X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate forces at Minas Tirith

Context: LOTR movies.

A few SG forces are allied to one of Anubis' legions in a desperates attempt to protect Minas Tirith.

The Mordor forces must not be allowed to reach the highest level of the city, where lies a stargate.

All elves and humans are replaced by Jaffas.

Each Jaffas carries a standard staff weapon and a zat gun.
    There's a total of 10 stun grenades they can use.

Anubis also dispatched the following reinforcements:

- 5 Kull warriors.
    - 7 Ashraks (Goa'uld assassins). Each one equipped with a dagger, a personnal invisible cloaking field, a hand device and a red laser finger weapon. These two latest devices can't be used while cloaked.
    - 15 shielded and armed probes.

There's 10 heavy staff cannons placed all along the main lower fortress wall.
    Defenders' stonethrowers are replaced with staff cannon towers (as those used to defend Hathor's base).

All heroes of some sort are removed, and replaced by 12 SG teams (4 members each), including SG-1 (no character shields whatsoever).

Each SG team has, besides close combat blades, the following weapons:

4 FN P-90 rifles. Standard model. Unlimited ammo, but they have to recharge of course.
    1 M24A2 Sniper Weapon System. A total of 5 magazines with .300 Winchester Magnum rounds.
    2 AT4-CS rocket launchers. One round each.
    1 M224 mortar, with 20 HE rounds.

--- The human side sees its cavalry reinforcement changed thusly: each soldier, not counting the horses, is now a Jaffa, and they're ringed at the top of Minas Tirith, at the same moment the cavalry arrived at Pellenor Fields. No more horses. ---

Will the army of Sauron break into the city?
    Last edited by Mister Oragahn; 25 August 2007, 06:38 AM.
    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Again, no.

The defenders have a strong point and are very far superior to the attackers in every way except numbers.

Comment

Dragons block out the sky, incinerating everyone defending.
      Note: There was no mention of radar or scanners, dragons can be silent when they what to.
      sigpic

Comment

Railgunz????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chicer_mister View Post
          Railgunz????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          I don't see any mention of railguns. With the focus on the ground forces, they will come unexpectantly. Did you see Reign of Fire?, or if we are going strickly by Lord of the Rings then still the devastation will be catatrophic.
          sigpic

Comment

I wonder how many staff blasts it would take to drop an Oliphant, or one of those flying beasties..

Comment

The Mordor forces had a huge army assembled on the Pellenor fields.

From the thousands of goblins and orks, to the couple of trolls used to fight at close range, hurtle rocks and rearm the multiple stonethrowers, and counting the several nazguls and a good dozen of oliphants if not more, we're looking at a big army here.

They also used many archers.

That said, the SG teams have mortars and rocket launchers to take care of enemies at a good distance.
              Sniping rifles will be key weapon to hit weak parts, head shot trolls and eventually the nazguls, while all goa'uld weapons will be used to shoot as many enemy forces possible from a good distance.

It will be tough. I can see the Trolls taking a couple of standard staff weapons before going down, and it will take a severe pounding to take down the oliphants. That's where I hope the rocket launchers can help.

I see the shielded probes used to take down chunks of the front line, before they're ultimately crushed by gigantic clubs and oliphant feets.

The kulls will take much longer to defeat, but if trinium flechettes can get into the softer armour, and if a significant amount of KE can crush a drone, I do believe that the Mordor forces have beasts able to provide that amount of KE.
              Besides, the nazguls can be used to drop stones on the kulls, if they can lift them of course.
              But the kulls will take down many troops. I think it's likely possible that kull fire concentrated on the nazguls will actually take them down.

The stonethrowers will be absolutely horrible for the allied forces of jaffas and SG teams. Considering that SG teams will recognize such weapons from far away, they'll no doubt order strategic fire concentrated on these siege machines.

The most interesting aspect of this on the goa'uld side, is the invisible ash'raks, able to use their hand device to generate massive kinetic shockwaves in the battle, and send many soldiers flying in the air, a bit like Sauron was doing.
              Of course, the ash'raks are not invincible. But they can infiltrate the enemy and possibly hit them where it hurts. It will take sheer numbers of soldiers using swords and arrows to simply interdict a zone to a cloaked ash'rak, and kill one, or wound one and for him to retreat.

Of course, the ash'raks could stay inside the base.

The goa'uld stun grenades will be very good to stun large amounts of Mordor troops if they ever get close to Minas Tirith's walls.

The goa'uld heavier cannons, notably those mounted on the towers, will be the alliance force's best advantage to keep the Mordor at bay and get rid of the heaviest troops.
              A good rate of fire, a good range and the ability to fire linearily will be better than hurtling big stones.

But again, those very same weapons could be negated by the Mordor stonethrowers and the nazguls coming close to those defenses.

The jaffas will have to concentrate their fire of these flying beasts.

I can't say which side could won this one, but at least I think I presented several key aspects of the battle.
              The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

^ an excellent decription, green to you.
                sigpic

Comment

I would line up all the Jaffa and Kull on the battlements and assist the archers. Let the enemy forces get in close before opening fire. They will use their rapid and superior firepower to hold the enemy back.

SG teams will set up their mortars to target further back into the enemy ranks and attempt to upset their advance and adjust fire outwards. Other SG team members not manning the mortar or spotting will use the sniper rifles to take out high value targets like section/battalion leaders. If the SG teams have any C4 or claymore mines these will be planted in the field before and detonated as a last line of defense before the enemy forces reach the wall.

The staff towers and take out the siege towers and then try to nail the war elephants. Snipers can assist in the latter task. Probably want to include a .50 cal sniper rifle in the mix too. The staff cannons will provide anti-air coverage and also assist the staff towers and the Jaffa/Kull. The staff towers can take over the job of the mortar when it runs out of ammo.

I'll send the Ashraks behind enemy lines. Once the attack has begun they will disrupt communications and eliminate the senior leadership of the Sauron army.

OK, feel free to poke holes in my battle plan.

Comment

Just a few reminders.

There are no archers on the good guys' side.
                    There's no C4 claymores or else.
                    No .50 cal for the sniper rifles.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                      All elves and humans are replaced by Jaffas.
                      Ok, I totally miss that part. Still all those Jaffa standing at the walls with staffs and zats will be equally as effective if not more so than archers. I don't see the enemy getting close to the walls if everyone works together.

Comment

How about if one of the ring wraiths make it into the city ?

they cant be killed by any man

So you gotta hope a female is there to save them :O

Comment

Originally posted by HAL View Post
                          How about if one of the ring wraiths make it into the city ?

they cant be killed by any man

So you gotta hope a female is there to save them :O

Not nessicaliry, Anubis is technicaly neither male nor female, do the Stargate side get Anubis in this battle

Comment

I thought there was a games section in this forum for posts like these (cleverly disguised Versus Thread). Clearly I'm mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                              I thought there was a games section in this forum for posts like these (cleverly disguised Versus Thread). Clearly I'm mistaken.
                              There's a forum for stuff like games, but clearly not for such threads. Basically, those threads rely on the Science and Tech, so it's logical to find them here.

Comment

Working...
                              X