This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rage: Starring Christopher Judge and Michael Shanks

Christopher Judge, co-star of Stargate SG-1, and Brad Turner, the Emmy-winning producer of 24 have received MGM's blessing to begin developing the backdoor pilot for Rage of Angels, a drama that will track the adventures on Earth of the angel Gabriel and his enemy, Lucifer.

According to Multichannel News, the two-hour pilot will be directed by Turner. In addition to his award-winning turns on 24, Turner has also been a frequent director for the Stargate franchise, including episodes such as "Touchstone," "Origin," and his most recent effort, Season Nine's "Beachhead."

The week Stargate SG-1 was cancelled, Judge immediately got the ball rolling and began writing Rage. He then teamed with Turner.

"I really wanted feedback from the people I respected, people who I knew would tell me the truth," Judge said. "Brad read the script and right away said, 'I want to be part of it. What do you want me to do?'"

In the grand scheme of things, Judge's goal is a much larger, and more personal one -- destroying racial barriers. And not just in America, but overseas as well. "I truly want to be the lead in in an hour formatted show and prove that a black lead can be commercially viable and sustainable in an overseas market," Judge said.

The project then worked its way to MGM's senior executive vice-president of Finance and Corporate Development, Charlie Cohen. Judge said that Cohen was "tremendously supportive. It was an absolute love-in. We agreed on everything."

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/0...s_iragei.shtml

& isnt Michael Shanks also supposed to star in this with Christopher ?
    Last edited by OobeDoobBenubi; 30 August 2007, 09:30 AM. Reason: Rage: Starring Christopher Judge & Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks (Daniel Jackson) is also set to be playing the role of Lucifer in Rage of Angels. He was asked about it at the Chicago Convention this past weekend and said it was set to start production sometime around next March!
    GLD

Thanks to Wendy for the Thunkworthy siggy!! And Thanks to Neelan for the wonderful saying!!

My Clones!

My PhotoBucket
    Snurch if you want!

Comment

Sounds like it could be a nice innovative Fantasy series. I'm sure even if it isnt that good, itll be fun to watch simply because it has Mr Judge
      Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
      Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

I think this will be very fun to watch. I'll definitely give it a shot when it does come out. It'll be cool to see MS and CJ on the same show, but not as DJ and Teal'c.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
        X