I AM LEGEND Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I AM LEGEND Thread

Anyone else looking forward to this new Will Smith movie?

Personally, from the preview I've seen, I think it looks pretty good. I'll definitely be going to see it when it comes out in December.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Yeah i'm looking forward to it

Saw a brief trailer a while ago, and while it didn't explain much, i thought it looked ok. Smith is a great actor too so that should help
    Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

I just re-watched the trailer, and based upon that, the movie looks very compelling. So far this is one of few movies I have seen a trailer for on Apple.com that I am truly interested in seeing. And considering that I despise Charlton Heston and hated Omega man, I am quite excited to see this. I always considered Heston to be kind of a hack actor, sure he played Moses...big deal.

One thing I do have to get off my chest. I saw comments made at the IMDB, and was quite shocked to say the least. People are really uptight and upset that..OMG...that the last man on earth is....BLACK! I thought that we had moved beyond this garbage, but apparently not. It seems there are quite a few people that just can not accept the fact that Will Smith, an African American, was selected to be the lead. And no, they are NOT upset that it was specifically Will Smith, they are upset that Will Smith, the African American, was selected. And of course these losers justify that they are not racists, they are just concerned that it isn't being true to the original story...what a load of bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by AnUbIs2004 View Post
        I just re-watched the trailer, and based upon that, the movie looks very compelling. So far this is one of few movies I have seen a trailer for on Apple.com that I am truly interested in seeing. And considering that I despise Charlton Heston and hated Omega man, I am quite excited to see this. I always considered Heston to be kind of a hack actor, sure he played Moses...big deal.

One thing I do have to get off my chest. I saw comments made at the IMDB, and was quite shocked to say the least. People are really uptight and upset that..OMG...that the last man on earth is....BLACK! I thought that we had moved beyond this garbage, but apparently not. It seems there are quite a few people that just can not accept the fact that Will Smith, an African American, was selected to be the lead. And no, they are NOT upset that it was specifically Will Smith, they are upset that Will Smith, the African American, was selected. And of course these losers justify that they are not racists, they are just concerned that it isn't being true to the original story...what a load of bull****.

First: In think the movie looks good to and i cant wait to see it and second can you give me the address where you read about this?

Comment

So is Will Smith the biggest "sci fi" star out there now? ID4, MIB 1 and 2, I, Robot, Wild Wild West, I Am Legend. (and no, I am not saying the best, it's just that he seems to be the only big star that has made a number of sci-fi movies (not counting a single series star). Seems like he is the only one, since Arnold.

Comment

You know what, youre right. I never realized how so many of the movies hes in were scifi! I think its kinda cool though, but its cool bcuz I really liked Independence Day, and I Robot.

Comment

I just wanted to know if this movie is based of the book I AM LEGEND, does anyone know for sure?

Comment

Yes. I Am Legend was written in 1954 by Richard Matheson, and I'm seriously hoping the movie sticks close to the book.
                Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
                sigpic

Comment

I for one also can't wait for the movie! The trailer is just mystic enough to be very attractive. It reminds me of another movie, that is coming 18.1.2008. But that is even more cryptic.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramo...08/medium.html

I am strangely attracted to both of these. I hope they come through!

Comment

Originally posted by Inty View Post
                    I for one also can't wait for the movie! The trailer is just mystic enough to be very attractive. It reminds me of another movie, that is coming 18.1.2008. But that is even more cryptic.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramo...08/medium.html

I am strangely attracted to both of these. I hope they come through!
                    Youre right, the movie looks good but is 01-18-2008 the title or release date?

Comment

I'm looking forward to it. I might even read the book it was based on first.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Snow View Post
                        Yes. I Am Legend was written in 1954 by Richard Matheson, and I'm seriously hoping the movie sticks close to the book.
                        I think it is kind of supposed to. But it might have a bit more of the Omega Man feel to it.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by AnUbIs2004 View Post
                          I agree, it is bull****! As a white man, I am ashamed to see that. Personally, I think Will Smith will do a great job in this movie. He is one hell of a good actor.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I have never read the book, but I'm aware of it. It was reccomended to me by an old officer of mine some time ago. I must get round to reading it. I however do have issues with Will Smith in the part.

But, I am *very* glad to say, not due to race issues. I don't really like Will Smith, I think he's a poor actor. Now. I HAVEN'T seen In Pursuit of Happiness, so he may have improved.

But in EVERYTHING I've seen him in, Men In Black, Independence Day, Wild Wild West, etc... Will Smith is the same. ALWAYS the same. The man can't act. He's never playing a fighter pilot. He's playing Will Smith who became a fighter pilot. He's never playing a government agent, he's playing Will Smith who became a government agent. If Smith is capable of actually acting in this film. Bravo. But if not, I regret that once more I shall be dissapointed by his films.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                              I have never read the book, but I'm aware of it. It was reccomended to me by an old officer of mine some time ago. I must get round to reading it. I however do have issues with Will Smith in the part.

But, I am *very* glad to say, not due to race issues. I don't really like Will Smith, I think he's a poor actor. Now. I HAVEN'T seen In Pursuit of Happiness, so he may have improved.

But in EVERYTHING I've seen him in, Men In Black, Independence Day, Wild Wild West, etc... Will Smith is the same. ALWAYS the same. The man can't act. He's never playing a fighter pilot. He's playing Will Smith who became a fighter pilot. He's never playing a government agent, he's playing Will Smith who became a government agent. If Smith is capable of actually acting in this film. Bravo. But if not, I regret that once more I shall be dissapointed by his films.
                              I'm not sure about Will Smith in the role either... He's likeable enough and I enjoyed his work in I, Robot (although that had little to do with the original story) but I just can't picture him being the last man on earth. Possibly because he lacks the charisma/gravitas (for want of a better word) to do it. If they had picked Laurence Fishburne (another African American actor for argument's sake) I could see it.
                              I think he was miscast in Wild Wild West... but then I can't see anyone else in that role but Robert Conrad anyway. But then I think the whole film was badly translated from the small screen into the big one.

I thought Charlton Heston was a decent enough actor. I've never seen The Omega Man but I've seen him in The Planet of the Apes to understand why they picked him for TOM.
                              sigpic
                              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Working...
                              X