• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young MacGyver?

Found this online:

YOUNG MACGUYVER PROJECT
    Studio: Paramount Network Television
    Commitment: Pilot Pick Up (Put Pilot)
    Auspices: Steve Downing (EP N/W), John Richards (EP N/W), Henry Winkler (EP N/W), Sam Baum (SP / W-Pilot)
    Logline: The original series starred Richard Dean Anderson and ran from on ABC from September 1985 to August 1992. "Young MacGyver" will follow the twentysomething hero as he leaves school and winds up joining the Phoenix Foundation -- the good-guy organization his uncle belonged to -- on a lark. Once there, he discovers that he's incredibly adept at stepping into Uncle MacGyver's shoes.

"Our MacGyver will be a little more irreverent than the original," explains Carolyn Bernstein, senior VP of drama development at the WB. "It will have a lot in terms of the same elements of the original series, but with a brand-new cast of characters and updated for present day."

The original "MacGyver" was the last show to pop a solid number for ABC in the pre-"Monday Night Football" time slot. Indeed, Paramount first approached ABC about the "Young MacGyver" project, but the network passed.

Its been backed up uy IMDB

Check out the link where I found it here" LINK. Scroll to the bottom to see the information I just posted.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Macgyver! Not Macguyver
    The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

Umm... Where have you been?

This show was supposed to be made a year or two ago with hot "Dean" from Gilmore Girls", that's why he left, and it was chanceled.
      It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

NO MORE PREQUILS!!!!!!!!!!

It's screwed up Star Wars, Star Trek!
        Alex :: UE Photographer @ Large
        www.alcsnet.com/urbex-milton/
        2 Cor 4:7

Comment

Wow, my freaky Stargate/Gilmore Girls crossover fantasy gets freakier all the time. Dean would have made a great Macgyver mini-me.

Comment

I guess it must be like the commerical where the guy finally got to the end of the internet. Everybody in Hollywood must be completely out of new ideas, unless it's for the next utterly redicuoulous Reality Show.
            Carter: Navigation? O'Neill: Check. Carter: Oxygen, Pressure, Temperature Control?
            O'Neill: Check. Carter: Internal Dampeners? O'Neill: Cool!, and Check. Carter: Engine?
            O'Neill: All Check. O'Neill: Phasers? Carter: Sorry Sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Axle
              NO MORE PREQUILS!!!!!!!!!!

It's screwed up Star Wars, Star Trek!
              It's not a prequel, it's MacGyver's nephew... just like that James Bond Jr. cartoon actually Of course, Rick could appear (So help them if they try to steal his time from SG-1 )

Comment

Hmm. I never heard about that. So, they aren't doing this anymore? Or are they? It might be interesting, but has the potential to be really bad too...hmm.
                Daniel:Nyet
                Jack: Daniel?
                Daniel: He just asked me if we were Soviet Spies. I just...
                Jack: Nyet???

Comment

I don't know. I think it would be really bad. But I could imagine Don as Pete. But without RDA returning, in this, I don't think it would do so well.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

Originally posted by crazylinguist
                    Hmm. I never heard about that. So, they aren't doing this anymore? Or are they? It might be interesting, but has the potential to be really bad too...hmm.

Nope canned last year.
                    It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

It should be his son. In the last episode of MacGyver, Mac found out he had a son he didn't know about. The anagrams of his name was SAM and that's what he wanted to be called.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                        It should be his son. In the last episode of MacGyver, Mac found out he had a son he didn't know about. The anagrams of his name was SAM and that's what he wanted to be called.
                        Better than Angus

Comment

Glad that's not going to happen. Strikingly similar to this "Smallville" crap.

Comment

Originally posted by cobraR478
                            Better than Angus
                            Question then becomes, can they track down the guy that played his son originally?
                            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by trinity1013
                              Glad that's not going to happen. Strikingly similar to this "Smallville" crap.

Smallville is the story BEFORE Clark Kent becomes Superman.

This is the story AFTER the events of MacGyver, and it involves nephew/cousin/person. Its not Angus MacGyver, its Clay MacGyver, a totally different person.

Comment

Working...
                              X