This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will the Third Series bring the X-305?

With a new Series on the horizon will we be seeing any new classes of ships, if we are it's likely to be the X-305.

But would the X-305 be?

Your ideas please.

I think it might be a Tau'ri version of the Puddle Jumper.
    Able to carry 2 to 3 SG Teams.
    Asgard Beaming Technology to save it from haing to land.

OR

A Tau'ri Mothership. Yeah!!!!!
    WereWraith06

<<<I have watched you play with those who would play GOD<<<

A Random but Cool Quote:
    Spoiler:
    If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way.
    - Bertrand Russell

Well a X-304 is kind of a Tau'ri mothership anyway - but it would be good to see a tau'ri version of a puddlejumper, and a giant floating drone platform with asgard shields lol

Comment

I hope not, ships were probably the biggest mistake the Atlantis writers made.

Comment

the 305 would be a super mothership, like a one off, that like 4 304's could dock to simulataneously, also it would have a stargate, i think if anything it would be like a mini city ship. thats the next logical step. CS-305?
        puddlejumper style ships would more likely be G-302's (gate instead of fighter, also consecutive letter, clever eh?)
        Spoiler:
        Disclaimer:
        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
        Quotes!
        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          I hope not, ships were probably the biggest mistake the Atlantis writers made.
          Do you mean a specific ship, or ships in general?

Anyway, I'd like to SEE an X-305, but not every single episode. I don't want our team to have an uber-warship that can destroy anything in its path with them. That just wouldn't be interesting to me.
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
            Do you mean a specific ship, or ships in general?

Anyway, I'd like to SEE an X-305, but not every single episode. I don't want our team to have an uber-warship that can destroy anything in its path with them. That just wouldn't be interesting to me.
            yeah i agree, like i said, i'd want to see something more like a movable space station, big, and able to defend itself, but not for actually attacking the enemy, sort of like a movable docking station for 304's where they can be repaired, the crews can be rotated, they can take shore leave, it has a stargate so they can go home. a bit like a cross between Atlantis and DS9.
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WereWraith06 View Post
              With a new Series on the horizon will we be seeing any new classes of ships, if we are it's likely to be the X-305.

But would the X-305 be?

Your ideas please.

OR

How will anyone outside BW & RCC possibly know what it will involve. They may not even have a single ship in the series for anyone here will know. So at this point in time, it will be kinda a pointless question because simply nobody knows.

301 & 302 are small 2 person fighters. 303 is a 250m + ship. 304 is around 2/3 times larger. So you can pretty much bet that a 305 ain't gonna be scaled back down again to something 10/20m's in size.

We've never seen them be able to replicate Ancient technology before, they can't even duplicate Goa'uld stuff. So I think it'll be a while before they are able to build their own versions of the PJ & such.

If a 305 ever comes into play, then I imagine it will be around 1000m in length, carries bay's of fighters. However mostly consists of Asgard technology like their power sources, weapons, displays, interfaces & all the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by WereWraith06 View Post

But would the X-305 be?

Your ideas please.

OR

I see a spaceship, capable of atmospheric flight, specifically designed to go through a stargate.
                It would could come in several variants, depending on the mission requirements, but would still be versatile.
                The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

I think the X-305 would be the first all asgard designed Earth Ship. It would have some bugs in it to start with but in the end we would figure it out.
                  Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                  A Face you Can Trust
                  sigpic
                  So whats the worst that could happen?
                  Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                  It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                    yeah i agree, like i said, i'd want to see something more like a movable space station, big, and able to defend itself, but not for actually attacking the enemy, sort of like a movable docking station for 304's where they can be repaired, the crews can be rotated, they can take shore leave, it has a stargate so they can go home. a bit like a cross between Atlantis and DS9.
                    That would make for an interesting 'alpha site... A mobile base.

Comment

Yeah I agree with AvatarIII's idea. I think that would be great.
                      Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                      Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                      Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                      --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

At some point I could see an X-305. However, I would expect such an introduction to be part of some SG1 movie. Some big danger, with SG1 having to use the latest ship in the Earth fleet to save the day. Then for it to later move over to the third series.

With all the Asgard's knowledge at our fingertips, I can see us creating bigger, more powerful Asgard type ships rather than having a BC-304 getting all the extra technology tacted on (similar to what they did with Prometheus early on).

sigpic

Comment

Whats the new series?

And I think the F-305 would be smaller than the F-304 but would pack a bigger punch and be designed on Asgard tech

Comment

I don't care how it turns out as long as they name it Enterprise.

Comment

I really don't want to see another new class of ship for a long long time, like 10 years or so Series time. Why not take what you have and improve on it till you can't improve on it no more? The Odyssey is a bit of a powerhouse and a good step in the right direction. Why not put Odyssey's new tech on the other ships, then introduce upgrades to them over time.
                              If a 305 is created however, I don't think it needs to be a huge uber-ship. I can see something resembling a 304, but shorter, faster, and more maneuver able. May not be packing the heavy Asgard beam weapons, but still have some decent pulse weapons due to power constraints. Make it like a support-cruiser so you can create carrier groups out of the 304s.
                              When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                              Zatnikitelman

Comment

Working...
                              X