This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis Season One and Pilot release

Is there any difference between The Complete First Season version of the pilot and the Pilot Rising release? Thanks.
    There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You can't remake the past, so look ahead...or risk being left behind

The only difference I can see is that with one version you get the full first season (absolutely free!) and the other is a stand alone pilot episode.

Comment

There is no difference between the actual episodes, and any behind-the-scenes stuff will probably be on the season 1 set disc also. so unless you have loads of money to spend and want the same episode twice, i'd just get the season 1 set.

Edit: Unless they bring out Rising on HD-DVD or Blu-Ray Disc, that'd be awesome!
      Last edited by Captain Chaap; 25 August 2007, 09:05 AM. Reason: To Write More Words

Comment

thanks. just wanted to be sure
        There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You can't remake the past, so look ahead...or risk being left behind

Comment

Thats what we're here for

Comment

The Season 1 Atlantis DVD Boxset doesn't include the commentary for 'Rising' but the Rising DVD Pilot does.

So if you want the Rising commentary, get the Rising DVD Pilot!

Comment

Originally posted by duffarama View Post
              The Season 1 Atlantis DVD Boxset doesn't include the commentary for 'Rising' but the Rising DVD Pilot does.

On the region 1 box set there is a commentary on the pilot with Joe Flanigan and Martin Wood. I'm not sure what the reason the studio had for the pilot being released by itself, but it is a waste of money to me because you get the same thing on the box set. This is happening also with Blade: The Series where the pilot only is being released on Sept. 18 although it is in an extended, unrated edition. I don't know why studios do this? They should just release the whole series in a box set, but it seems someone thinks they can make more money this way.
              Last edited by Redhooks; 30 August 2007, 02:28 PM.
              Spoiler:
              sigpic

Comment

Theres always someone who will buy it just so they can say they own the 'complete' collection. Its the same when they release the volumes seperately and then in a boxset. Buying all the volumes seperately costs almost 3 times as much as the boxset for exactly the same thing!

Comment

The Season 1 Atlantis DVD Boxset doesn't include the commentary for 'Rising'
                  Yes it does.
                  Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

It definitely does have commentary in Region 2 Season 1 box set

Comment

Isn't the basic difference just that Rising (pilot) was released very early and many of us bought it for the RDA/MS/SG1 factor. I've had it quite a while and am looking to sell it because I do have the season 1 of SGA now.
                      If you're not going to learn from your mistakes, don't make any!

Comment

Originally posted by NIKIN View Post
                        It definitely does have commentary in Region 2 Season 1 box set
                        Sorry guys, I have Region 4.

Comment

Working...
                        X