an awful lot of bleeping going on, unless the SciFi Channel dubs out
    the swearing...)

October 12

08:00 Pm Odyssey 5

Oct. 19

Oct. 26

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Originally posted by morjana View Post
    A previously cancelled Showtime series, Odyssey 5. (I only watched
    the first two episodes when it ran on Showtime. There's going to be
    an awful lot of bleeping going on, unless the SciFi Channel dubs out
    the swearing...)
    Well there already is a lot of bleeping here on my end..stupid *$#&@ Showtime, that ($*@! network for canceling #*@!( show before the (!!@#*$# conclusion.

In all seriousness, doesn't this seem a little dumb to air a show that was canceled without anything close to a conclusion? I could understand if SciFi had produced a two hour movie or mini series to conclude with, but all this is going to do is get people just angry when the final episode airs. Add to the fact there is only 20-21 some episodes to air anyways.

This was a very good show, with a very interesting cast and story. But sadly it is a prime example of how time and time again shows get pulled out from under us without ever giving us a conclusion. I really think people need to stop accepting this and start showing the networks that has long as they want to pull this crap, we won't watch. We should demand that they budget or factor in that an ending needs to be produced. Would we ever read a book if we could not finish the last chapter? Where would Shakespeare be if in all his plays, someone lost the final Acts?

Comment

Manny Coto, the creator of O5, which is the best sci-fi show ever, still wants to continue the show, and will not explain what will happen. Peter Weller is dieing to do the show again. They are just affraid that IF (huge if) they do the show again the son will have to be recast because he's 35ish, and plays a 17-22 year old.

But I have no clue at all how this will be shown on Sci-fi! There isn't just a lot of needed swearing, the world implodes and they are sent back in time, I would swear a lot too, but A LOT of sex!

And the ending is some of the best TV I have ever seen, it's up there with West Wing. It was an ending that would completely change the way the show is, and the best part of the show? It did that a lot. There is one episode that ends like "Oh my god!", I think it's episode 14. Another has an ending going that changes the pilot and no one knows but us, and the series finale is stunning with everything that happens.

WATCH THIS SHOW! GET IT BACK ON THE AIR!

It was Showtime's number 2 show, and they canceled it because it was a sci-fi show, same reason as SG-1 and Dead Like Me, both of which came back.

Comment

Starts Friday at 8pm eastern!!!

WATCH IT!!!!!

Comment

Great series

you should buy the box set
          Let it be known for all times there were once two planets in this system. The planet Lister made great television shows. The planet Liber made crap
          They had to fake the ratings
          They had to fake the ratings.
          Let it be known for all times there were once...

Comment

What exactly happens in the series?

Do they stay in thier ship or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
              What exactly happens in the series?

Do they stay in thier ship or what?
              If you watched the first 15 minutes or the 30 second ads you would know an alien comes and sends them back in time after the planet blew up.

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                A previously cancelled Showtime series, Odyssey 5. (I only watched the first two episodes when it ran on Showtime. There's going to be an awful lot of bleeping going on, unless the SciFi Channel dubs out the swearing...)

LOL!

I was right about the bleeping!

They even deleted the swearwords from Closed Captioning (they inserted "deleted" where the swearword was).

LOL!

I had forgotten how much the first episode of Odyssey 5 reminded me of a plot line from the original Battlestar Galactica series with Patrick Macnee as Count Iblis, beginning in "The War of the Gods, Part 1."

A squadron of BSG vipers is overtaken by a HUGE crystalline ship, and later, Apollo, Starbuck and Sheba are taken.

The crystalline ship in Odyssey reminded me of the ship in BSG.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

How nice of Sci-Fi to cancel O5 after three weeks. There are some of us that would like to see the rest of the series.

Comment

You can still get the boxed set.

The show itself is REALLY good, so good I was extremely surprised. The swearing bothered me a bit but I got used to it after the first few episodes. I'm only half-way through the show (just finished watching episode 10 today) and can't wait to finish watching it.
                    Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                    Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                    Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                    --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Wait 3-4 more episodes, your jaw will hit the floor, wait until the last episode and you will cry that there is no more.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo View Post
                        Wait 3-4 more episodes, your jaw will hit the floor, wait until the last episode and you will cry that there is no more.
                        Sci-Fi channel boned us on Friday,, there was no show..
                        My Story:
                        http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

Just started watching this on DVD and am loving it. Hopefully more TV exposure just helps lead to more, or at least a movie.

Also love the Stargate commercials on the DVD. Is there a list anywere with all Stargate promotions on DVD?

Comment

Just watched episode 13 "The Trouble With Harry" and right now its my favorite episode so far, just a really wonderful episode.
                            Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                            Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                            Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                            --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

I just finished watching the whole 1st season on DVD through Blockbuster. I really liked it! I hope they at least make a TV movie to wrap up the end of the show. It really sucks being stuck out in limbo!
                              "It's a blast door"

Comment

Working...
                              X