Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asgard planet destroyed by titanic nukes?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asgard planet destroyed by titanic nukes?

I counted 4 giant explosions which looked like nukes going off (6000-12000 mile radius, depending on the diameter of the planet) and then one giant explosion and the planet was gone.

If those were nukes, we need to get those nukes ASAP, would have toasted the Asuran planet. Planet busters.
    Last edited by JSPuddlejumper; 12 August 2007, 04:41 AM.

they where probley some sort of antimatter devices since i don't see nukes ever create a big enough explosion to destroy a planet

Comment

It could be massive generators of some sort set to overload.
      It could be huge fusion bombs.
      Or annihilation bombs.
      Or anything else.

We don't know.
      The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

I watched it several times. While we saw no mushroom clouds, those were TITANIC explosions.

Whatever caused them, we need to get that. Should be in the Asgard database.

Can you imagine the ships with planet destroying weapons!

Comment

I would say that the moral implications of using such weapons are very very bad, if Stargate wants to retain even a sliver of the original storylines about morals and different morals for different people these weapons should never touch Human hands.

Comment

Originally posted by NATIK View Post
            I would say that the moral implications of using such weapons are very very bad, if Stargate wants to retain even a sliver of the original storylines about morals and different morals for different people these weapons should never touch Human hands.
            Too late, unfortunately, both story wise and, he, show wise. We've already crossed the line of Absolute Power.
            The goa'uld busters were already a dreadful weapon of sorts, but the Mark IX... oh my.
            The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Imagine that power: 3 shots, and 4th destroyed the planet.

The explosions were massive 10000 mile radius easily. Watching again, the explosions were even bigger, covering close to the entire diameter of the planet...15000 miles?

Comment

Maybe the Asgard just set their planet-wide power generators (...maybe some type of huge generator like those on the Asgard ships or somethin...) set to overload.

Comment

I don't think the asgard would create weapons like that
                  they probably just set stuff to overload

Comment

i think they overloaded a generator on or directly on a nuetronuim vein on the planet and that caused the whole lot of neutronuim on the planet a chain reaction that caused the planet to go bye bye....
                    sigpic

Comment

I think the planet was destroyed by a chain reaction.
                      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                        i think they overloaded a generator on or directly on a nuetronuim vein on the planet and that caused the whole lot of neutronuim on the planet a chain reaction that caused the planet to go bye bye....
                        What ^^said
                        sigpicIf The Simpsons ever get on Stargate

Comment

the tokra have planet (or atleast moon) destroying power, in The Devil you Know the tokra fired a bomb into the core of Netu causing it explode. The asgard could have done the same, and the explosions could have been super volcanos blowing up.
                          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
                            the tokra have planet (or atleast moon) destroying power, in The Devil you Know the tokra fired a bomb into the core of Netu causing it explode. The asgard could have done the same, and the explosions could have been super volcanos blowing up.
                            It was not a bomb, it was a device.

Comment

close enough, made the moon blow up, compared to the asgard the tokra are babies, whose to say the asgard didnt do the same.
                              Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Working...
                              X