Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Claiming Asuras #possible spoilers for everything Asuran (S3+)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Claiming Asuras #possible spoilers for everything Asuran (S3+)

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum, not quite sure of where I should this topic; but since it relates mostly to science & technology.

I was just wondering what would happen if we managed to develop a weapon to wipe out the Asurans wholesale (just like the Replicator disruptor wave used in 'Reckoning, part II') -

Spoiler:
    considering we are trying to develop one based off the Asgard model & the ARG's

- & we able to take Asuras (their home planet) entact, or reasonably entact?

We know from the SGA S3 finale 'First Strike' that :
    Spoiler:
    the Asurans do not replicate matierals like the Replicators, they build them the old fashioned way

Therefore, it is reasonable to assume that Asuras, with it's high-level, Lantean/Ancient-like technology & many possible wonders (such as ZPM manufacutring factories, etc) would remain entact should this ever happen/eventuate.

I was wondering what might happen if we managed to take entact, the secerts we could learn & technology we could have available to us (hell, we could even park Atlantis on Asuras in the same way the Asurans did with their version of Atlantis/cityship); & could even become a colony or planet we could colonize once the Asurans/Wraith are taken care of.

Any thoughts people?

There is no way that we can take the city in whole we have to destroy the thing that makes them again and again and again ( like in Galatica) If we destroy that then fire the Anti Replecature weapons then we win.

Comment

well, if they are just in the collective, wiping each asuran out would effectively destroy the asurans as a race. So far we only know of one planet they colonized, if that is their only stronghold we take them out completely. If its not and IF our ARWs can penetrate the shield we could probably take the entire asuran city and the wealth of ZPMs there. Hell we could park Atlantis in asuras aswell and probably protect the entire settlement if we are attacked by both the replicators and/or the asurans after that.

Just imagine how much the stargate program would grow if we gained the city, how many more people we could get there and inhabit the city with. There is enough room in what they showed of us Asuras to hold millions of people. I dont even know what you could do with 2 shield generators, and if you could cloak and shield or give another boost to a shield. Its way to much of an advantage, maybe when atlantis ends the writers will let us take over the asuran planet.
      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Why bother destroying them? McKay has already shown the ability to reprogram them with enough time. Why not reprogram them to like us? All we need an Asgard time dilation device, put it in a cloaked jumper and park it on their planet.
        Last edited by Nth; 16 August 2007, 12:03 AM. Reason: sp

Comment

because we don't know how ancients act, and i dont think we could change their base code enough to make them forgive us for blowing up their ships and city(ies?) It would be the best option but they may harbor more hate then their base code covers towards us now.
          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Claiming Asuras?

First, would we be ready to wipe them all?
            They're still sentient beings, and a part of their code really asked for a peaceful ending to all that.

Secondly, no **** in hell that I'd put a foot on their world, no matter how dead they're supposed to be.
            Or I'd completely castrate it, surround it with multiple defense platforms pointed at the planet, with plenty of bases on the ground to deal with any intrusion, and finally, have a few ZPMs ready to blow the planet up if for some reason or another, the control was lost.
            The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

we cant even populate atlantis let alone a planet filled with cities even if we did get rid of the asurans we dont exactly know where to look for a zpm's, well we will eventaully find them and also defending that planet from wraith attacks who would be a problem since if they get there hands on their tech than....wraith go super power!!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                Claiming Asuras?

They're still sentient beings, and a part of their code really asked for a peaceful ending to all that.

Secondly, no **** in hell that I'd put a foot on their world, no matter how dead they're supposed to be.
                Or I'd completely castrate it, surround it with multiple defense platforms pointed at the planet, with plenty of bases on the ground to deal with any intrusion, and finally, have a few ZPMs ready to blow the planet up if for some reason or another, the control was lost.

Agreed. Replicators have shown time and time again how deadly and resilient they can be, no way I'm going down there without about 1000 contingency plans.

As for the reprogramming thing... I always thought that was a ridiculous notion anyway, but mainly because they are far more advanced than us in the areas of programming and coding and there's always the chance that they would find a way to revert back. Way to many unknowns in that area.
                www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

I say we destroy the regerating program and the fire the AR if we can get it through the shiled then send a small strike force to evlauate the ground and shut down all power then we should be able to locate and beam up the ZPMs and are people then blow the planet.

Comment

Uhh, they're networked systems with copies of each other floating around. Like virii. Saying you're going to take down the replicating system is nice and all, but it's ONE OF THE BASE FUNCTIONS OF REPLICATORS. Incredibly difficult and rather impossible.

Comment

So they just appear? or are you saying there are like backups to each Replicator and if the backup gets killed you bring in the thrid string.

Personly I think its like a machine that once it loses contact through the subspace network it pops out anther one at home base. Like a copier

Comment

or, if you bother to watch stargate, they might create each other.

Comment

I don't know where you guys are coming up with this "replicating system" for the Asurans; they do it all on their own.

The reason they survived the Lanteans destroying their home world 10,000 years ago was due to the fact that the Lanteans bombarded the planets surface with regular weapons. Some of the Asuran cells survived intact and were able to replicate themselves back to 'life'.

With a planetary wide anti-replicator weapon system, like the Asgard satellite used in Gemini, they could wipe out all of the Asurans down to the cellular level, meaning they wouldn't be able to come back like they did last time.

In that case, yes, the good guys could claim Asuras and everything on that planet without fear of the nasty kill-bots coming back to life.
                          Odds are that isn't going to happen, but it's a possibility.
                          Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Even if Tau'ri can get a small portion of Asuras captured and the replicators eliminated, their odds to fight the wraith goes up ten fold.

My theory is that Asuras was pretty much the center to ancient industry in pegasus, therefore all the factories making ZPMs and drones were/are there. That's why the war was lost millenia ago.

But claiming that power will make Tauri too powerful, and that's forbidden for dozen different reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Nth View Post
                              Why bother destroying them? McKay has already shown the ability to reprogram them with enough time. Why not reprogram them to like us? All we need an Asgard time dilation device, put it in a cloaked jumper and park it on their planet.
                              He only managed to reprogram the ones in 'Progeny' most likely because he had direct acccess to their terminals & their programming as some of them allowed him to interface with them.

When he retried in 'The Return' he was unable to replicate his earlier results to reprogram them.

It's also probable that to infect them all with a virus the attack will need to be directly on or in the Asuran homeworld. We saw in 'Progeny' that the others knew what Niam had done & they managed to reprogram him again.

Any attack like that takes time & I don't think they could hold them off long enough for McKay to be able to get his work done.

The problem with the time-dilation method that you suggested wouldn't work because if they were outside the field nothing they did would be able to penetrate it in their timeframe. The moment any signals or whatever went into it, it would then be affected by the dilation & would slow down. In order to work on it they would need to be actually on the planet themselves. Hoowever when that happens they would be in the exact same timezone as the Asurans. Meaning they'll both movie, work as the same speeds & so on.

The only way he'd get enough time would be to perhaps used a cloaked PJ sitting on one of the cities on the planet. However the moment something tries to interface with their databse or systems, I'm sure they'd be onto it in a flash & be able to do something about it to lock it all down to outside access.

There is only 2 ways to take them out. 1 is using the disruptor weapon that blasts every single one of them at the exact same time. This way they are all gone & you have all their cities & technology that's left behind. You go in then deactivate every single system. Go through the city & make sure no nanites are left active. Which there shouldn't be anyhow. 2 is to actually destroy the whole planet or solar system. I seriously doubt any amount of shielding would be able to prevent them from being destroyed. The biggest problem with that method is you'd need to waste a ZPM & then you don't ever get anything back from them because it'll all have been destroyed.

Claiming Asuras?

Lol, of course they'd be willing to wipe them out. They didn;t have a problem doing it on the Replicators back in the MW. Not to mention the fact that the Asurans didn't have a problem trying to kill them in 'Progeny', didn't have a problem butchering all the 100 Lanteans in 'The Return'. Didn't have a problem building a huge fleet of ships to attack Earth & so on.

I agree claiming it will probably be beyond them because I can't ever see the writers giving them direct access to a whole planet filled with Lantean technologies. Especially when they have more ZPM's than they ever needed, meaning no power problems for a while. I think the Wraith will get access to it by double crossing the Atlantis expedition & using their disruptor technology on them, then they'll be forced to destroy it to stop the Wraith from gaining all it's technologies. They wouldn't even give them a Hive, Cruiser or Aurora, energy weapon, cloaked 304 or whatever. Never mind a planet full with ready built Lantean technologies.

What you do is get into the city straight away, immediately turn off the shield. Possibly remove every single shield emmiter. Take out every single ZPM & send them up to the ship(s) in orbit via beaming. Also beam up all the PJ's as well. Disable all Stargates by removing the crystals. Now the city has no power, shields, weapons or anything like that. Because the ZPM's have been jacked the city will be down totally, so all systems will be offline. They use the 304's to scan if anything is still giving off power emissions inside the cities. If anything is then it probably has a backup power source. You then get someone over to see what it is. If it's spitting out nanites of any kind, you either beam the system out into space then nuke it's ass. If it's integrated into anything nearby, then beam out the whole room if needs be. You could also shoot it to pieces. It probably is run by crystals of some kind, shoot them or open the thing up & chuck in a few grenades to take care of it.

After they are all gone, they have time before all the other nanites join up again to make another human form replicator. Take the steps mentioned above to secure the city & destroy any still nanites that you find which are still active. However it's more likely to be Asurans building more of themselves manually using their technologies & systems rather than an automated thing doing it on it's own.

we cant even populate atlantis let alone a planet filled with cities even if we did get rid of the asurans we dont exactly know where to look for a zpm's, well we will eventaully find them and also defending that planet from wraith attacks who would be a problem since if they get there hands on their tech than....wraith go super power!!!!
                              There is no need to populate the planet, just have it's technologies at your disposal. For looking towards ZPM's they don't need to look. They simply scan using the 304's Asgard sensors. They used Earth satellites to check Egypt for a ZPM's energy signature in 'Moebius'. Asgard sensors are far more advanced, so they simply scan, then beam them all up directly.

Even if Tau'ri can get a small portion of Asuras captured and the replicators eliminated, their odds to fight the wraith goes up ten fold.

My theory is that Asuras was pretty much the center to ancient industry in pegasus, therefore all the factories making ZPMs and drones were/are there. That's why the war was lost millenia ago.

But claiming that power will make Tauri too powerful, and that's forbidden for dozen different reasons.
                              The odds would go down, way, way, way, way down for a number of reasons. The main one being the fact they have huge reserves oif ZPM's at their disposal. Pretty much infinite power at least until they have defeated the Wraith. All they need is to chuck on a ZPM or three into the 304's. Install the energy beam weapons. Go hunting the Hives & use the beam to slice them a new one just like in 'The Siege'.

Then if the Wraith went to Asuras. They fire up the shields. Fire all their Drones & take the Wraith out. Then if any more come calling, you simply use their energy weapons safely from behind the shield & bombard them directly in orbit safely from the surface just like they did in 'Trinity'.

The Asurans couldn't have been the center of anything because they were a weapon & nothing more than that, however they evolved into a more advanced form of life. Because of this the Lanteans attacked & destroyed their city. However a few nanites survived & they re-built over the years. Lanteans were building ZPM's & all that long before they even considered creating the Asurans. As well as the fact that they destroyed it all, which if it was the only place to make their tech then they just doomed themselves. Atlantis was their main location & was all that was left standing come the end of the war. It has to have the info to make their ZPM's & all the rest of their advanced tech.

It's just the writers who have kept them all hanging by avoiding the subject totally for all these years.

As for making them too powerful. Such technologies actually would in real-life. However this is Stargate & the good guys always screw up anything they do, so they'd find a way to screw up their huge advantage. They are bound to not be too powerful because the good guys always have to be the under-dogs, therfore I'm sure the writers would find a way to nullify it pretty quickly. Most likely have McKay or Zelenka press a button that empties/discharges/drains all the ZPM's simultaneously, then promptly wipes out all the data in their databases.

Comment

Working...
                              X