asgard ship. Hence I think that all the ships are just as quick as each other. None that truly leave the others in their wake.

Comment

The Universe is supposedly 78 billion light years wide, and since the Ascended beings actually still exist and have to deal with distances it would make sense that they can't all just know where the others are at any given time. So even if there are other ascended beings there far away would be my guess.
                www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

My thinking of the four great races is that like the lanteans and the ori were near the center (since all the galaxies seem to rotate like planets around what I have no idea) so if you believe in the big bang theory that would say that life began in the center and continued to grow on the outer edges so since the Asgard were not as advanced as the Anciets and thier galaxy is a neighbor of ours I would say that the Ancients made friends with most of the technology advanced races that thier were. And like it said in SGA about Pegaus that the Ancients brought life where thier once was none and they created the humans in this galaxy so they might have done that before so the civialations would be less advanced then the Ancients.

So to sum up the most advanced races would have been near the center or the Ancients if there were any others we would have heard of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
                    My thinking of the four great races is that like the lanteans and the ori were near the center (since all the galaxies seem to rotate like planets around what I have no idea) so if you believe in the big bang theory that would say that life began in the center and continued to grow on the outer edges so since the Asgard were not as advanced as the Anciets and thier galaxy is a neighbor of ours I would say that the Ancients made friends with most of the technology advanced races that thier were. And like it said in SGA about Pegaus that the Ancients brought life where thier once was none and they created the humans in this galaxy so they might have done that before so the civialations would be less advanced then the Ancients.

So to sum up the most advanced races would have been near the center or the Ancients if there were any others we would have heard of them.
                    No it wouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                      No it wouldn't.
                      So since the unverse is still growing what direction is it growing?

Comment

The universe isn't growing. Galaxies are getting further apart, new ones aren't appearing from nowhere...

Comment

It's not growing so much as it is expanding in all directions. Sadly, according to popular theories of modern science, there is a finite amount of material in the universe. The boundaries are growing outward, and the void in between stuff is growing larger. In some scientific communities, the universe exploded with the big bang, and w/in 3 minutes things were much like they are today (just denser as far as space and general size of the universe is concerned). Now... hold on, you're thinking "3 minutes... heh, yeah right, the universe is billions of years old, how can that be?" Well, you have to consider that with the big bang was the dawn of time... and the fabric of space time as we know it. from the big bang and up to 3 minutes later, that was forever up to that point. Time perspectives are different... anyhow highly theoretical and... strangely metaphysical ideals floating around there.
                          Last edited by Rivalen; 09 September 2007, 02:07 PM. Reason: corrected a terrible misspelling.
                          "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
                          Mark Twain

Daniel Jackson and Sam Carter are the kinds of nerds I want to be.

Comment

I wonder if the Ancients/Ori are the first ones who ascended?Or did they find some evidence about ascension left by someone else?
                            Stolen Kosovo
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                              The universe isn't growing. Galaxies are getting further apart, new ones aren't appearing from nowhere...
                              so what's behind the boundaries of the universe?
                              Stolen Kosovo
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X