PDA

View Full Version : "The Last Man" Pre-Airing Discussion and Speculation (Spoilers)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

PG15
August 8th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Well, we got our first bit of solid...er...sort of info on the Season 4 finale from JM:

Despite the distractions, we (hopefully) have our final episode slotted. No title yet but, like most season finales, this one will be big - but very, very different

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-8-2007.html

EDIT: Oh yeah, and here's a bit from the SGA Spoiler Community on LiveJournal:

Episode 4x20 : Finale
Writer: Paul Mullie
Director:

Asked if the last two episodes of the Season would be a two-parter or whether they planned to do a cliff-hanger at the end of season4, JM replied, “It will not be a two-parter.”
Source: Joe Mallozzi’s blog (June 5 entry)

Joe Mallozzi mentioned, “We also took the time to discuss … Paul’s very cool idea for the season (?) finale, a little episode we’re calling…“Finale“.”
Source: Joe Mallozzi’s blog (June 6 entry)

http://community.livejournal.com/sga_spoilers/14289.html

Discuss!

Xicer
August 8th, 2007, 05:08 PM
I wonder what he means by 'different'. Hope it's something really original!

PG15
August 8th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Well, all season finales so far had had Atlantis in danger in one way or another. Maybe not this one?

Briangate78
August 8th, 2007, 05:49 PM
It better be a "Season" Finale. :p I think there is a really good chance for a Season 5 and beyond. :)

PG15
August 8th, 2007, 06:01 PM
I've added some stuff from the SGA Spoiler Community on LiveJournal; it's not much, but it's all we know at the moment.

Prometheus 1
August 8th, 2007, 06:05 PM
So far all the Atlantis finales have left me at the edge of my seat. Especially the first season finale The Seige Part II. Even the mid season finales are really good especially The Return Part I. I'm really looking forward to this season and hopefully they'll come up with an original and more importantly a brilliant idea.

Wraith_Boy
August 9th, 2007, 12:43 AM
I'm betting it will be something like 'Threads' or 'Lost City'. Not in episode ways, more like in the sense that they'll finish off one of the main enemies. If not totally like the Replicators, then like the Goa'uld. Their power & threat was gone, but a few were still lingering for future episodes.

They could even do that earlier on, then save the finale for something stand-alone that doesn't involve any of the enemies in any way. Just the team or the expedition doing somerthing amongst themselves. Then finishing the season in a 'happy' way like 'Moebius'. Of which there isn't any impending peril or immediate danger that they've done in all the other finales.

Klenotka
August 9th, 2007, 02:22 AM
Maybe different that it won´t be some big action episode. Atlantis wouldn´t have to be under attack at all, but it might be some personal tragedy or anything else with characters. When they say that S4 will be character driven.
Just thinking here...

Major_Griff
August 10th, 2007, 03:37 AM
Different? Maybe it'll be a clip show finale like out of mind. Which thinking about that title make me think that mayb they called it that cause they were out of their minds to have clip show as the finale. lozl. But seriously, I just hope its big and the cliff hanger packs a lot of punch. Like I was just watching ST:TNG "The Best of Both Worlds" the other day. It was the first time I had seen the epsiode and even though I knew it was the ep where Picard became a borg at the end of part one when they showed him talking to Riker from the Cube and then Riker telling Worf to fire on the cube. Cut to black, To Be Continued. My jaw just dropped. That's how you do a cliff hanger! Not only are all of the characters in mortal perril, but they have one character basically giving the order to kill another. But now I am rambling... as long as its not a clip show I'm sure it'll be good.

Xicer
August 10th, 2007, 03:57 PM
Little bit of news:

PG 15 writes: “1. You said that a podcast is a good idea (or something like that). I agree. Now that you guys have significantly less work to do, any chance of enlightening us with your thoughts on each episode after they air like Ron Moore did for BSG in the form of podcasts? 2. So...are you guys planning for a Season 5 at the moment?”

Answers: 1. That depends on the individual writers but I think it’s unlikely. We’re still writing the last few episodes of season four and no less busy on the production end. 2. We are not thinking past season four which will end on a cliffhanger. We have a general idea of where we want this major arc to go and hopefully will have a chance to develop it with a fifth season pick-up.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-10-2007.html

lol, not totally unexpected, but I guess that answers the second part of the question that was on the LiveJournal page posted above.

PG15
August 11th, 2007, 04:28 PM
I suppose this fits here;

Anonymous #5 writes: “Is the last episode for Season 4 being written with a cliffhanging story that could be continued in an MGM Atlantis DVD movie in case there is no SciFi Channel Season 5 pick-up?”

Answer: It will be a cliffhanger season-ender and let’s just say that regardless of how things work out, I can’t see us leaving our fans hanging indefinitely.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-11-2007.html

vaberella
August 11th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Little bit of news:

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-10-2007.html

lol, not totally unexpected, but I guess that answers the second part of the question that was on the LiveJournal page posted above.

So it's confirmed that the Teyla arc, if there is a S5, will be continued on. Fantastic news for me!!! :D

Jenner8675309
August 11th, 2007, 05:35 PM
All I can add is hopefully the "arc" they are thinking about includes using that "open door" for Beckett. Since its not the city in peril (well we assume LOL), maybe a character is? A search and rescue perhaps?

scifi_lemon
August 11th, 2007, 06:22 PM
All I can add is hopefully the "arc" they are thinking about includes using that "open door" for Beckett. Since its not the city in peril (well we assume LOL), maybe a character is? A search and rescue perhaps?

That'd be cool. They said that this season was supposed to be a lot more character focused. I hope Carson comes back next year! :beckett:

Mitchell82
August 12th, 2007, 01:00 PM
I suppose this fits here;

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-11-2007.html

I have no doubt if something stops them from continuing to a fifth season they will give us closure. Obviously they are banking on a fifth season lets just hope scifi doesnt muck it up. As for the season finale it needs to be action packed or atleast very dramatic. If Atlantis isn't in danger mabey they can go with a character in a life or death situation.

Jenner8675309
August 12th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Maybe they are after Michael.....or another new bad guy that will be introduced???

PG15
August 12th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Stuff from David Hewlett:

Heard the pitch for the season cliff-hanger, which sounds wild! Trust me when I say that it's definitely going to get people's attention...from the tidbits I've heard anyway! That said Mallozzi could just be messing with me...he likes to do that.

http://www.adogsbreakfastmovie.com/content/view/140/

Mitchell82
August 12th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Stuff from David Hewlett:

http://www.adogsbreakfastmovie.com/content/view/140/

So he likes messing with them too. Interesting.

scifi_lemon
August 13th, 2007, 04:53 PM
So he likes messing with them too. Interesting.

JM likes messing with everybody. It fits his "super-villain" persona he likes to keep up.

:samanime27:

Xicer
August 14th, 2007, 03:16 PM
A little info from JM's blog:

Linzi writes: “I was wondering, is the season finale linked to Kindred I and II in any way?”

Answer: Yep.

Oh, And PG15's question, lol:

PG15 writes: “Is "Finale" the actual name of the Season finale?”

Answer: Nope.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-14-2007.html

PG15
August 14th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Yes!!!! :D :D

Xicer
August 19th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Update, I suppose lol:

Teyilia writes: “You guys stuck on a season finale title?”

Answer: Paul is working on it. I think he wants to go with Yoicks! The Puissant Sweven!

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-19-2007.html

aligator_am
August 20th, 2007, 03:51 AM
really looking forward to S4, but i'm really hoping the finale isn't going to involve time travel, it's been done to death at this stage IMO.

Al

Mitchell82
August 20th, 2007, 11:26 AM
really looking forward to S4, but i'm really hoping the finale isn't going to involve time travel, it's been done to death at this stage IMO.

Al

It has been done alot but I'd love to see a story about going back to the time of the Ancients.

scifi_lemon
August 20th, 2007, 01:19 PM
It has been done alot but I'd love to see a story about going back to the time of the Ancients.

Same here. I'd like to learn more about them, besides the whole "they were really smart but still screwed up a lot" stuff we already know.

Mitchell82
August 21st, 2007, 11:44 AM
Same here. I'd like to learn more about them, besides the whole "they were really smart but still screwed up a lot" stuff we already know.

I was writing a story like that awhile ago but never finished, so I'd love to see that.

Xicer
August 22nd, 2007, 04:16 PM
Little update:

Teyilia writes: “1) do you guys even have the finale written yet? 2) when you say 'five acts and a teaser' is the Teaser BEFORE the five acts start? or before?”

Answers: 1) It’s in the process of being written. 2) The teaser comes before the five acts.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-22-2007.html

jenks
August 23rd, 2007, 03:12 AM

Al

I've got a feeling it's going to be something to do with time too...

Xicer
August 23rd, 2007, 04:44 PM
Another little update:

Teyilia writes: “Since the finale is being written at this time yes? when does actual filming for it start/end?”

Answers: Yes and end of September.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-23-2007.html

Mitchell82
August 24th, 2007, 09:54 AM
I've got a feeling it's going to be something to do with time too...

If so I don't mind especially if it involves the Ancients.

Platschu
August 24th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Can the finale be the future episode? :D Ok, it would be similar to 2010 or Unending, but try to imagine a scene, where Rodney and Katie have childrens, Ronon drink tea with a Wraith Queen at a local bar, Sheppard is a General, Atlantis flew back to Earth. There are trade routed between the Pegasus and Milky Way through the gate system or Midway station. Replicators ascended to the Ancients, they made alliance and they guard the Ori borders on the other higher levels. But the peaceful life became nightmare when a new threat arrives ...

Janus will arrive in a puddler jumper to change this future at Atlantis, because a new race destroyed all life in four galaxy. Their name is the Aschen. :)

Mitchell82
August 24th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Can the finale be the future episode? :D Ok, it would be similar to 2010 or Unending, but try to imagine a scene, where Rodney and Katie have childrens, Ronon drink tea with a Wraith Queen at a local bar, Sheppard is a General, Atlantis flew back to Earth. There are trade routed between the Pegasus and Milky Way through the gate system or Midway station. Replicators ascended to the Ancients, they made alliance and they guard the Ori borders on the other higher levels. But the peaceful life became nightmare when a new threat arrives ...

Janus will arrive in a puddler jumper to change this future at Atlantis, because a new race destroyed all life in four galaxy. Their name is the Aschen. :)
At first I was going to say no then I read it again and actually like that idea. I know they would be using an old SG-1 story but I like this for a number of reasons. First I love Janus and would love to see another story involving him and second I like the Aschen story and they did intend to do a third story so it could work. However it'd be very confusing to those who neveer saw SG-1.

Platschu
August 24th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Ok, it was only a short fan fiction. But why would they make a future Atlantis episode? It can be a dream (Absolute powe) or bad possible future (2010, Undending) or other reality (black team, changed tehcnological evolution) or a computer simulation. These are all scifi cliches. :o JM mentioned that they would like to make something very different, so the finale can be this future episode. But what they want to tell us with this story? What will be the cliff-hanger? I am so excited. :cool:

Mitchell82
August 24th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Ok, it was only a short fan fiction. But why would they make a future Atlantis episode? It can be a dream (Absolute powe) or bad possible future (2010, Undending) or other reality (black team, changed tehcnological evolution) or a computer simulation. These are all scifi cliches. :o JM mentioned that they would like to make something very different, so the finale can be this future episode. But what they want to tell us with this story? What will be the cliff-hanger? I am so excited. :cool:

It sure will I wonder what they will come up with.

vaberella
August 24th, 2007, 10:59 AM
I'm with you Platschu...they could turn that dinosaur planet, Letters from Pegasus, into the new season of Survivor. "Survivor: Land Before Time" I'd totally scope that out as I'm chillin with the Genii, sipping on gin and juice. Is it me, or couldn't you guys totally see a Wraith Queen on P-Diddy's boat?! <---Okay so maybe it's just me.

Mitchell82
August 24th, 2007, 04:30 PM
I'm with you Platschu...they could turn that dinosaur planet, Letters from Pegasus, into the new season of Survivor. "Survivor: Land Before Time" I'd totally scope that out as I'm chillin with the Genii, sipping on gin and juice. Is it me, or couldn't you guys totally see a Wraith Queen on P-Diddy's boat?! <---Okay so maybe it's just me.

LOL just as long as it isn't Atlantis MeetsDr. Who.

Xicer
August 24th, 2007, 04:43 PM
vab is my hero...

PG15
August 26th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Not specifically for this episode, I don't think, but still...

MrsB108 writes: ...3)Can we expect big storyline changes when Season Five gets picked up?”

Answer: ...3) We’ve set up something BIG for the end of this season that should make for a very exciting fifth season.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-26-2007.html

Jenner8675309
August 26th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Well JM has said that the Kindred sets up the finale...which would of course set up S5.....I'm gonna say Beckett's back :D

Xicer
August 26th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Yeah I think he said that the finale is supposed to pretty much be standalone, but the events of The Kindred might have some lasting effects that make an impression in th finale.

Jenner8675309
August 26th, 2007, 04:40 PM
Question: “I was wondering, is the season finale linked to Kindred I and II in any way?”

Answer: "Yep."

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...t-14-2007.html

Of course we wont know til it airs

Sasso
August 27th, 2007, 02:32 AM
Well as JM said this was going to be a very very different season finale. It's either something like:
-Atlantis team is stuck offworld during a battle with Micheal or something like that
-Time travel
-Nothing bad happens at all (that would make it very different)
-Something to do with Carson

PG15
August 27th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Stuff from Joe:

Anonymous #1 writes: “You mentioned a huge ending for season 4 which will be a good pick up for season five but if there is no season five will you just leave the fans hanging?”

Answer: I’m not in a position to make any promises, but I’m fairly certain that we’ll find a way to answer most of those unanswered questions.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-27-2007.html

Mitchell82
August 27th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Stuff from Joe:

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-27-2007.html

I wonder if that means they are in talks already about season five?

captain Qball
August 27th, 2007, 09:11 PM
I get a vibe of Atlantis moving to Earth. That would certainly change it a lot, and with a ZPM, bam! back to pegasus.

SGFerrit
August 28th, 2007, 04:14 AM
I get a vibe of Atlantis moving to Earth. That would certainly change it a lot, and with a ZPM, bam! back to pegasus.

I don't thing Atlantis should return to Earth, unless it is at the very end of the series, or...

1. It returns to Earth, but we realise we have created a situation in Pegasus that requires us to remain there to protect the many races, and we go back, or...

2. It returns to Earth (which wouldn't be too bad as SG-1 is finished) as the Asurans and Wraith have managed to travel to the Milky Way in large numbers.

They are the 3 ways I see that being able to work.

Mitchell82
August 28th, 2007, 10:41 AM
I don't thing Atlantis should return to Earth, unless it is at the very end of the series, or...

1. It returns to Earth, but we realise we have created a situation in Pegasus that requires us to remain there to protect the many races, and we go back, or...

2. It returns to Earth (which wouldn't be too bad as SG-1 is finished) as the Asurans and Wraith have managed to travel to the Milky Way in large numbers.

They are the 3 ways I see that being able to work.

Actually I think your first thought is correct. The only way that would work is if it's the series finale.

SGA fan
August 30th, 2007, 06:45 AM
I wonder what he means by 'different'. Hope it's something really original!

a re run of rising :P but now with the replicators and apophis ;) and alternate timeline

Mitchell82
August 30th, 2007, 05:09 PM
a re run of rising :P but now with the replicators and apophis ;) and alternate timeline

Apophis in Atlantis? JM is thinking this this is all I have to say:sokaranime06::sholva:

Alipeeps
September 2nd, 2007, 03:33 PM
OKay! So we have a title!

The Last Man.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/09/september-2-2007.html

PG15
September 2nd, 2007, 03:39 PM
I love it. :D

Alipeeps
September 2nd, 2007, 03:40 PM
I love it. :D

It's definitely intruiging! :)

Ruffles
September 2nd, 2007, 03:44 PM
Do you think the life cast for David Hewlett comes into play here?

Mitchell82
September 2nd, 2007, 03:46 PM
OKay! So we have a title!

The Last Man.

Hmm I like it. Not bad. If it's offical mabey the thread should be renamed.

PG15
September 2nd, 2007, 03:48 PM
Could be.

Oh, and in case there was any doubt, the Season Finale is being filmed last:

PG15 writes: “Which episodes have yet to be filmed? Are all of the episodes being written/finished being written?”

Answer: Outcast is being re-written as we speak and there’s a first draft out of the season finale, The Last Man. We are partway through filming Harmony and will be moving on to Trio next. Outcast will follow Trio and then we’ll be finishing up with season finale.

Mitchell82
September 2nd, 2007, 03:51 PM
Could be.

Oh, and in case there was any doubt, the Season Finale is being filmed last:

Wonder if he'll post any pics about it. I seriously doubt it.

mapsc
September 2nd, 2007, 04:37 PM
I remember somebody asking JM if SGA would ever do a "2010" type episode. He answered with something like "Funny you should ask that.". Maybe "The Last Man" is that "2010" type episode.

Mike

scifi_lemon
September 2nd, 2007, 08:43 PM
It's definitely intruiging! :)

definitely. i wonder if it's connected to carson at all?

vaberella
September 2nd, 2007, 09:38 PM
Huh, so it's a three parter after all. Wow, two three parters in one season, wicked!!

scifi_lemon
September 2nd, 2007, 10:43 PM
Huh, so it's a three parter after all. Wow, two three parters in one season, wicked!!

ITA. It's gonna be one heck of a season! :D

Agent_Dark
September 2nd, 2007, 11:41 PM
i bet they're playing last man standing deathmatch

Naonak
September 3rd, 2007, 01:51 AM
Hmm...

Maybe there's some kind of terrible disaster, leaving the entire expedition dead except for either Sheppard or McKay. Shep/McKay finds a time machine, goes back to save everybody.

Definitely an intriguing title, anyway.

vaberella
September 3rd, 2007, 04:16 AM
ITA. It's gonna be one heck of a season! :D

Exactly, and normally when there are parts there is usually a decrease in mistakes for continuity and what is established canon. You have to read back to the other episodes to make sure the following ones make sense and don't confuse the audience. So it seems to me that they probably spent a great deal of time reading and writing through the scripts to make sure continuity is intact. Thank the [insert deities] because when bringing people back from the dead you play a dangerous game with continuity.

Hmm...

Maybe there's some kind of terrible disaster, leaving the entire expedition dead except for either Sheppard or McKay. Shep/McKay finds a time machine, goes back to save everybody.

Definitely an intriguing title, anyway.

When I read the above it made me think that John takes a time machine and turns into the guy in Quantum Leap. http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u48/death4all_idiots/smileys/animated/thinking.gif McKay is that hologram comp guy.

blue-skyz
September 3rd, 2007, 04:57 AM
because when bringing people back from the dead you play a dangerous game with continuity.

Thanks for my morning laugh. You crack me up! Great observation.

Jenner8675309
September 3rd, 2007, 10:32 AM
Well we know Kindred ties into it, which is Carson's return. Michael related possibly?

scifi_lemon
September 3rd, 2007, 11:16 AM
Well we know Kindred ties into it, which is Carson's return. Michael related possibly?

I was thinking that it had something to do with Carson. Perhaps he's the "last man"?

Why do I keep thinking of that one Twilight Zone ep where that guy is the last survivor of the nuclear explosion? Maybe it'll be something like that?

Ugh, this is too much like Unending.

Alipeeps
September 3rd, 2007, 12:46 PM
I was thinking that it had something to do with Carson. Perhaps he's the "last man"?

Why do I keep thinking of that one Twilight Zone ep where that guy is the last survivor of the nuclear explosion? Maybe it'll be something like that?

Except we know Carson is not in it. He is only in two eps - Kindred Part I and Part II.

I think it's a bit early to say it's too much like Unending based solely on a title... we have no idea yet what the title refers to or how...

PG15
September 3rd, 2007, 12:52 PM
Well, technically, Carson had 2 episodes, then 3, then back to 2. Also, since JM hasn't answered any questions about Carson's episode count for a long time now, things could've changed so that he's in the finale.

Maybe someone should ask him again, hmmm? ;)

Alipeeps
September 3rd, 2007, 01:01 PM
Well, technically, Carson had 2 episodes, then 3, then back to 2. Also, since JM hasn't answered any questions about Carson's episode count for a long time now, things could've changed so that he's in the finale.

Maybe someone should ask him again, hmmm? ;)

I'm pretty sure he said fairly definitely a while back that the possible third ep didn't work out and it would only be two.

Plus, we don't know that the finale was the possible third ep he was going to be in.... Kindred could have been intended to air earlier in the season....?

Edit: Checked the info and the last news I can find on the number of eps Carson will be in is from May 10:

It now looks like Carson will feature in just two episodes in Season 4 as "the planned third episode was temporarily shelved".

Steve_the_Wraith
September 3rd, 2007, 01:36 PM
Obviously the title means that all the cast get transformed into women, and Lucius Lavin comes back to give all the ladies some luvin :P

PG15
September 3rd, 2007, 02:04 PM
Yes, but when did the finale get pitched? It was some time in June, wasn't it?

Ah, here we go:

After all lunch, we finally started work on the first part of the late season two-parter, what Carl has tentatively titled “Rise of the Googlions”. We also took the time to discuss the physics of Martin’s upcoming eppy and Paul’s very cool idea for the season (?) finale, a little episode we’re calling…“Finale“. Amidst all the hard work, we found time to enjoy the big block of chocolate sent to me by the mysterious “Jim”. At 500 grams of decadent 70% cocoa, it’s not only delicious but the perfect murder weapon. I could beat someone to death with it, then conveniently eat the evidence and no one would be any the wiser.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/06/june-6-2007.html - So that's almost a full month later.

Like I said, Joe's silence means that anything could've happened between May and now.

Jenner8675309
September 3rd, 2007, 02:35 PM
Except we know Carson is not in it. He is only in two eps - Kindred Part I and Part II.

I think it's a bit early to say it's too much like Unending based solely on a title... we have no idea yet what the title refers to or how...

Just because Carson/Paul isn't in it doesn't mean its not related. We DO know the Kindred flows into the finale and that the Carson door is left open for more eps if there is a S5.

Alipeeps
September 3rd, 2007, 03:22 PM
Just because Carson/Paul isn't in it doesn't mean its not related. We DO know the Kindred flows into the finale and that the Carson door is left open for more eps if there is a S5.

I know - my point was that the title "The Last Man" is unlikely to refer to Carson, as someone had suggested, as he is not likely to be in this ep. We know that the plot of the finale is related to Kindred... JM has confirmed that...

Lord batchi ball
September 3rd, 2007, 04:13 PM
Maybe its like the SG1 episode with the Skull and Danial touches it and goes out of phase,
Only in this case every one else goes out of phase and the one person is left to fix the problem.
Just a thought

Mitchell82
September 3rd, 2007, 04:15 PM
i bet they're playing last man standing deathmatch

Yeah they are playing Quake and John just loves killing him with the biggest gun possible.;)

Xicer
September 3rd, 2007, 04:17 PM
OMG, If the BFG ever made an appearance in SGA...

Jenner8675309
September 3rd, 2007, 04:24 PM
I know - my point was that the title "The Last Man" is unlikely to refer to Carson, as someone had suggested, as he is not likely to be in this ep. We know that the plot of the finale is related to Kindred... JM has confirmed that...

Right, I didn't think it was "Carson", but wondered since the speculation is related to Michael if he played a part in it all

Alipeeps
September 3rd, 2007, 04:29 PM
Right, I didn't think it was "Carson", but wondered since the speculation is related to Michael if he played a part in it all

Ummm.. okay. But my original comment that you responded to was made in response to scifi_lemon's post (below) suggesting that the episode title referred specifically to Carson. :)

Jenner8675309
September 3rd, 2007, 04:35 PM

Ummm.. okay. But my original comment that you responded to was made in response to scifi_lemon's post (below) suggesting that the episode title referred specifically to Carson. :)

Above was my post that led to sci fi lemon's post. I alluded to a Michael possibility.

:)

s09119
September 3rd, 2007, 04:38 PM
This sounds interesting, but for some reason I keep thinking Ford... I know they said he won't make an appearance here, but he just keeps coming to mind.

Perhaps, following some sort of Wraith-Tau'ri attack, only one person is left alive of the attacking personnel. That person has to blah blah blah in order to get home, facing peril along the way.

Mitchell82
September 3rd, 2007, 04:42 PM

That's Doom but yeah imagine Sheppard drooling over it.

Xicer
September 3rd, 2007, 04:47 PM
Yeah I know its from Doom but it also made an appearance in Quake II and Quake III, and was renamed the "Dark Matter Gun" in Quake IV. ;)

But yes, pure awesomeness.

Mitchell82
September 3rd, 2007, 04:50 PM
Yeah I know its from Doom but it also made an appearance in Quake II and Quake III, and was renamed the "Dark Matter Gun" in Quake IV. ;)

But yes, pure awesomeness.

Thats right I remember that. I think I might need to play Quake 4 again. I know some didn't like it but I did.

Xicer
September 3rd, 2007, 04:52 PM
It had a good single player but IMO the multiplayer was too much like Quake III.

Wait, why are we talking about Quake again? :P

Mitchell82
September 3rd, 2007, 04:54 PM
It had a good single player but IMO the multiplayer was too much like Quake III.

Wait, why are we talking about Quake again? :P

Yes and agreed about the multiplayer but I don't do that much especailly on Quake and Halo. People cheat too much.

Alipeeps
September 4th, 2007, 05:36 AM
Above was my post that led to sci fi lemon's post. I alluded to a Michael possibility.

I get that... my point was that I wasn't replying to your post and the Michael suggestion but specifically to the Carson suggestion... :)

Steve_the_Wraith
September 4th, 2007, 03:55 PM
Sorry what BFG are you reffering to because when I think of BFG I'm thinking of this:
http://www.toonhound.com/bfg-1.jpg
Guess I read too much Roald Dahl as a child :P

Xicer
September 4th, 2007, 03:59 PM
No, this one:D:

http://djb.doomwadstation.com/quake01.gif

Xicer
September 4th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Stuff from Joe's today:

Not so miserable at the production offices though. The first draft of The Last Man is out and it’s fantastic.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/09/september-4-2007.html

pie eater general
September 5th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Yup, I was thinking of the Dahl BFG too...

Quite frankly, big guns come and big guns go, but big friendly giants will be around forever!

Funnily enough, someone on another thread elsewhere said something about Stargate SG1 still being Stargate SG1 even if Mr Staypuft the marshmallow man joined the team, which got me thinking... picture the scene... the supergate opens... everyone is quiet expecting a vast fleet of Ori ships to emerge... but it's ok, it's just Sgt Staypuft returning from his covert mission to P3X-774.

Ahem... anyway... back on topic...

I agree that 'The Last Man' sounds very very intriguing as an episode title... it does suggest an 'everybody's dead, dave' factor, doesn't it? Like that '60s movie 'The Omega Man'.

Personally I would rather see something a little more inventive than that although... what if this were a time-travel episode, only one where one of the characters, the 'last man' of the title, is somehow thrown forward in time, to a possible future where something unspeakably nasty has happened to, well, everyone... and maybe it will end with said character having to return back to his own timeline in order to warn the past about the future... or something...

The fact that it follows on from, and is apparently linked to, Kindred I and II suggests that Michael may be involved...

Meh, I dunno... maybe it is a little too early to speculate too much about the details of ep.20, particularly as none of us have yet seen episodes 1-19.

But yeah, the more I hear about this season, the better it sounds.

PG15
September 5th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Darn it...

PG15 writes: “...3) Would you call the 3 episodes of “The Kindred” and “The Last Man” a 3-parter? If so, would it be connected as a mid-season 3-parter? 4) After confirming that Carson will be back for 2 episodes in May, has that number changed in the 2 months following that?”

Answers: ...3) I wouldn’t call it a 3-parter, However, they are definitely connected. 4) No.

So Carson's still in only 2 episodes. Oh well.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/09/september-5-2007.html

Jenner8675309
September 6th, 2007, 07:07 AM
Well maybe this is the "open door" JMs mentioned for Carson :)

*cough* back in s5 *cough*

Optimism :)

Schuey
September 6th, 2007, 08:21 AM
I don't know why, but i reckon it'l be a special hour long extended episode like Threads in season 8 of SG.

Platschu
September 6th, 2007, 09:42 AM
The Last Man

Can it be a future episode? We spoke about this earlier, but it seems it can be in the future or in an other reality. Maybe the Asurans or the Wraith made a successful siege against Atlantis! :S Or they will meet with the last living Ancient! :)

scififreak23
September 6th, 2007, 02:46 PM
The Last Man

Can it be a future episode? We spoke about this earlier, but it seems it can be in the future or in an other reality. Maybe the Asurans or the Wraith made a successful siege against Atlantis! :S Or they will meet with the last living Ancient! :)

that would be a great scenario.Oh and as for the man who will be last living ancient:Sheppard would be the best guess.

magickalmama
September 6th, 2007, 04:19 PM
I think the title probably refers to making a stand against (whatever evil bad situation/evil bad guys/wraith/replicators/whatever/whoever) and holding it until "The Last Man".

That's my take... for now ;)

Ltcolshepjumper
September 6th, 2007, 04:21 PM
I think the title probably refers to making a stand against (whatever evil bad situation/evil bad guys/wraith/replicators/whatever/whoever) and holding it until "The Last Man".

That's my take... for now ;)

That might be the case... especially if it is connected to Kindred and Michael. It could be between Michael and someone.

Mitchell82
September 7th, 2007, 09:41 AM
That might be the case... especially if it is connected to Kindred and Michael. It could be between Michael and someone.

I'm hoping Michael and Carson.

Briangate78
September 7th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Well, all season finales so far had had Atlantis in danger in one way or another. Maybe not this one?

Well "Allies" SGA was not really in Danger, Earth was more. Also Mckay and Ronon were in Danger on the Hive ship.

Well maybe this is the "open door" JMs mentioned for Carson :)

*cough* back in s5 *cough*

Optimism :)
There will be a season 5, if not Sci-fi will be closing it's doors, they cannot afford another pulling of a show that still draws 2 million viewers. I love Eureka but it alone cannot carry the network.

Mitchell82
September 7th, 2007, 03:44 PM
Well "Allies" SGA was not really in Danger, Earth was more. Also Mckay and Ronon were in Danger on the Hive ship.
For some reason I loved that finale I know some didn't. Especially the look on Mckay's face at the end.

There will be a season 5, if not Sci-fi will be closing it's doors, they cannot afford another pulling of a show that still draws 2 million viewers. I love Eureka but it alone cannot carry the network.
Indeed. If they do they're signing their own death warrant. Eureka is good but not enough to carry the network. Even ECW is loosings viewers.

PG15
September 7th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Well, the fact that a Wraith Hive was about to tell every other Hive that Atlantis still exists kind of puts Atlantis in danger. :p

Mitchell82
September 8th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Well, the fact that a Wraith Hive was about to tell every other Hive that Atlantis still exists kind of puts Atlantis in danger. :p

Yeah kinda.

DONNA BOOTH
September 8th, 2007, 02:15 PM
this was posted just now on gateworld
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/09/season_four_finale_is_the_last_m.shtml

Mitchell82
September 8th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Actually that is old news. We knew it awhile before it was on the news page.

Capricorn_One
September 8th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Actually that is old news. We knew it awhile before it was on the news page.

How is it old? I just saw it now and it is new to me. :D

maximusvii
September 8th, 2007, 04:44 PM
i have a feeling the last man is probably refering to micheal

Mitchell82
September 8th, 2007, 05:06 PM
How is it old? I just saw it now and it is new to me. :D

I guess Iwas refering to that I read it on his blog a few days ago and the "Untitled Season Finale Speculation" thread was renamed to Last Man awhile ago.;)

the fifth man
September 8th, 2007, 06:56 PM
This development is news to me. I guess I can't be totally current on everything.;)

Zangetsu-san
September 8th, 2007, 08:03 PM
this quote from Mr. Mallozzi's sept 4th blog entry he wrote recently few days ago.

Not so miserable at the production offices though. The first draft of The Last Man is out and it’s fantastic. Paul is now doing is pass on Outcast.

PG15
September 8th, 2007, 08:51 PM
No, even before that.

PG15 writes: “Which episodes have yet to be filmed? Are all of the episodes being written/finished being written?”

Answer: Outcast is being re-written as we speak and there’s a first draft out of the season finale, The Last Man. We are partway through filming Harmony and will be moving on to Trio next. Outcast will follow Trio and then we’ll be finishing up with season finale.

Zangetsu-san
September 8th, 2007, 09:01 PM
No, even before that.

Whoops! You're correct on that sept 2 blog entry. I must have not looking hard enough to find it.

PG15
September 8th, 2007, 10:55 PM
Don't worry about it. There are only a select few who have committed Joe's Blog to memory (I among them). ;)

Mitchell82
September 9th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Don't worry about it. There are only a select few who have committed Joe's Blog to memory (I among them). ;)

Me too. I have way too much time on my hands.;)

Red-Headed Earthling
September 10th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Do you think the life cast for David Hewlett comes into play here?

Eeenteresting. Everyone else has to evacuate back to Earth, but Rodney refuses to leave. Or he's carrying that same disease as that Ancient woman who was found in the glacier, so he's not allowed back. Or the virus kills all the other men, but not Rodney, which makes him popular with the ladies for the first time in his life!

Or everyone evacuates back to Earth, but Ronon stays behind to guard Atlantis, because Ronon can not be killed. Or the Wraith kill everyone on Atlantis, but not Ronon, because Ronon can not be killed. Or the writers find creative ways to kill off every other character, but they can't find a plausible way to kill Ronon, becaus Ronon can not be killed!

Or something like that.

PG15
September 16th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Oh ho, this is good...

We're shooting the last three Stargate Atlantis episodes for Season Four and there's so much going on! The last episode is non-stop shocking revelation after shocking revelation, unfortunately for me I have to walk and talk you all through every one of them!

http://www.adogsbreakfastmovie.com/content/view/144/35/

prion
September 16th, 2007, 01:47 PM

Okay... what did he post on June 16th at 8:14 pm? Hmm, Hmmm, snapping fingers here, come on come on ;)

SGFerrit
September 16th, 2007, 01:51 PM
June 16th!?! That's my Birthday!!!:D

I'm very much looking forward to seeing "non-stop shocking revelation after shocking revelation"

Platschu
September 16th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Shocking revelations:

- Weir dreamed the last 4 year (as Pamela did it in Dallas)
- Teyla and her people were Wraith agents (CTU Atlantis)
- Anubis were on Atlantis in the last 1000 year and he played poker and hide and seek with the half-frozen Elizabeth
- there is life in the wormholes and hyperspace (B5 reference)
- the gates are the Furlings
- Ronon isn't a real Runner, because he is an employment a space arena, who search half-god gladiators (Goa'uld, Wraith, Asuran - There can be only one!)
- Wraith can eat vegetables (Popeye effect)
- a massive iceberg will collide with Atlantis on the new planet (Stargate : Titanic)
- Asurans (alias Terminators or Cylons) mutate their homeplanet into a Borg cube to fight againt Battlestar Galactica (dark cross-over)

:D

PG15
September 16th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Okay... what did he post on June 16th at 8:14 pm? Hmm, Hmmm, snapping fingers here, come on come on ;)

You first. :p

Seriously though, I know the hiatus started around there...hmm...the fake episode outline on a white board?! Am I right?!

s09119
September 16th, 2007, 03:42 PM
Shocking revelations:

- Anubis were on Atlantis in the last 1000 year and he played poker and hide and seek with the half-frozen Elizabeth
- Ronon isn't a real Runner, because he is an employment a space arena, who search half-god gladiators (Goa'uld, Wraith, Asuran - There can be only one!)
- a massive iceberg will collide with Atlantis on the new planet (Stargate : Titanic)
- Asurans (alias Terminators or Cylons) mutate their homeplanet into a Borg cube to fight againt Battlestar Galactica (dark cross-over)

That was just so dumb it deserved green lol.

pie eater general
September 16th, 2007, 03:52 PM
ooooh, yes, i DO like the sound of shocking revelation after shocking revelation!

i don't care what others say... i am REALLY excited about season 4!

Mitchell82
September 16th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Shocking revelations:

Oh god if that happens I'll shoot someone.;)

PG15
September 17th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Not much of an update, but hey, it's a mention:

And for all those interested, Harmony is coming along nicely. With it, Midway, Kindred I and II, and Last Man closing out the season, there’s no doubt that we’ll certainly be finishing VERY strong.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/09/september-17-2007.html

Xicer
September 18th, 2007, 04:24 PM
lol vial of sand?

Oh, and the fans. To mark the 250 000th visit, I gave away a box of unofficial flocking from the set of Stargate Continuum. That’ll be hard to top that, but I’ll see what I can come up with in the coming week. Damn. I now regret throwing out those gelatinous red stick-on pustules that Colonel Vaselov was stricken with in Lockdown. Hmmm. Maybe a vial of sand from the season finale, The Last Man, would be appropriate. Or maybe a French Bulldog.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/09/september-18-2007.html

PG15
September 18th, 2007, 08:15 PM
Obviously, we're going back to Abydos.

Yep.

Mitchell82
September 19th, 2007, 10:41 AM

Yep.

Abydos in Pegasus? Hmmm.Mabey they are going to Tatooine?;)

Xicer
September 19th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Woolsey is in this ep!

Then, this afternoon, we had an extra special guest drop by for a visit. Bob Picardo had swung by for his costume fitting AND to drop off a gift for the pugs, compliments of him and his lovely wife Linda (Check out Bony Barney - the perfect Halloween accessory for those nervous dogs!) Bob is, of course, in town to shoot his scenes for the big season finale, The Last Man, and came up with a fun idea regarding the outfit Woolsey should be wearing in this episode. It won’t be his standard suit.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/09/september-19-2007.html

Mitchell82
September 19th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Woolsey is in this ep!

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/09/september-19-2007.html

Hmmm.

the fifth man
September 19th, 2007, 08:21 PM
I really have grown to like the character of Woolsey. For the most part anyways. So I'm ok with him being in the season finale.

majorsal
September 19th, 2007, 08:31 PM
lol vial of sand?

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/09/september-18-2007.html

Yep.

or the vial of sand IS the last man; his ashes. ~ashes to ashes, dust to dust~

sally :D

Platschu
September 20th, 2007, 12:36 AM
Bob is a nickname of Robert? :o

PG15
September 20th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Yep. It's like how Dick is the nickname for Richard.

PG15
September 20th, 2007, 02:33 PM
And we have confirmation on the head cast!

UGO: What are you up to today?

DAVID HEWLETT: It actually works out that today, all I had booked was
to stick my head in a vat of algaenate for a head cast. They had to
book me in to go and do this stuff for - Todd Masters is doing some
weird and wonderful things to my head for the last episode of the
season. Hopefully nothing fatal is all I can say.

http://www.ugo.com/ugo/html/article/?id=17849&sectionId=7

Special thanks to morjana and SG1-Spoilergate for bringing the interview to my attention!

Mitchell82
September 20th, 2007, 04:19 PM
I really have grown to like the character of Woolsey. For the most part anyways. So I'm ok with him being in the season finale.

Same here.

Xicer
September 20th, 2007, 04:55 PM
Just a little something:

Mrs.B108 writes: “1)Would you classify any of the episodes as being "scary"? 2)Is there a long guest list for The Last Man?”

Answer: 1) I don’t scare easy, so I’ll have to say no. 2) Nope.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/09/september-20-2007.html

PG15
September 20th, 2007, 04:56 PM
And since Bob Picardo is in the ep:

http://bp2.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RvMPgGtJcEI/AAAAAAAAE0s/NJHEzmMBES4/s1600-h/DSC01059.JPG

Mitchell82
September 20th, 2007, 06:04 PM
And since Bob Picardo is in the ep:

http://bp2.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RvMPgGtJcEI/AAAAAAAAE0s/NJHEzmMBES4/s1600-h/DSC01059.JPG

Wonder what he is doing in the execs office, on the laptop?

Uncle Tobias
September 20th, 2007, 10:22 PM
Wonder what he is doing in the execs office, on the laptop?

Reading these forums probably

Mitchell82
September 21st, 2007, 02:11 PM
Reading these forums probably

I wonder if he does that.

Klenotka
September 21st, 2007, 02:40 PM
David Hewlett used in his blog "Last Man Standing" as a title of the final episode. I´ve seen it somewhere already (not sure where, sorry) but is it possible that they changed the title? Or do actors have another information than writers? :S

Finished up "Trio" (well, there are a couple of scenes we'll pick up next episode) and so now it's just "Last Man Standing" our final episode of Stargate Atlantis season four!

Mitchell82
September 21st, 2007, 02:47 PM
David Hewlett used in his blog "Last Man Standing" as a title of the final episode. I´ve seen it somewhere already (not sure where, sorry) but is it possible that they changed the title? Or do actors have another information than writers? :S

Most likely. Titles change constantly.

Platschu
September 21st, 2007, 02:52 PM
I don't like this new title, because the name reminds me to the "5x16 Last Stand" episode. A bit off. I didn't like that 7x02 Homecoming and Atlantis 1x09 Home had very similar title.

Woolsey will be in 4x20 The Last Man, so the IOA won't disappear. ;)

Xicer
September 21st, 2007, 03:31 PM
News!

A couple of takes and I was out the back, swinging around and over to Stage 6 where they were setting up for the Woolsey scene from The Last Man…

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/09/september-21-2007.html

Mitchell82
September 21st, 2007, 08:41 PM
I don't like this new title, because the name reminds me to the "5x16 Last Stand" episode. A bit off. I didn't like that 7x02 Homecoming and Atlantis 1x09 Home had very similar title.

Woolsey will be in 4x20 The Last Man, so the IOA won't disappear. ;)

That never bothers me. You can only come up with so many unique titles before you end up repeating your self. As long as the episode is good that's all that matters.

Xicer
September 24th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Looks like somebody won the vial!

Oh, congratulations to Paula who was the first person to comment after the 500 000th visit to my blog. She wins an unofficial vial of sand (and if possible, one that Joe Flanigan will tread upon) from our season finale The Last Man. So include your email address in your next post, Paula, and we’ll take it from there.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/09/september-24-2007.html

Mitchell82
September 24th, 2007, 04:40 PM
Looks like somebody won the vial!

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/09/september-24-2007.html

Good for her though I'm sure she'd prefer his towel.;)

Xicer
September 25th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Ooh a pic from the art department!

Todd's Knife (http://bp2.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RvmkomtJcrI/AAAAAAAAE5k/TYYJJi9H-Qo/s1600-h/DSC01158.JPG)

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/09/september-25-2007.html

Mattathias2.0
September 25th, 2007, 05:56 PM
I am seriously looking forward to this season finale.

The fact that it ends differently than previous season finales is awesome.

The fact that it is connected to Carson's return is excellent.

The fact that Woolsey is in it is great. I find that character interesting, esp. in how his character has changed since his first appearance in "Heroes."

Possible persons/events for finale:
(a) time travel or alternate timeline/future ("2010" was both for the record),
(b) Michael,
(c) Ford,
(d) or even Genii involved.

PG15
September 25th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Todd?

As in...the Common Ground Wraith, "Todd"?

As in, I'm about to crap my pants with happiness?

As in...that was kind of gross?

Platschu
September 25th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Yeah, Todd is the allied wraith from Common Ground. Why do I feel that the Wraith will be annihilated by the Replicators? :(

They won't remake the "Allies", so maybe the Wraith-Atlantis alliance is still exist at the end of the season, but why should they betray them again? They could make in the mid-season three parter for good reason. If the writers kill the Wraith (like Asgard v2.0), than what will stay for season 5? So I hope that it will happen in an other future or reality, but I am a bit sad. :S

rarocks24
September 26th, 2007, 04:56 AM
Yeah, Todd is the allied wraith from Common Ground. Why do I feel that the Wraith will be annihilated by the Replicators? :(

They won't remake the "Allies", so maybe the Wraith-Atlantis alliance is still exist at the end of the season, but why should they betray them again? They could make in the mid-season three parter for good reason. If the writers kill the Wraith (like Asgard v2.0), than what will stay for season 5? So I hope that it will happen in an other future or reality, but I am a bit sad. :S

So, you'd rather see the Wraith starve to death? I'm sorry, but the Wraith sacrificing themselves for the rest of the universe is is a much better option for the Wraith then to let them starve to death.

Platschu
September 26th, 2007, 11:33 AM
They can clone animals as food for them, they can change them into humans or ascend etc. Scifi style has infinity possibilities. :)

*Erika*
September 28th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Twitter update from David Hewlett:

it's montage day with Jewel here on "Last Man"...you guys are going to freak when you see it!

Integrabyte
September 28th, 2007, 02:32 PM
They can clone animals as food for them, they can change them into humans or ascend etc. Scifi style has infinity possibilities. :)

Yeah, but one needs to remain reasonable :D. I don't think you would watch a show with a guy flying to Mars on a pen :D

Xicer
September 29th, 2007, 05:51 AM
I'm guessing these are from the season finale so....

Pics:
View from the window (http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rv2Xh2tJdGI/AAAAAAAAE88/PWXwzlBBaak/s1600-h/DSC01246.JPG)
Crew (http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rv2XZ2tJdFI/AAAAAAAAE80/D_gRcnyWFOU/s1600-h/DSC01249.JPG)
More crew (http://bp0.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rv2XQGtJdEI/AAAAAAAAE8s/qsHbsGX42BE/s1600-h/DSC01253.JPG)
More (http://bp2.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rv2XImtJdDI/AAAAAAAAE8k/-H-ZymWjKYo/s1600-h/DSC01255.JPG)
Martin Wood, with Dave and Jewel following (http://bp2.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rv2W3mtJdCI/AAAAAAAAE8c/jsp2EP5Gwwc/s1600-h/DSC01277.JPG)
Martin, Dave, Jewel and the crew (http://bp0.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rv2WrGtJdBI/AAAAAAAAE8U/rIQtnL2qsVA/s1600-h/DSC01285.JPG)
Martin Wood (http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rv2Wi2tJdAI/AAAAAAAAE8M/YJCQVHZh6-w/s1600-h/DSC01288.JPG)
Dave and Jewel (http://bp1.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rv2WZWtJc_I/AAAAAAAAE8E/bwfRY8V7AFs/s1600-h/DSC01293.JPG)
Shooting (http://bp1.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rv2WRWtJc-I/AAAAAAAAE78/69R27UaPhkA/s1600-h/DSC01297.JPG)

Video:
Wrapping a scene outside the bridge (http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee164/BaronDestructo/?action=view&current=WrappingasceneoutsidetheBridge.flv)

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/09/september-28-2007.html

Xicer
September 29th, 2007, 03:43 PM
And a few more:

Pics:
Dave and Jewel (http://bp1.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rv7e_GtJdKI/AAAAAAAAE9c/4TcXcoUOOcs/s1600-h/DSC01266.JPG)
Starting to Shoot (http://bp0.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rv7ez2tJdJI/AAAAAAAAE9U/iWsZISEpSrk/s1600-h/DSC01291.JPG)
Dave looking serious, lol (http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rv7eomtJdII/AAAAAAAAE9M/864uZtQ2aM8/s1600-h/DSC01290.JPG)
Martin Wood, Jewel Staite, and David Hewlett (http://bp2.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rv7edWtJdHI/AAAAAAAAE9E/aU939MB-Kes/s1600-h/DSC01279.JPG)

Video:
What's up next? (http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee164/BaronDestructo/?action=view&current=MartinWoodplanshisshot.flv)

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/09/september-29-2007.html

VSS
September 30th, 2007, 07:27 AM
I've got a question about season finales in general, but The Last Man in particular..
Do they ever film two versions with different endings? I understand this is supposed to be a cliffhanger. If Atlantis isn't renewed, I'll be pretty unhappy with that.

I know SG-1 suffered through that a few times but had often had two-part eps to release as movies just in case. I haven't heard of SGA doing the same thing. I know people feel pretty good about Atlantis being renewed for another year, but what if it isn't? Not good to end on a cliff-hanger.:(

PG15
September 30th, 2007, 10:44 AM
JM has said that, one way or another, SGA will continue under MGM whether SciFi wants it or not.

VSS
September 30th, 2007, 01:21 PM
JM has said that, one way or another, SGA will continue under MGM whether SciFi wants it or not.

Meaning movies?

PG15
September 30th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Perhaps, or miniseries. Either way, I'm confident that it will continue in some form.

Xicer
September 30th, 2007, 04:47 PM
A thought just popped into my head. I wonder if this episode has anything to do with Mary Shelley's novel "The Last Man"? It's about a man in the late 21st century where a deadly plague is wiping out the Human race. He finds out that he is the only one immune to it and has to go through life watching his entire race die out. It's a long-shot but it'd certainly be interesting if this episode has any connection to it.

Ltcolshepjumper
September 30th, 2007, 05:31 PM
That would be nice, BIG, but different.

VSS
September 30th, 2007, 05:46 PM
A thought just popped into my head. I wonder if this episode has anything to do with Mary Shelley's novel "The Last Man"? It's about a man in the late 21st century where a deadly plague is wiping out the Human race. He finds out that he is the only one immune to it and has to go through life watching his entire race die out. It's a long-shot but it'd certainly be interesting if this episode has any connection to it.

And people already think TPTB kill off too many cast members!;)

Integrabyte
October 1st, 2007, 01:53 AM

The male version of Resident evil :D

*yak yak yak yak *

Darren
October 1st, 2007, 04:56 PM
The episode seems to feature an aged McKay, based on new photos as Joe's blog! Perhaps Rodney himself is "the last man" ...

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/10/october-1-2007.html

Xicer
October 1st, 2007, 05:27 PM
Wow, that's really interesting. I wonder if McKay is the last man, maybe there is some kind of disease that causes rapid aging or something and McKay is the last one left alive.

Darren
October 1st, 2007, 06:27 PM
I vote for some future / time travel plot, a la Before I Sleep!

the fifth man
October 1st, 2007, 06:30 PM

I'd say that is probably a pretty safe bet.:)

Klenotka
October 2nd, 2007, 03:30 AM
Well, I hope it´s more like Before I sleep, which was great and not like Unending, which was terrible.
I don´t want resets or Voyager effects any more. :S

g.o.d
October 2nd, 2007, 03:45 AM
I was hoping that the Last man would be an Ancient

Mitchell82
October 2nd, 2007, 11:07 AM
Perhaps, or miniseries. Either way, I'm confident that it will continue in some form.

Same with SG-1. MGM supports Stargate very much despite scifi doing their damndest to hurt the shows.

Ltcolshepjumper
October 2nd, 2007, 12:32 PM

I thin it will be too. Notice, though, that JF is normal age.

WingedPegasus
October 2nd, 2007, 01:16 PM
I'm thinking time travel here, especially since seeing those pics of McKay on JM's blog last night.

ponycake
October 2nd, 2007, 01:38 PM
I'm thinking time travel here, especially since seeing those pics of McKay on JM's blog last night.

*nods* Considering he's wearing 'old man' clothes, I would definitely go for the time travel angle as well.

Xicer
October 2nd, 2007, 04:35 PM
More from this episode:

Pics:
Joe and crew (http://bp0.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RwLdW2tJdpI/AAAAAAAAFBU/s4-2TtDVIjE/s1600-h/DSC01444.JPG)
Setting up to shoot (http://bp1.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RwLdMGtJdoI/AAAAAAAAFBM/Q1UXURpjJuE/s1600-h/DSC01472.JPG)
Old McKay (http://bp2.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RwLc1WtJdnI/AAAAAAAAFBE/OIet1KN89a4/s1600-h/DSC01463.JPG)
I guess we now know where that vial of sand came from... (http://bp0.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RwLct2tJdmI/AAAAAAAAFA8/1EfS6lGc7bE/s1600-h/DSC01455.JPG)

Video:
Martin Wood and that old guy (http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee164/BaronDestructo/?action=view&current=MartinWoodandthatoldguy.flv)

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/10/october-2-2007.html

Mattathias2.0
October 2nd, 2007, 05:38 PM
Ok, I am so very interested. Quite interesting.

Mitchell82
October 3rd, 2007, 09:26 AM
*nods* Considering he's wearing 'old man' clothes, I would definitely go for the time travel angle as well.

I hope it involves the Ancients like in Before I sleep.

SGFerrit
October 3rd, 2007, 09:44 AM
Woah! Sand shot looks cool!

Mitchell82
October 3rd, 2007, 12:14 PM
Woah! Sand shot looks cool!

What sand shot?

Ltcolshepjumper
October 3rd, 2007, 12:14 PM
The last picture on JM's blog for Oct 2.

Mitchell82
October 3rd, 2007, 12:16 PM
The last picture on JM's blog for Oct 2.

I know I just found it. If it was a snake......;)

Ltcolshepjumper
October 4th, 2007, 12:48 PM
I did notice that Mckay and Shep are in fact in the same scene. Its odd
maybe the episode is sort of like There But For The Grace of God, and Shep goes to a future where Mckay is the last man in Atlantis.

Willow'sCat
October 4th, 2007, 01:41 PM
I did notice that Mckay and Shep are in fact in the same scene. Its odd maybe the episode is sort of like There But For The Grace of God, and Shep goes to a future where Mckay is the last man in Atlantis.
I hope that is not true I would hate to think of McKay as the last one left... too sad. *sniff* :( Although I was thinking his outfit *g* is trying to look futuristic... well I think it is anyway. :S If Sheppard thought he was the last one left... how would that work? Hmm, it is scifi and if Stargate was more adventurous willing to take its viewers to unusual places, well I can think of a few other scenario's but I doubt as a finale (maybe a real finale :cool:) that tptb would do anything but stock standard "been there, done that... on SG-1" episode. *shrugs*

Mitchell82
October 4th, 2007, 02:38 PM
maybe the episode is sort of like There But For The Grace of God, and Shep goes to a future where Mckay is the last man in Atlantis.

Hmmmm.

Xicer
October 4th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Shooting is almost done!

Looks like tomorrow will be a doozy that will see The Last Man wrapping late, late, late - or early, early, early depending on how you look at it. On tap: triage, battle action, on the bridge of the Phoenix.

And we got a video today!

Sandstorm (http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee164/BaronDestructo/?action=view&current=Sandstorm.flv)

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/10/october-4-2007.html

What's with all this sand in Atlantis lol? Did they accidently land on Dune or something? :P

PG15
October 4th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Woah woah woah...Phoenix?!

Can we surmise that it's yet another Earth Ship? Perhaps? Maybe? Possibly?

SGFerrit
October 4th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Looks like tomorrow will be a doozy that will see The Last Man wrapping late, late, late - or early, early, early depending on how you look at it. On tap: triage, battle action, on the bridge of the Phoenix.

AHHH! New ship! The Phoenix!

Who's betting it's a ship from the future?!?!

PG15
October 4th, 2007, 04:01 PM
I'll take that bet!

And it'll actually be a refitted rocket, and be able to travel at warp 1, and be piloted by Zefram Cochrane, and Geordi and Riker will be in the cockpit as well, and...

SGFerrit
October 4th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Well, it appears we could very well be getting a new Earth ship in the season final 'The Last Man'.

Quote from Joe's blog:

Link (http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/10/october-4-2007.html)

So? Will it be an Earth ship? Will it be from the present... or the future?!

SGFerrit
October 4th, 2007, 04:05 PM
I'll take that bet!

And it'll actually be a refitted rocket, and be able to travel at warp 1, and be piloted by Zefram Cochrane, and Geordi and Riker will be in the cockpit as well, and...

Lol:D

Well, I'm chuffed:D

This episode is going to be GREAT!

Wraith_Boy
October 4th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Well, it appears we could very well be getting a new Earth ship in the season final 'The Last Man'.

Quote from Joe's blog:

Link (http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/10/october-4-2007.html)

So? Will it be an Earth ship? Will it be from the present... or the future?!

Since it's just been announced it's impossible to fathom a guess as to it's origins.

The name would suggest an Earth ship. However they named an Aurora class ship 'Orion'. So it could be the captured Wraith cruiser from 'Submersion' that's risen from the depths again. It could be the Tria/Trea that they've restored. It could even be a cptured Asuran ship, or one taken from the the travelers.

I've not seen or heard much about Daedalus in S4, but Apollo is mentioned in one of the later eps. So it's still around. If Phoenix is another 304 or new class of ship. Then I don't expect them to keep all 3. It would be cool, but I can't see it happening. If one did have to go, then I personally would much prefer Apollo to go boom & keep Daedalus still around.

Agent_Dark
October 4th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Probably the new ship thats decked out with all the asgard stuff they got in Unending. Considering the name of it is the Phoenix (ie rising from the ashes. Asgard died out, and this would be their legacy rising again).

ToasterOnFire
October 4th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Hmmm....if this ep takes place in real time (and not in the future or an AU like I think it might) then I'd wager that either the Apollo or Deddy will be lost before then. TPTB like to blow up ships before getting new ones. ;)

But if it's not "real" then I'd imagine that the Apollo and Deddy are safe.

Major_Griff
October 4th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Hmmm....if this ep takes place in real time (and not in the future or an AU like I think it might) then I'd wager that either the Apollo or Deddy will be lost before then. TPTB like to blow up ships before getting new ones. ;)

But if it's not "real" then I'd imagine that the Apollo and Deddy are safe.

Oddy and Deddy didn't blow up before the Korry came out. Nor did they when the Apollo came out. The only time they did that was with Prommie and Oddy and that was just to keep costs down by not having to rearange the bridge as much. It makes sense now with Asgard tech espesially that our ships will be much more formidable and thus allow us to build our fleet. And even without Asgard tech, losing only two ships in four years (both to the Ori, mind you) is not bad.

the fifth man
October 4th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Probably the new ship thats decked out with all the asgard stuff they got in Unending. Considering the name of it is the Phoenix (ie rising from the ashes. Asgard died out, and this would be their legacy rising again).

Hmmm, I really like the way that sounds. Very nice.:)

Mattathias2.0
October 4th, 2007, 07:01 PM
It's impossible to tell at this point. I hope it's decked out though.

Ltcolshepjumper
October 4th, 2007, 07:01 PM
Either way, its good to see another ship. I'm betting that its either a recent present time ship or a future ship.

2ndgenerationalteran
October 4th, 2007, 07:03 PM
I hope its a long lasting ship, that has some battle capabilities. That is all.

Sicktem
October 4th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Out of all the possibilities I just thought I'd throw out that we don't know the name of the Traveler's ship...

The Ancient battleship that is, not the ships they travel between planets on - Sheppard might've named it for them. It's out there, but anything's possible at this point.

Heaven
October 4th, 2007, 10:40 PM
if it's a new class of ship, let's hope it doesn't have a daedalus look
I miss those pretty asgard / goauld style ships so bad

Naonak
October 5th, 2007, 12:36 AM
Phoenix? Sandstorms? Old Man McKay? :eek:

What the hell is going on?!?!?! :S :eek:

:p

I actually quite like that idea.

SGFerrit
October 5th, 2007, 04:07 AM
Out of all the possibilities I just thought I'd throw out that we don't know the name of the Traveler's ship...

The Ancient battleship that is, not the ships they travel between planets on - Sheppard might've named it for them. It's out there, but anything's possible at this point.

The Travelers have a number of ships.

Platschu
October 5th, 2007, 07:02 AM
I hope Phoenix will be a new type of Earth ship, which are created for Stargate : Universe. It would be so cool have puddler jumpers type ships, which are capable of traveling through stargate. :)

SGFerrit
October 5th, 2007, 07:58 AM
Joe said 'the bridge', so I doubt the ship will be that small. I'm hoping for a BC-307 or 8.

Sicktem
October 5th, 2007, 08:04 AM
The Travelers have a number of ships.

Yes, the spoilers explain that - I didn't want to reveal too much so I neglected to say which ship I was talking about out of spoilers.

SGFerrit
October 5th, 2007, 08:42 AM
Oh, ok. Sorry. I get what you meant now.

Steve_the_Wraith
October 5th, 2007, 08:54 AM
I guessing that since this episode is called "The Last Man" and the phoenix is a symbol of rebirth that whoever the last man is, he is trying to save his people

Based on other spoilers
I think Rodney from the future is the last man, come back in time in order to save either the Atlantis Expediton or humanity as a whole

freyr's mother
October 5th, 2007, 09:08 AM
Oddy and Deddy didn't blow up before the Korry came out. Nor did they when the Apollo came out. The only time they did that was with Prommie and Oddy and that was just to keep costs down by not having to rearange the bridge as much. It makes sense now with Asgard tech espesially that our ships will be much more formidable and thus allow us to build our fleet. And even without Asgard tech, losing only two ships in four years (both to the Ori, mind you) is not bad.

Thats because we run away with our tail behind our legs every time we go up against someone we cant handle.

SGFerrit
October 5th, 2007, 09:20 AM
Thats because we run away with our tail behind our legs every time we go up against someone we cant handle.

Yep. The smartest thing to do.

wise one
October 5th, 2007, 10:49 AM
well they shouldnt keep destroying ships, otherwise not much of an earth will ever form.. they would just be still left 2-3 ships evrytime.

well i think its got to do with the future, since mollozzi wouldnt of said it in the first and the title suggest something to do with the future, 'the last man' so maybe something really terrible happens enough for 'the last man' to go back in time to warn someone.

anyway i want maybe a new class of ship something asgard based...and firepower

garhkal
October 5th, 2007, 11:43 AM

That would be a great gesture..

wraith form Replicator
October 5th, 2007, 12:37 PM
I hope it's a new class of ship, witch would fit in with the changes made this season.

2ndgenerationalteran
October 5th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Gather up the scraps from the prommie and they used it to make the phoenix :P

kirmit
October 5th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Gather up the scraps from the prommie and they used it to make the phoenix :P

Hmm that's not bad idea actually lol. the phoenix was the bird that when it got old burst into flames and was reborn young again wasn't it? It could be a new class ship with a more Prommie look to it, hence prommie reborn....kind of :P.

I don't know if anyone has noticed this but look at this picture, to the left of the guy behind him is some kind of asgard console. Now the seat he's in appears to be the one from the bridge, so this could be the new ship that has an asgard console on the bridge.
http://bp1.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/...h/DSC01633.JPG

Herb
October 5th, 2007, 06:20 PM
I just got home from a day on the set of Stargate Atlantis. Once again I have to say that this will be another awesome SGA episode! I even managed to make my way on to the corridor of the Phoenix.

The absolute best part of the day was when I got to meet Joe Mallozzi and Carl Binder ( and due to my nervousness I cannot remember the name of the third gentleman I met...doh!). Joe took the time out of his day to come down to extras holding and say hello. It was awesome.

Ace
October 5th, 2007, 06:36 PM
I just got home from a day on the set of Stargate Atlantis. Once again I have to say that this will be another awesome SGA episode! I even managed to make my way on to the corridor of the Phoenix.

The absolute best part of the day was when I got to meet Joe Mallozzi and Carl Binder ( and due to my nervousness I cannot remember the name of the third gentleman I met...doh!). Joe took the time out of his day to come down to extras holding and say hello. It was awesome.

Awesome Herb... how did the rest of your day go? :) Any exciting scenes you get to be apart of?

Ace

Herb
October 5th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Awesome Herb... how did the rest of your day go? :) Any exciting scenes you get to be apart of?

Ace

As usual Ace, I have to be a bummer and not give away any Spoilers. I got to read most of the season Finale script and once again have to wait forever until it airs so I can see it with all the effects etc (as I did with Adrift). I will leave the when and where spoilers are released to the producers and writers...I do after all want to be asked back next season (I supremely hope there is a next season!). So far I can say that as season 4 progresses, the popularity of the show will increase. I am SOOOO looking forward to Be All My Sins...

Mitchell82
October 5th, 2007, 08:48 PM
The name seems to almost be a tell all, however it could be something no one has mentioned. What if it is an Ancient Warship, but imcomplete so we retrofit it with a 304 design and Asgard tech.

Ace
October 6th, 2007, 09:25 AM
As usual Ace, I have to be a bummer and not give away any Spoilers. I got to read most of the season Finale script and once again have to wait forever until it airs so I can see it with all the effects etc (as I did with Adrift). I will leave the when and where spoilers are released to the producers and writers...I do after all want to be asked back next season (I supremely hope there is a next season!). So far I can say that as season 4 progresses, the popularity of the show will increase. I am SOOOO looking forward to Be All My Sins...

Ohh... I wasn't asking for spoilers. Sorry if it came across that way, I was just asking how the shoot went. Was it fun? Did you happen to be in any exciting scenes we will see in the future?

Ace

Herb
October 6th, 2007, 10:56 AM
Ohh... I wasn't asking for spoilers. Sorry if it came across that way, I was just asking how the shoot went. Was it fun? Did you happen to be in any exciting scenes we will see in the future?

Ace

The shoot was a lot of fun. I was there for the final shot of the season. I got to meet Joe Mallozzi and Carl Binder. Martin Wood was the director. He is super cool. Joe F. was there and as usual was skating around on his longboard, Amanda was there, as was Jason (who is a lot taller in real life than I thought he would be). Lots of positive vibes in regards to a season 5.

SGFerrit
October 6th, 2007, 11:17 AM
Cool! I'm so jealous of you Herb!:D Hope you get asked back for season 5!

Do you think we will be impressed with The Phoenix? (That isn't really giving spoilers away is it?)

Herb
October 6th, 2007, 11:25 AM
Cool! I'm so jealous of you Herb!:D Hope you get asked back for season 5!

Do you think we will be impressed with The Phoenix? (That isn't really giving spoilers away is it?)

The Phoenix is awesome.

SGFerrit
October 6th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Cool:D

Ace
October 6th, 2007, 12:15 PM
The shoot was a lot of fun. I was there for the final shot of the season. I got to meet Joe Mallozzi and Carl Binder. Martin Wood was the director. He is super cool. Joe F. was there and as usual was skating around on his longboard, Amanda was there, as was Jason (who is a lot taller in real life than I thought he would be). Lots of positive vibes in regards to a season 5.

Awesome... the final shot of the season? I'll be sure to look for ya... ;) Sounds like it was a lot of fun... can't wait to see it all on film

Ace

WingedPegasus
October 6th, 2007, 07:08 PM

I could go for that. I'd love to see the ship they make with all the Asgard knowledge.

Xicer
October 7th, 2007, 03:45 PM
So I guess it's pretty much confirmed that the Pheonix is a new Earth ship...

Pics:
One of the crew on set (http://bp2.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rwlo1mtJeUI/AAAAAAAAFGs/IV0vt3OLbaI/s1600-h/DSC01616.JPG)
Some dude eating lunch on board...the Pheonix? (http://bp2.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RwlolmtJeTI/AAAAAAAAFGk/dqwjRqC8zuo/s1600-h/DSC01639.JPG)
Major Jean Forest, assigned to the...U.S.S. Feenicks? lol (http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RwloV2tJeRI/AAAAAAAAFGU/Vrdlw0F6rQ4/s1600-h/DSC01652.JPG)
More of the last day on set (http://bp1.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RwloOWtJeQI/AAAAAAAAFGM/gRJehkidk_U/s1600-h/DSC01657.JPG)
Inside the Pheonix??? (Is that a pic of the ship way in the back?) (http://bp0.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RwloFGtJePI/AAAAAAAAFGE/TE8McvTObjk/s1600-h/DSC01686.JPG)
Jason (http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rwln72tJeOI/AAAAAAAAFF8/_9i1Q3yq9Zs/s1600-h/DSC01670.JPG)

Video:
Joe skateboards into the sunset (http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee164/BaronDestructo/?action=view&current=Joeskateboardsintothesunset.flv)

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/10/october-7-2007.html

Ltcolshepjumper
October 7th, 2007, 03:53 PM
It's a new kind of ship... Look at the schematics at the back of the last Phoenix pic.

PG15
October 7th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Indeed, there seems to be a bulge at the top-back.

Interesting...

Xicer
October 7th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Yup and it looks much more compact as well.

Ltcolshepjumper
October 7th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Yup and it looks much more compact as well.

Yeah... Bridge looks smaller.

Mattathias2.0
October 7th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Looks like an altered Daedelus-class to me. I wonder what that Asgard cosole is for.

PG15
October 7th, 2007, 04:15 PM
Obvously, the Asgard console will be used to KICK SOME ASS!!!

Ltcolshepjumper
October 7th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Yeah. I think the Asgard console is their to replace the former object which occupied that space.
It's really no different than the Asgard panel which is on Daedalus. They just moved it to the bridge.
Most likely though, it will control the asgard weapons.

Wraith_Boy
October 7th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Looks like it has an Asgard terminal on the bridge!

If you look at the back pic on the display it looks like a diagram of the ship. Which if it is, then it looks like it could possibly be a new class. Obviously not too radical because for cost reasons they'd want the interior to be close to the other 304's like Apollo & Daedalus etc. However the exterior does look slightly different.

Btw...pic is posted on today's JM blog entry!

JM blog link (http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/)

Herb
October 7th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Looks like it has an Asgard terminal on the bridge!

If you look at the back pic on the display it looks like a diagram of the ship. Which if it is, then it looks like it could possibly be a new class. Obviously not too radical because for cost reasons they'd want the interior to be close to the other 304's like Apollo & Daedalus etc. However the exterior does look slightly different.

Btw...pic is posted on today's JM blog entry!

JM blog link (http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/)

I am the funny looking guy (Major Forest) with the U.S.S. FEENICKS sticker on. SOOO COOL! I am on Joe Mallozzi's blog. Seriously, from a fam perspective, this is the best thing since I moved down to Vancouver 4 months ago.

morrismike
October 7th, 2007, 05:28 PM
what's with the sand?

Heaven
October 7th, 2007, 08:25 PM
crap, it looks like a 304, I hate it :(:(:(:(

ohnd
October 7th, 2007, 10:14 PM
could be carters ship? that people are talking about?

Colonel Carter Commander of the Phoenix?

garhkal
October 8th, 2007, 01:47 AM
I looked at that pic but could not see you..

Elite Anubis Guard
October 8th, 2007, 03:55 AM
Awesomesauce. It's bound to be our first Asgard enhanced 304. The display on the back does look a little different however.

SGFerrit
October 8th, 2007, 11:02 AM
The best comparison we have so far:

The Daedalus:

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s2/202/linz/014415.jpg

The Phoenix and Daedalus(bottom):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/ShishouTaiyoukai/Stargate/newship.jpg

(Thanks to Maniac Mike and Kirmit)

Vala_M
October 8th, 2007, 11:50 AM
I don't think it will be a new class of ship, especially because Joeseph Mallozzi said that we won't be seeing any new kind of ships. I do hope it's some kind of future ship because I really don't like that Asgard console and the schematic screen behind everything, also, without the star map, the bridge doesn't look as cool.

Old McKay and a new ship, hopefully it's a time travel thing, but we don't know for sure yet.

However, it would fit the 1 ship per year timeline for construction if it's another new ship, but the console on the bridge isn't very attractive looking.

Vala,

Mattathias2.0
October 8th, 2007, 12:01 PM
Well, maybe the star map is now holographic, and integrated into the Asgard console?

Platschu
October 8th, 2007, 02:04 PM
http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RwloV2tJeRI/AAAAAAAAFGU/Vrdlw0F6rQ4/s1600-h/DSC01652.JPG

USS Feenicks = Phoenix? Can the whole ship be only a joke? :o

SGFerrit
October 8th, 2007, 02:07 PM
No, The badge is a joke, the ship is not. No need to worry:)

Ask the guy yourself!:D He is, afterall, a forumer here:)

Wraith_Boy
October 8th, 2007, 03:45 PM
what's with the sand?

Not sure I follow you!

The sand ain't gonna be inside the ships. Therefore with some tricky & complex deductions ;) I have came up with the fact that perhaps it's to do with a planet they visit that has sand on it's surface. Could be a long shot, perhaps it's about Asuras & how they build sandcastles for a passtime when not busy replicating themselves but I think it's safe to say it's a sandly planet which they visit. Just like we saw lots of sand in 'The Defiant One'.

The ep is over 40mins long, not all of it will be on situated Atlantis or Phoenix. Leaving time to do some scenes off-world on a 'sandy' planet! It'll probably end up being a Wraith planet or perhaps the Wraith home planet.

Wraith_Boy
October 8th, 2007, 04:01 PM
I don't think it will be a new class of ship, especially because Joeseph Mallozzi said that we won't be seeing any new kind of ships. I do hope it's some kind of future ship because I really don't like that Asgard console and the schematic screen behind everything, also, without the star map, the bridge doesn't look as cool.

Old McKay and a new ship, hopefully it's a time travel thing, but we don't know for sure yet.

However, it would fit the 1 ship per year timeline for construction if it's another new ship, but the console on the bridge isn't very attractive looking.

Vala,

He said that a few months ago when they hadn't even written the finale. So it's entirely possible that things have changed. It stands to reason that it has most the same interior as a regular 304 because then they'll needed to have built an entirely new ship bridge. Which considering S5 may oir may not happen, then I doubt they'd have risked spending large sums of money on changing everything around. So to save money, they most likely just used the existing set & modified it a little bit. That however doesn't necessarily means it's a 304 because they could really change the exterior via CGI. The Asgard tech on the bridge would actually make a lot more sense than human stuff simply because it's so more advanced. Why bother with having a map display, when you can have stuff that does it digitally, holograms etc.

McKay is old, so we all assume that it somehow involved time-travel because it's the most likely outcome.However there actually could be other outcomes such as McKay being fed upon in the ep. Even they do a themed episode that peers or shows us into the future. In which they are all old & McKay is perhaps the last one standing from the original expedition. It shows how they finally defeated the Wraith or Asurans etc after all that time.

Only bad thing about Phoenix is normally another ship has to go. Daedalus is only mentioned in one ep so far. After 'BAMSR', there is nothing regarding it again, while Apollo is mentioned. So hope Big D doesn't get chopped because it's the very first ever 304, had n Asgard permanently stationed aboard & has the coolest Earth ship captain we've seen yet!

Herb
October 8th, 2007, 06:09 PM
http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RwloV2tJeRI/AAAAAAAAFGU/Vrdlw0F6rQ4/s1600-h/DSC01652.JPG

USS Feenicks = Phoenix? Can the whole ship be only a joke? :o

What can I say, I was bored and had a creative moment. It was the last day of shooting for the season so I thought I would try to be entertaining.

2ndgenerationalteran
October 8th, 2007, 11:17 PM
that seems really cool, sadly we have many many months to wait.

Xicer
October 9th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Dunno if its from this ep, but considering its from the last day of production...

360 View of Village (http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee164/BaronDestructo/?action=view&current=360Village.flv)

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/10/october-9-2007.html