Earth's new Infantry weapon :Energy or Projectile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earth's new Infantry weapon :Energy or Projectile

SGC and SGA ,crew of BC-304 they both face advance enemy almost everytime they step out of the stargate or ship.
    Earth's projectile infantry weapon is fine, like P90 automatic machine gunwith an impressive rate of automatic firing.
    but they are facing some advance alien that can heal quickly or not affect by bullet.And what if when they run out of bullet during a mission.

Jaffa staff weapon can be use without replaceing the powersource for over a thousand yr, Ori staff weapon 's crystal powesoure is enough to cloak an entire village (which is equal to Earth's portable naquda reactor),even Asuran guard use some sort of Ancient style energy sidearm

Is it about time we armed the earth force with new and better infantry weapon.
    SGC and SGA already use alien energy weapon in many situation.

SGC ,SGA already use alien energy weapon,
    SGC and rogue NID (Trust) use Zat gun.
    Teal sometime still use staff weapon
    SGA soldier sometime use Wraith stunner
    Ronon still use his very powerful gun(can set on stunt or kill)
    SGC use Gou'ld Intar to train new recrew
    New Earth ARG (anti replicator Gun) are use on Asuran, and the only other weapon slighty affect them was Ronnon's gun.

Sam and Dr Lee already demonstrated a earth plasma cannon in a science conference.so Earth must have ability to produce at least energy base infantry weapon.

Should SGA or SGC equip their soldier with new energy infantry weapon or build more advance projectile weapon like a smaller verson of the railgun.Like that movie"Eraser" or advance projetile weapon in "Aliens" .
    Last edited by ckwongau; 05 August 2007, 08:24 PM.

well a machine gun is a perfect weapon for our guys as we seen its more acurite than a staff and more destructive, and using an energy weapon can ber disabled by emp like in the SGA episode childhoods end
    Last edited by Davesg-43; 05 August 2007, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Can you imagine the recoil on a hand held railgun? You would be shot backwards at around 5,000 feet per second if you accelerated a projectile up to mach 5 over 30 inches of barrel.

As for energy weapons, they aren't always the best idea. The replicators and the SGA episode Childhood's End are good examples of this.

Should the SGC work on energy weapons, sure. Should they become the primary weapon of SG teams from now on? No. I would love to see some reverse engineered Kull Warrior armor on SG teams. Or at least equipping them with Kull Warrior staff weapons (the wrist mounted, fast firing ones).

Comment

What about some sort of hybrid? Like a Zatnikitel that also fires a projectile within the beam, or a P90 with Zatnikitel to help the bullet? Or just put a bullet in a plasma shroud, you get the best of both worlds.
        When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
        Zatnikitelman

Comment

well those wrist plasma weapons can be stopped by a thin ceramic plate and to stop a 7.62x51 mm bulet you need heavy armor to stop the bullet and the wraith wear no armor the ori just have crapy leather and the jaffa just have some chain mail

Comment

Just give them decent assault rifles instead of the silly P90s, and let them use expanding bullets, since the Hague convention doesn't really cover aliens.
            If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
              Just give them decent assault rifles instead of the silly P90s, and let them use expanding bullets, since the Hague convention doesn't really cover aliens.
              Yeah, I would arm SG teams differently. But the P90 is a good weapon for close quarters combat and they do a fair amount of that. For ship board combat, building clearing, and any other combat that takes place within a relatively confined quarters its only problem is the lack of proper ammo (which could be gotten around by making good, non hard ball, rounds).

For exploration on a planet or in open areas I would have them use real assault weapons. And would deploy a few snipers with them as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Emperor Tippy View Post
                Yeah, I would arm SG teams differently. But the P90 is a good weapon for close quarters combat and they do a fair amount of that. For ship board combat, building clearing, and any other combat that takes place within a relatively confined quarters its only problem is the lack of proper ammo (which could be gotten around by making good, non hard ball, rounds).
                In that caliber, you can hardly compensate by expanding bullets. I think they should simply switch to subcompact carbines in 5.56. Israeli MTAR is only a couple of inches longer than a P90 and weights about the same, while packing a true assault rifle punch- and their magazines are compatible with the SAW. They would also be very easy for the Americans to obtain. Russian SR-3 (a.k.a. Vikhr) weights only 2kg empty and, with the butt folded, is only 360mm long, while the empty P90 weights 2.5 and has a length of 500mm (SR-3 also fires a near-ideal short-range cartridge with great lethality and penetration, but it's not STANAG-compatible so logistics would be an issue).

For exploration on a planet or in open areas I would have them use real assault weapons. And would deploy a few snipers with them as well.
                I assume you mean designated marksmen, not "real" snipers.
                If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

very advanced, futuristic looking guns, with incredible fire and armor penetration.

energy weapons makes them look more like all the other guys and not from earth.

Comment

Projectile Weapons for defense of boarded ships. You don't want energy weapons causing severe damage inside of a ship with an errant shot.

Energy weapons and Projectile weapons for Gate missions. Half the team has Energy, half has Projectile for the best of both worlds on Gate missions.
                    sigpic

Comment

You pretty much answered your own question, we have all these hand held energy weapons, we won't do much but change the exterior to the weapon so why mass produce them now when we already have an arsenal of these weapons which are probably more durable at our disposal? Our original (well earth made) energy weapons will come eventually but not now. Our ARGs seem to be made rather well though.

Originally posted by Zatnikitelman View Post
                      What about some sort of hybrid? Like a Zatnikitel that also fires a projectile within the beam, or a P90 with Zatnikitel to help the bullet? Or just put a bullet in a plasma shroud, you get the best of both worlds.
                      wouldnt the bullet just melt, clogging the gun or searing your hand? It would also require the weapon to have a magazine, and a zat you seem to use for the stun setting, if you want to kill some one just use your 9 mm side arm.
                      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

The P90 is a good weapon, but a new weapon would be very cool. It could be projectile weapon with some modern equipment on it(cameras like on the Corner-Shot. There would some explosives in the bullets. It could be a railgun with an antigravity device which would forbid the repercussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Army1990 View Post
                          The P90 is a good weapon, but a new weapon would be very cool. It could be projectile weapon with some modern equipment on it(cameras like on the Corner-Shot. There would some explosives in the bullets.
                          That one already exists- Czech-made SAG-39 semi-automatic grenade launcher.

Top it with an ITL Viper (Israeli-made electronic sight unit that calculates the grenade's precise point of impact with the push of a button), and make the grenades programmable so you could switch from impact detonation to airburst to time delayed detonation- and voila, the Ultimate Weapon of Doom.

Comment

I think we need to develop a energy rifle. Perhaps something that fires intar like shots but pure energy & more powerful so it doesn't run out of ammo. Something like the Kull Warrior weapon. Then perhaps a standard projectile rifle attached as a secondary weapon cause they've been useful before. Then keep the Zat as a side-arm cause it's useful to be able to stun your enemy.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

What I don't like about the P90 is it shoots 9mm and in my opion thats just slightly better than a 22.
                              All I want to see is a weapon with more kick.

Comment

Working...
                              X