This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ronans weapon #Sateda Spoilers#

ok well as we see in Sateda. all their weapons are projectile. so where did he get his energy weapon?

Originally posted by neoncrazy101 View Post
    ok well as we see in Sateda. all their weapons are projectile. so where did he get his energy weapon?
    Not sure...in runner the weapons looked like energy weapons in the flashbacks. And the weapons did have a red glow when fired.

Spoiler:
    Maybe it's traveler technology
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

A possibility I never see raised is that the energy weapon that Ronon sports (& the ones we see in the flashback in “Runner") may be technology left over from a bygone era when the Satedans were a more technologically advanced race before their cities had been razed to the ground over & over again.

If our civilization came to an end how many ordinary people would be able to make some of our most common technology from scratch?
      Last edited by Argosy; 06 September 2007, 09:25 AM.
      sigpic
      Spoiler:
      Me: “I just wanted to take the Staten Island Ferry…I wasn’t expecting the extraordinary rendition.”
      *Three DHS guys dressed in black pop out of nowhere. *
      DHS: “NOBODY EVER EXPECTS THE EXTRAORDINARY RENDITION!!!”
      DHS: “Our chief weapons are shock-n-awe, enhanced interrogation techniques, and the suspension of habeas corpus.”

Comment

Originally posted by neoncrazy101 View Post
        Joe Mallozzi said on his blog we would find out more information on Ronon's weapon early in Season 4. It could be in Reunion or Travelers
        Spoiler:
        because Ronon meets some fellow Satedans in Reunion and in the Comic-Con trailer we see Larrin, the leader of the Travelers, have the same type of gun as Ronon. Maybe Ronon found his gun on some technologically advanced world while he was Running and the Travelers also found these type of weapons after the Wraith wiped out the inhabitants of the world? We will have to wait and see.
        Spoiler:
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
          Not sure...in runner the weapons looked like energy weapons in the flashbacks. And the weapons did have a red glow when fired.

Spoiler:
          Maybe it's traveler technology
          In 'Runner' we see them using most of the same stuff that were seen in 'Sateda'. Which is projectile weapons like humans have. The energy weapon is probably, something he picked up on his travels over the past seven years. My bet is he took refuge in a Lantean settlement somewhere, then found the gun. Saw it was much better than anything he had used before & took it with him.

Comment

The gun isn't of lantien design, though. Lantien guns are more futuristic-looking. Ronon's still looks like a police pistol circa 1975.

Comment

He was a runner so maybe he picked it up on a ravaged world. Maybe we'll see more weapons like his in the up coming episode "Travelers".
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ehecatl View Post
                He was a runner so maybe he picked it up on a ravaged world. Maybe we'll see more weapons like his in the up coming episode "Travelers".
                We definitely will see at least one more weapon like Ronon's in Travelers. See the following post for pictures from the S4 Comic-Con trailer. Beware of spoilers!
                Travelers Thread Post with Screencaps

Or you can look at my sig!
                Spoiler:
                sigpic

Comment

how do we know she just didnt take ronans gun?
                  Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                    Because
                    Spoiler:
                    the Travelers capture Sheppard while he is piloting a Puddle Jumper alone on a test according to the spoilers that are out about Travelers. I would say it is highly unlikely that Ronon gave Sheppard his gun for this mission. We will know for sure in 7 weeks and one day!
                    Spoiler:
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                      thats a good point.....

the ancients would of craeted something there way like in aurora those hand guns or something like the asurans.

those guns are advanced but probaly not ancient, maybe a race advanced enough but was wiped out
                      sigpic

Comment

On a related note, I have long been puzzled over the lack of style unity among the Satedan and the Genii weapons shown. In "Sateda", we've seen perfectly conventional-looking fragmentation grenades, a shotgun that is clearly a Striker/Streetsweeper, a double-barrel piston that looks like a low-gauge sawn-off shotgun and a weird three-barreled rifle that seems to need reloading every two-three shots. Among the Genii, we see pistols that are similar to Colt 1911, fairly conventional looking submachine guns (fitted with big scopes that would be more appropriate on a sniper rifle)- and the same three-barrel rifle design that just plain doesn't fit into the category. I mean, if they know how to make a normal SMG, why bother with convoluted and inefficient designs like that?
                        If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                          The gun isn't of lantien design, though. Lantien guns are more futuristic-looking. Ronon's still looks like a police pistol circa 1975.
                          We don't actually know what a Lantean gun is, like other races they could have had many, especially if some were working independently from those on Atlantis on other planets around the galaxy.

It could have even been maybe one of the first energy weapons designed when the war broke out initially. Then they upgraded to more efficient models that allowed them to get off more shots.

It's possible that other advanced races could have created it before they were wiped out by the Wraith. However I still feel it's to do with the Lanteans or some offshoot of them.

Comment

that is gonna run out of power if he keeps on shooting it the way he does lol
                            sigpic

Comment

True dat.. Actually i wonder how it is charged? IIRC one episode it looked like he 'reloaded it'..

Comment

Working...
                              X