X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fighter vs thread

The battle scenerio's to think upon:

1. Scar vs Teal'c piloting a F302.

2. Whitestar (commanded by Ivanava) vs Experienced pilot in Ori Gunship/fighter craft.

3. Col Mitchell in F302 vs Miss Starbuck in new version Viper.

4. Lenier in special Vorlon bio-Armored Nial vs Col Shep in PJ.

5. Experienced Wraith Dart pilot vs Kat in old version Viper.

I ask that you don't just say SG equipment rules, everyone else dies. Please give details to posts.
    sigpic

If John Shepard pilots a Puddlejumper with its incredible shields and drone weapons that have the best homing capability of any weapon ever created in sci-fi...I watched a lot of sci-fi, there is no better fighter plane ever created. Keep in mind that a drone will penetrate any shields of a small fighter with 1 shot.

He takes out all of the above at once.

John Shepard could be the best pilot on earth. Mitchell is good, but nowhere near. Tealc piolting abilities are no better than Mitchell's.

Teal'c expertise is in hand to hand combat, there is nobody better in SG.

Pure piloting ability? May be Starbuck is #1.

Best ship probably ever created in sci-fi is the Borg cube. Adapt and annihilate all enemies. Literally becomes invincible.

Comment

I don't know if it's fair to include a Puddle Jumper. Puddle Jumpers have shields, cloak, and drones. A single PJ has been shown to take out a Goa'uld Mothership in one-two hits. So I agree with the above post that a PJ would easily take out all of the above listed fighters.
      sigpic
      "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
      ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
        I don't know if it's fair to include a Puddle Jumper. Puddle Jumpers have shields, cloak, and drones. A single PJ has been shown to take out a Goa'uld Mothership in one-two hits. So I agree with the above post that a PJ would easily take out all of the above listed fighters.
        Because SG equipment rules, everyone else dies. JK

1. Tealc would maybe defeat Scar because the 302 has missiles, but if that wouldn't be a factor Scar would probably kill him because (IMO) the raider is more manouverable than the F302. Or not.

2. Don't know whitestar sorry.

3. Starbuck. Because she is just so badass =)

4. Don't even know the other ship but I'm still certain that the PJ would kick some serious butt!

5. Kat. The ships look the same but the Viper is a good standalone fighter (manouverability!) with emphasis on dogfights, while darts are... Well darts=) There's a lot of them and they shoot those energy thingies which don't look so threatening. And they are mostly used for culling.

That's just my 25 cents

Comment

Originally posted by Inty View Post
          Because SG equipment rules, everyone else dies. JK

1. Tealc would maybe defeat Scar because the 302 has missiles, but if that wouldn't be a factor Scar would probably kill him because (IMO) the raider is more manouverable than the F302. Or not.

2. Don't know whitestar sorry.

3. Starbuck. Because she is just so badass =)

4. Don't even know the other ship but I'm still certain that the PJ would kick some serious butt!

5. Kat. The ships look the same but the Viper is a good standalone fighter (manouverability!) with emphasis on dogfights, while darts are... Well darts=) There's a lot of them and they shoot those energy thingies which don't look so threatening. And they are mostly used for culling.

That's just my 25 cents
          The Raiders have missiles also and they carry more than a 302.

Comment

"Because SG equipment rules, everyone else dies"

Hehe. PJs were created by the Ancients, who had 10s of millions of years of evolution behind them and they became gods. In terms of that, even the Asgard will be able to conceive of weapons to destroy the Borg. The Asgard have like 30000 years on Earth in terms of tech advancement.

Comment

I think the 302 would win in most any BSG engagement because it is most likely made of trinium (I think this was stated, but not sure when).
              When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
              Zatnikitelman

Comment

Originally posted by Zatnikitelman View Post
                I think the 302 would win in most any BSG engagement because it is most likely made of trinium (I think this was stated, but not sure when).
                A 302 will lose against a Viper or a Raider. Vipers can take hits and still be able to fight as where a 302 gets hit just once they go down.

Comment

Originally posted by Amb. Shepphard(ARC) View Post
                  A 302 will lose against a Viper or a Raider. Vipers can take hits and still be able to fight as where a 302 gets hit just once they go down.
                  If I remember Cam's 302 got hit by a Goa'uld cannon in the Battle Over Antartica and still flew on and destroyed atleast one glider or was it an alkesh before being shot down. Plasma is much more damaging than any slug round except maybe railguns like we use on our ships.
                  When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                  Zatnikitelman

Comment

Originally posted by Zatnikitelman View Post
                    If I remember Cam's 302 got hit by a Goa'uld cannon in the Battle Over Antartica and still flew on and destroyed atleast one glider or was it an alkesh before being shot down. Plasma is much more damaging than any slug round except maybe railguns like we use on our ships.
                    He shot down the Alkesh while going down. He only stayed on the air for about a minute. A Viper can stay in the air much locger than a minute.

Comment

Vipers or a 302. Tough choice between 2 mediocre fighter. I take a Viper, far more ammo.

Slip fighters are much than both. Slip fighters are far more maneuverable, much better tech and can take more pounding in comparison.

Star Wars X-Wing fighters are impressive as well.

Still nothing so far shown can take out a Puddlejumper 1 on 1.

If I was ever in a 'real' battle, fighter plane vs fighter plane, I would want a Puddlejumper.

Comment

A Jumper is not a plane. Now a F-22 Raptor is a plane or a F-14 Tomcat is a plane.

Comment

A jumper is fighter.

Far uglier than a F-22, but sooooo far superior.

It ain't any uglier than those toilets seats (Ori ships).

Comment

1. Scar vs Teal'c piloting a F302.

Scar easily. Even a normal raider badly outclasses a 302 and Scar is a nasty little ******* more than capable of handling Teal'c, who is more of a ground fighter/warrior than an ace pilot, in an infearior ship.

2. Whitestar (commanded by Ivanava) vs Experienced pilot in Ori Gunship/fighter craft.

This one if pretty unfair. A whitestar is more of a small capship as opposed to a fighter. It smokes the Ori ship easily.

3. Col Mitchell in F302 vs Miss Starbuck in new version Viper.

Starbuck for largely the same reasons Scar beats Teal'c better ship for space combat, more experience as a space pilot, better training for space fighting etc.

4. Lenier in special Vorlon bio-Armored Nial vs Col Shep in PJ.

Shep's got a cloaking device and quided missiles so he'd have to be a complete dumbass to blow this one. He wins easily.

5. Experienced Wraith Dart pilot vs Kat in old version Viper.

Darts go down to 302s so they're really going to go down to Vipers, and Kat's the one who nailed Scar. The dart would seem to be the ship which would have the better performance, since it seems to fly using some sort of reactionless drive, but for whatever reason it, like the 302, still pretends like it's flying in atmosphere even when in space. It's "single slow blob of unguided energy" weapon is also absolute **** for fighter combat compared to a viper's spray of tracers.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
                              A jumper is fighter.

Far uglier than a F-22, but sooooo far superior.

It ain't any uglier than those toilets seats (Ori ships).
                              Hey, I like the look of the PJs
                              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Working...
                              X