This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitman the Movie

This is one of my all time favorite video games so I can't wait to see the movie even thought I thought that 47 should be Jason Statham but I will get past that because I love this game so I hope the movie does it justice

http://youtube.com/watch?v=r1SeyA7xJn8
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Is this game *really* sci fi/fantasy?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
      Is this game *really* sci fi/fantasy?
      He's a genetically superior clone so yes I do believe it should go here

Wikipedia About him

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codename_47
      A Face you Can Trust
      sigpic
      It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Cant wait for this film also played most of the hitman game's and the film looks great.

Release dates.

Russia 11 October 2007
        Estonia 12 October 2007
        Sweden 12 October 2007
        Egypt 17 October 2007
        USA 17 October 2007
        UK 19 October 2007
        Finland 26 October 2007
        Australia 1 November 2007
        Germany 1 November 2007
        Slovakia 1 November 2007
        Spain 9 November 2007
        Belgium 21 November 2007
        France 21 November 2007
        Hong Kong 22 November 2007
        Netherlands 29 November 2007
        Italy 30 November 2007
        Turkey 30 November 2007

Comment

Not convinced with the casting to be honest, Olyphant is good, but doesn't really fit the bill IMO. Still, he's far better than their first choice, Vin freakin' Diesel? I'm not expecting much from this though, the games are great, but I don't think it'll translate to film all that well, still, I'll see it before I pass judgement.
          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I'll give this movie a chance. Probably won't rush out to see it, but I will see it eventually.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I will give it a chance for sure but I think that Jason Statham should be 47

A Face you Can Trust
              sigpic

Comment

I'll give it a chance too, the trailer looks all well and good up until the part where that woman puts her leg on him. Agent 47 doesn't do that. Hopefully he doesn't give into her seduction and shoots her in the face or something.
                I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Well if past history is to be any indicator, then sorry to say this movie will be horrible. Just be glad that Uwe Boll is not doing this, then it would not even be watchable at all. Unfortunately studios seem to think that they do not need any quality behind a game to film because the gamers will just show up regardless, and will not pay attention to reviews.

Can anyone even name one single game to film that did not suck? At least Doom, although bad, did not make me want to throw my remote at the TV like any of old Uwe's films do (thank GOD I have yet to spend a dime on that moron's films)

Comment

While I'm still very apprehensive about this, the casting of Timothy Olyphant and the trailer have assuaged many worries.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
                      I'll give it a chance too, the trailer looks all well and good up until the part where that woman puts her leg on him. Agent 47 doesn't do that. Hopefully he doesn't give into her seduction and shoots her in the face or something.
                      Me Too but I will see it because I love the game very very much its one of my all time favs so hopfully it will be good
                      A Face you Can Trust
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                        Me Too but I will see it because I love the game very very much its one of my all time favs so hopfully it will be good
                        yeah Hitman 2 is pretty damn awesome. The party level where you can poison the food is ace.
                        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
                          yeah Hitman 2 is pretty damn awesome. The party level where you can poison the food is ace.
                          All Hitman games are awsome I loved Blood Money I mean its frakin Awsome
                          A Face you Can Trust
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AnUbIs2004 View Post
                            Can anyone even name one single game to film that did not suck?
                            First Tomb Raider movie was decent. Resident Evil (I haven't seen the movies) had a generally positive response from what I gather. Silent Hill and the first Mortal Kombat movie also did pretty well amongs fans and the box office.

Though yes, the success rate of films adapted from games hasn't been great...

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                              First Tomb Raider movie was decent.
                              Awful movie.

Resident Evil (I haven't seen the movies) had a generally positive response from what I gather. Silent Hill and the first Mortal Kombat movie also did pretty well amongs fans and the box office.
                              Awful, awful movies...and I was a fan of those games. The problem is that instead of porting over the game stories to the big screen, they made up any old crap with the same name because they knew that they were going to make money.

Though yes, the success rate of films adapted from games hasn't been great...
                              This makes sense to me.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X