A Few Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Few Questions

I've bought Season 10 on DVD, and after watching a couple (and the last one ) I have a couple of questions

1. What happens to Tomin after 'Line in the Sand'
    2. Do the Ori REALLY get destroyed in 'The Shroud'
    3. Does the team keep the Asgard Core after 'Unending'

I can kind of answer one for you

Beware, movie spoilers! (Ark of Truth)

Spoiler:
    The war with the forces of the Ori continues. But Earth (and all of our galaxy) has just gotten a major break: Tomin, Vala's husband and a commander of the invading armies, has defected.

SG-1 brings Tomin to Earth, and he tells them that the worshippers of the Ori are about to bring another wave of warships through the intergalactic Supergate. There has been little we could do to stand up to only the first four ships ("Flesh and Blood") -- with dozens of ships fighting their holy war, the Ori victory will be swift. And a coordinated attack on Earth is most certainly imminent.

Tomin is welcomed as a guest, a war-torn soul who is still coming to terms with the fact that he has done terrible things in the service of false gods. But the I.O.A., the agency over the Stargate program, wants to interrogate him as an enemy prisoner. With Richard Woolsey occupied with the Atlantis expedition, they send James Merek to the S.G.C. Merek pretends to be friendly and disarming, an ally just doing his job, but makes it clear to Tomin that he holds him in great disdain, heartlessly confronting h
    An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Since question one has been answered ill take a shot at the other two:

Question 2: Were not really sure whats happened to the Ori. THe weapon went through but there really is no way to be sure if they were destroyed or if something went wrong, and even if they were destroyed, Aria has ascended and will just take their place.

Question 3: We can only hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by robbio2000 View Post
        I've bought Season 10 on DVD, and after watching a couple (and the last one ) I have a couple of questions

1. What happens to Tomin after 'Line in the Sand'
        2. Do the Ori REALLY get destroyed in 'The Shroud'
        3. Does the team keep the Asgard Core after 'Unending'
        1. Who knows
        2. Who knows
        3. Who knows

Comment

1.) Answered already very well above;
          2.) No one really knows for sure. If they were really destroyed, then Adria now has all their powers;
          3.) There is certainly no indication that they didn't.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            1.) Answered already very well above;
            2.) No one really knows for sure. If they were really destroyed, then Adria now has all their powers;
            3.) There is certainly no indication that they didn't.
            The power of the Ori isn't something that is left behind. Each ascended being has x amount of power. When you have y amount of ascended beings, x times y = z which is their combined power.

Even though Adria has now ascended she only has the power of one ascended being (assuming the Ori have been destroyed).
            However, in terms of influence, she does have all of the influence that the Ori have gathered over the millenia at her disposal as she can masquerade as the Ori and order their followers to do whatever she likes.
            I think if she started issuing orders from the ascended plain and the Ori had stopped communicating with the Doci, someone would get suspicious eventually and wonder if the Ori really are dead.

This is essentially proven by Oma and Anubis. If the power of the ascended was a pool of power to draw from, Oma would've beaten Anubis immediately as she would've had the combined powers of the other ascended Ancients. But as it was x versus x, neither can win without help and so the battle continues for all of eternity, or until one of them gets bored

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k1 View Post
              The power of the Ori isn't something that is left behind. Each ascended being has x amount of power. When you have y amount of ascended beings, x times y = z which is their combined power.
              You're leaving out the extra power they drain from their followers, all of which will now go directly to Adria.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                You're leaving out the extra power they drain from their followers, all of which will now go directly to Adria.
                Assuming that power is left behind and that the power that had already been collected wasn't lost when the Ori were killed.
                Assuming the above, Adria may have to start from scratch.

But you are right, I did forget about that power

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k1 View Post
                  This is essentially proven by Oma and Anubis. If the power of the ascended was a pool of power to draw from, Oma would've beaten Anubis immediately as she would've had the combined powers of the other ascended Ancients. But as it was x versus x, neither can win without help and so the battle continues for all of eternity, or until one of them gets bored
                  Interesting thing about Oma and Anubis is that both were worshiped. The free Jaffa worshiped Oma and going to Kheb to ascend. Anubis acted like a Goa'uld and had human, Jaffa, and Kull Warrior worshipers. The Kull in particular were programmed to worship him (e.g. "Hail Anubis" on his one planet). However, they might not have counted being mostly drones.

Comment

True... Their worship of Anubis was imo in no way comparable to the followers of origin.

Comment

i would hope that we didnt just get rid of the asgard power core
                      THE HAM HAS SPOKEN

Comment

Working...
                      X