Unending, unfulfilled..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unending, unfulfilled..?

Did anyone else feel a little robbed as a watcher(and I know that actors have lives and the writers and what not cannot controll these things) that Jack and Sam didn't get to be together on that ship and be together in the end, like Vala and Daniel...? I mean, i'm not much of a "shipper", but still.... it seems like it should have been them that spent their eternity together...
    "A friend is someone who stabs you in the front."

Ilshah, host to A’aaruk-GateWorld RP

Well I'm not sure about a semi-real relationship between them, but I really thought Jack should have been in Unending. Even if for a few seconds.
    Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
    Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
    Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
    --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Well, that too. Even if nothing romantic happened between them it seems like they should have been able to spend their eternity together.
      "A friend is someone who stabs you in the front."

Ilshah, host to A’aaruk-GateWorld RP

Comment

I admit it, i would have liked to see Jack and Sam together in much the same way that Daniel and Vala were. But I still liked the epsiode and think it was a great ending to the series.

Comment

Originally posted by Okohme View Post
          Did anyone else feel a little robbed as a watcher(and I know that actors have lives and the writers and what not cannot controll these things) that Jack and Sam didn't get to be together on that ship and be together in the end, like Vala and Daniel...? I mean, i'm not much of a "shipper", but still.... it seems like it should have been them that spent their eternity together...
          If it makes you feel better, Bizzaro Jack and Bizzaro Sam lived out the rest of their lives together in Ancient Egypt at the end of "Moebius, Part 2."

Comment

Shipping aside--I feel the whole episode was lacking. Killing off the asgard to gain their technology was a lame plot device.

Sam spent 50 years on a ship with no one helping her...there was no real team interactions either.

Landry grew plants, Cam threw fits, Teal'c was a statue and while Sam gave up hope Daniel and Vala had their little fling.

Not even a mention of Jack, Hammond, or any of the past characters that made the series last more than 8 years.

IMO, Unending fell short on addressing any real issues, concerns and had absolutely no real direction. The ONLY time we saw the GATE was at the very end with Cam's lame speech on how gate travel was better than ship travel. Talk about not following their own advice.

Unending was such a memorable episode that I had decided it never happened and season 9 should have been the first season of Stargate Command...a tried but failed spin off of SG-1.
            Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Okohme View Post
              Actually, I felt entirely blessed that the episode didn't go there.
              It was the one good thing about it.

Mary the Badger
              "O'Neill is legendary."
              Mary the Badger
              "O'Neill is legendary." Loki
              "Fire all weapons... sink the ship!" MtB

Comment

Originally posted by marythebadger View Post
                Actually, I felt entirely blessed that the episode didn't go there.
                It was the one good thing about it.

Mary the Badger
                "O'Neill is legendary."
                Really? I would have at least liked to see Sam having a flashback to a memorable moment with Jack, I mean, we know she loved him.

Although I have my own little opinion that the cello scenes were meant to show her deep longing for him
                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Personally, "Unending", overall, left me very fulfilled. I thought that episode was a great way to end the show. That and, things aren't really over. We still have more SG-1 to look forward to. Just not on TV.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

It did also show the characters have grown and can keep growing. That changes happen, things don't stay static and that through it all, SG-1 never gives up, even if it takes 50 years.

Comment

I actually really liked Unending. I don't have the history with the show like many people on this board do, but I felt like it was a nice way to end the series. There were no major plot developments, but it was nice to see the focus be on the team. It's interesting because I know that people often complain about how character moments are sacrificed in order to move the story along, so it was nice to see a change in that practice.

Thank you to Stef for the banner

Comment

No

Comment

Originally posted by Teelie View Post
                          It did also show the characters have grown and can keep growing. That changes happen, things don't stay static and that through it all, SG-1 never gives up, even if it takes 50 years.
                          Nice post! I totally agree.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Unending was a stupid episode. They spent 50 years a nothing happened between Sam and Cam.
                            Stolen Kosovo
                            sigpic

Comment

There's no way to know that. We don't know what did or did not happen between them. It was 50 years condensed into essentially half an hour. No way to show even a fraction of what happened.

Comment

Working...
                              X