Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Last Man" Pre-Airing Discussion and Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The Last Man" Pre-Airing Discussion and Speculation (Spoilers)

Well, we got our first bit of solid...er...sort of info on the Season 4 finale from JM:

Despite the distractions, we (hopefully) have our final episode slotted. No title yet but, like most season finales, this one will be big - but very, very different
    http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...st-8-2007.html

EDIT: Oh yeah, and here's a bit from the SGA Spoiler Community on LiveJournal:

Episode 4x20 : Finale
    Writer: Paul Mullie
    Director:

Asked if the last two episodes of the Season would be a two-parter or whether they planned to do a cliff-hanger at the end of season4, JM replied, “It will not be a two-parter.”
    Source: Joe Mallozzi’s blog (June 5 entry)

Joe Mallozzi mentioned, “We also took the time to discuss … Paul’s very cool idea for the season (?) finale, a little episode we’re calling…“Finale“.”
    Source: Joe Mallozzi’s blog (June 6 entry)
    http://community.livejournal.com/sga...ers/14289.html

Discuss!
    Last edited by PG15; 08 August 2007, 06:01 PM.

I wonder what he means by 'different'. Hope it's something really original!
    Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
    Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
    Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
    --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Well, all season finales so far had had Atlantis in danger in one way or another. Maybe not this one?

Comment

It better be a "Season" Finale. I think there is a really good chance for a Season 5 and beyond.
        sigpic

Comment

I've added some stuff from the SGA Spoiler Community on LiveJournal; it's not much, but it's all we know at the moment.

Comment

So far all the Atlantis finales have left me at the edge of my seat. Especially the first season finale The Seige Part II. Even the mid season finales are really good especially The Return Part I. I'm really looking forward to this season and hopefully they'll come up with an original and more importantly a brilliant idea.
            There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You can't remake the past, so look ahead...or risk being left behind

Comment

I'm betting it will be something like 'Threads' or 'Lost City'. Not in episode ways, more like in the sense that they'll finish off one of the main enemies. If not totally like the Replicators, then like the Goa'uld. Their power & threat was gone, but a few were still lingering for future episodes.

They could even do that earlier on, then save the finale for something stand-alone that doesn't involve any of the enemies in any way. Just the team or the expedition doing somerthing amongst themselves. Then finishing the season in a 'happy' way like 'Moebius'. Of which there isn't any impending peril or immediate danger that they've done in all the other finales.

Comment

Maybe different that it won´t be some big action episode. Atlantis wouldn´t have to be under attack at all, but it might be some personal tragedy or anything else with characters. When they say that S4 will be character driven.
                Just thinking here...

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Different? Maybe it'll be a clip show finale like out of mind. Which thinking about that title make me think that mayb they called it that cause they were out of their minds to have clip show as the finale. lozl. But seriously, I just hope its big and the cliff hanger packs a lot of punch. Like I was just watching ST:TNG "The Best of Both Worlds" the other day. It was the first time I had seen the epsiode and even though I knew it was the ep where Picard became a borg at the end of part one when they showed him talking to Riker from the Cube and then Riker telling Worf to fire on the cube. Cut to black, To Be Continued. My jaw just dropped. That's how you do a cliff hanger! Not only are all of the characters in mortal perril, but they have one character basically giving the order to kill another. But now I am rambling... as long as its not a clip show I'm sure it'll be good.

Perfecto!

Comment

Little bit of news:

PG 15 writes: “1. You said that a podcast is a good idea (or something like that). I agree. Now that you guys have significantly less work to do, any chance of enlightening us with your thoughts on each episode after they air like Ron Moore did for BSG in the form of podcasts? 2. So...are you guys planning for a Season 5 at the moment?”

Answers: 1. That depends on the individual writers but I think it’s unlikely. We’re still writing the last few episodes of season four and no less busy on the production end. 2. We are not thinking past season four which will end on a cliffhanger. We have a general idea of where we want this major arc to go and hopefully will have a chance to develop it with a fifth season pick-up.
                    http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...t-10-2007.html

lol, not totally unexpected, but I guess that answers the second part of the question that was on the LiveJournal page posted above.
                    Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                    Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                    Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                    --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

I suppose this fits here;

Anonymous #5 writes: “Is the last episode for Season 4 being written with a cliffhanging story that could be continued in an MGM Atlantis DVD movie in case there is no SciFi Channel Season 5 pick-up?”

Answer: It will be a cliffhanger season-ender and let’s just say that regardless of how things work out, I can’t see us leaving our fans hanging indefinitely.
                      http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...t-11-2007.html

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
                        Little bit of news:

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...t-10-2007.html

lol, not totally unexpected, but I guess that answers the second part of the question that was on the LiveJournal page posted above.
                        So it's confirmed that the Teyla arc, if there is a S5, will be continued on. Fantastic news for me!!!
                        Click statement above to read article.

Comment

All I can add is hopefully the "arc" they are thinking about includes using that "open door" for Beckett. Since its not the city in peril (well we assume LOL), maybe a character is? A search and rescue perhaps?

sigpic
                          www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                          Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post
                            All I can add is hopefully the "arc" they are thinking about includes using that "open door" for Beckett. Since its not the city in peril (well we assume LOL), maybe a character is? A search and rescue perhaps?
                            That'd be cool. They said that this season was supposed to be a lot more character focused. I hope Carson comes back next year!
                            click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                              I have no doubt if something stops them from continuing to a fifth season they will give us closure. Obviously they are banking on a fifth season lets just hope scifi doesnt muck it up. As for the season finale it needs to be action packed or atleast very dramatic. If Atlantis isn't in danger mabey they can go with a character in a life or death situation.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X