PDA

View Full Version : Atlantis Season One and Pilot release

Prometheus 1
August 24th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Is there any difference between The Complete First Season version of the pilot and the Pilot Rising release? Thanks.

Pharaoh Hamenthotep
August 25th, 2007, 02:20 AM
The only difference I can see is that with one version you get the full first season (absolutely free!;)) and the other is a stand alone pilot episode.

Captain Chaap
August 25th, 2007, 09:03 AM
There is no difference between the actual episodes, and any behind-the-scenes stuff will probably be on the season 1 set disc also. so unless you have loads of money to spend and want the same episode twice, i'd just get the season 1 set.

Edit: Unless they bring out Rising on HD-DVD or Blu-Ray Disc, that'd be awesome!

Prometheus 1
August 25th, 2007, 02:33 PM
thanks. just wanted to be sure

Pharaoh Hamenthotep
August 25th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Thats what we're here for ;)

duffarama
August 30th, 2007, 07:36 AM
The Season 1 Atlantis DVD Boxset doesn't include the commentary for 'Rising' but the Rising DVD Pilot does.

So if you want the Rising commentary, get the Rising DVD Pilot! :)

Redhooks
August 30th, 2007, 09:18 AM
The Season 1 Atlantis DVD Boxset doesn't include the commentary for 'Rising' but the Rising DVD Pilot does.

On the region 1 box set there is a commentary on the pilot with Joe Flanigan and Martin Wood. I'm not sure what the reason the studio had for the pilot being released by itself, but it is a waste of money to me because you get the same thing on the box set. This is happening also with Blade: The Series where the pilot only is being released on Sept. 18 although it is in an extended, unrated edition. I don't know why studios do this? They should just release the whole series in a box set, but it seems someone thinks they can make more money this way. :confused: :S :(

Pharaoh Hamenthotep
August 30th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Theres always someone who will buy it just so they can say they own the 'complete' collection. Its the same when they release the volumes seperately and then in a boxset. Buying all the volumes seperately costs almost 3 times as much as the boxset for exactly the same thing!

Ugly Pig
September 2nd, 2007, 04:09 AM
The Season 1 Atlantis DVD Boxset doesn't include the commentary for 'Rising'

Yes it does.

NIKIN
September 3rd, 2007, 01:31 AM

It definitely does have commentary in Region 2 Season 1 box set

Classic
September 3rd, 2007, 02:46 AM
Isn't the basic difference just that Rising (pilot) was released very early and many of us bought it for the RDA/MS/SG1 factor. I've had it quite a while and am looking to sell it because I do have the season 1 of SGA now.

duffarama
September 4th, 2007, 06:38 AM
It definitely does have commentary in Region 2 Season 1 box set
Sorry guys, I have Region 4. :p