This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Civil War!!!

Ok I don,t know about any one else but I want to see a 304 fight a 304.
    It can be the Russians getting pOed at us for taking somthing or an Enemy getting a hold of our ship and firing on anther Earth ship.

But how would two 304's destroy one anther, if we both have Asgard Shields and Nukes seem useless against Go'uld so it would serve that they are use less against ours and rail guns seem in effective how would we destroy the other 304?

We would send the self destruct code.

Comment

which was probably removed.

Comment

It would be a stalemate and when all the ammo is gone, one commander would order ramming speed....
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chicer_mister View Post
          Wouldn't surprise me. It would fit with the general stupidity level of the Tau'ri and other races in the Stargate Universe.

A self destruct system that can be bypassed is a bad self destruct system.

Comment

Originally posted by Emperor Tippy View Post
            Wouldn't surprise me. It would fit with the general stupidity level of the Tau'ri and other races in the Stargate Universe.

A self destruct system that can be bypassed is a bad self destruct system.
            Hey, let us give credit where credit is due. Neither Thor's Disembodied Brain nor the Replicators were able to shut down a Gou'ald self-destruct once it was active. The Replicators could deny access to the self destruct (Enemies) once they had access to the computers, and Thor's Brain could halt the countdown, but they couldn't actually turn it off.

If The Mighty Brain of Thor can't do it, it can't be done.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher65 View Post
              Hey, let us give credit where credit is due. Neither Thor's Disembodied Brain nor the Replicators were able to shut down a Gou'ald self-destruct once it was active. The Replicators could deny access to the self destruct (Enemies) once they had access to the computers, and Thor's Brain could halt the countdown, but they couldn't actually turn it off.

If The Mighty Brain of Thor can't do it, it can't be done.
              Ok, the Goa'uld apparently have a good self destruct system once it is activated.

Comment

Originally posted by Emperor Tippy View Post
                Ok, the Goa'uld apparently have a good self destruct system once it is activated.
                Very Good
                Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                A Face you Can Trust
                sigpic
                So whats the worst that could happen?
                Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

I'd say... it's all about cunning.

Is Earth below the ships, to be used for hostge purposes?

One captain should try to find a battle zone which it has some tactical significance. Like close to stellar bodies which emit radiations or something, or an asteroid field. This should mess asgard sensors well enough to avoid nuke beaming. I'd put a few F-302s on autopilot, have them carry one gatebuster each, and hide them in the asteroid field.
                  I'd lure the enemy ship into a trap.

What I may do is put all forward shields to max, and rush towards the enemy ship. My gatebuster carrying F-302 would be closely following my 304. I'd have to cope with some enemy fire, but I'd also fire nukes and railguns forward, shooting down as many fighters and missiles as possible.

Once close the enemy ship, I'd hyperspace away at the last moment, and have my F-302 detonate their gatebusters in front of the 304.
                  The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Id use the beaming tech to create better weapons than the other ship. Case closed.
                    http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
                    The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                      I'd say... it's all about cunning.

Is Earth below the ships, to be used for hostge purposes?

One captain should try to find a battle zone which it has some tactical significance. Like close to stellar bodies which emit radiations or something, or an asteroid field. This should mess asgard sensors well enough to avoid nuke beaming. I'd put a few F-302s on autopilot, have them carry one gatebuster each, and hide them in the asteroid field.
                      I'd lure the enemy ship into a trap.

What I may do is put all forward shields to max, and rush towards the enemy ship. My gatebuster carrying F-302 would be closely following my 304. I'd have to cope with some enemy fire, but I'd also fire nukes and railguns forward, shooting down as many fighters and missiles as possible.

Once close the enemy ship, I'd hyperspace away at the last moment, and have my F-302 detonate their gatebusters in front of the 304.
                      Spoiler:
                      I think you have the Blackstar on you mind (Asteroids, Nukes and tricking the enemy
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wolfax View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        I think you have the Blackstar on you mind (Asteroids, Nukes and tricking the enemy
                        What's the Blackstar?
                        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by chicer_mister View Post
                          Not necessarily true. The russians want the gate technology at minimal cost. Reprogramming the operating system is incredibly time-consuming. I doubt they'd have gone through the code to find any backdoors we would put in.

Though, if the Tau'ri were clever, they'd put in a remote-shield-controlling code, similar to the one used in Star Trek 2, when Kirk disabled Khan's shields via command interface codes. It would make sense, really. The only way to prevent a rogue starship from getting far.

If they'd have learned anything from the last Vala hijack attempt, this should be #1.

Though in a straight 1-to-1, the USAF's teams are more experienced in Spaceflight aboard a 304. That's not saying much, however, and they are still clumsy pilots who fly in straight lines with the starships. But that alone gives us a slight advantage over the Russians.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                            What's the Blackstar?
                            Babylon 5 One of the best Sci-fi shows every made

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Star_%28Babylon_5%29

Comment

Considering our huge jump in technology on the Odyssey, I'm guessing that even if the Ruskies came at us with a 304 they would get completely and totally merc'ed. Hell, if they came at us with an Ori mothership they would get completely and totally merc'ed. And somehow, considering howmuch work it's going to take us to start studying that database for ourselves, I doubt we'll be letting the Russians in on every advance in technology right away. In fact, I'm guessing that they won't even have another ship anytime soon. Keep in mind that they only had the Korelev because Chekov or w/e his name was manipulated Landry into giving them one. Well, that was a one time deal, we don't owe them any more ships. And I doubt very much that we'll be doing anything for the Russians considering they got their ship blown up the very first time they took it out.
                              www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Working...
                              X