This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ripper: Anthony Stewart Head

Ripper is in effect! Ripper is the long-discussed story of Giles (Anthony Stewart Head) pre-Buffy. Who knows whether or not this plot will stay the same, but Head is on board as is the BBC, which is planning to film the story as one 90 minute TV movie.

http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/07/28/co...-panel-report/
    Last edited by Starxgate; 31 July 2007, 09:53 AM. Reason: Ripper: Anthony Stewart Head

Well finally after all these years.

Comment

I can't wait. Shrieked very loudly when I found out. Love the comics, but nothing beats the Buffyverse on screen.
      Last edited by Trek_Girl42; 31 July 2007, 01:07 PM.

Comment

about time they made this

(and I want something with Illyria in it)

Comment

This is AWESOME!!!!!

I had put it into my head that the Buffyverse (on screen) was dead and that the only way it would live on is through comics and fanfiction! AWESOME!

Can't wait!

Comment

It's not actually getting made yet. Joss and the BBC are only in talks. Nothing is set in stone.

I'm hopeful though!
            I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Really looking forward to this!! Giles rules.
              Save Dr Carson Beckett!!

"I was sure I was gonna wake up dead this morning"

"Ah yes, let's race towards the gunfire"

"We're in another galaxy, how much more out can you get??"

"And you are Lord Mot, here to punish us for our insolence....etcetera, yada, et al."

Comment

this is going to be awesome, when they were saying about doing a spike movie i was a bit meh. but giles is a great character and the whole ripper thing set up in the series really left a lot of q's unanswered, and could have gone into more depth, unlike spike who had many of his own eps. so i'm looking forward to this.
                Spoiler:
                Disclaimer:
                I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                Quotes!
                - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                sigpic

Comment

Yipppeeeee!

Been waiting for this for ages. Sounds exciting. Its probably going to feature Ethan Rayne as well?
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Copter for the Sig and Avi!!!

Comment

When I saw this thread, I assumed that it was some ignorant Buffy fan who remembered talk of "Ripper" from years ago who was wondering why it hasn't been made yet.

Then I read Starxgate's post.

Then I followed the link.

Then I shrieked like a little girl and ran laps around the room in delight (well, almost ).

This is great news! Joss Whedon might not have had much luck in America in recent years (Angel cancelled, Firefly cancelled, Wonder Woman not even getting to the pre-production stage), but hopefully the BBC will give him (and Tony Head) the chance to shine. This should be good!

I just wonder how a "Ripper" TV movie might effect the Buffy season 8 comics.
                    Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

Two ways round possible Buffy S8 issues would be to either set it Pre-S8, either in the past pre-Buffy, or during the time that Giles was absent from Buffy, during most of S6 for example.

Of course they could write S8 to accommodate it.

Comment

Originally posted by cheese View Post
                        Two ways round possible Buffy S8 issues would be to either set it Pre-S8, either in the past pre-Buffy, or during the time that Giles was absent from Buffy, during most of S6 for example.

Of course they could write S8 to accommodate it.
                        i would assume it would be set pre season 1, but ASH is getting on a bit, dont know if he could pull off a younger version of himself.
                        Spoiler:
                        Disclaimer:
                        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                        Quotes!
                        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                          i would assume it would be set pre season 1, but ASH is getting on a bit, dont know if he could pull off a younger version of himself.
                          He really couldn't not when you consider how different he looks between S1 and 7 of Buffy.

So any idea how Angel stopped the apocalypse then?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Presumably all will be revealled in the Comic S6 of Angel.

Or read the novel Queen of the Slayers. It's terrible. And has been completely contradicted by the S8 comics.

Comment

YAY! I wonder why they havent done buffyverse TV since, its just so amazing, cnat wait for this and gile was my favourate character for the whole series, i loved it when he came back and shut dark willow down for 5seconds lol. This is great, maybe this will reinspire the buffyverse, hopefully S8 will get made, id love that.
                              sigpic
                              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                              Stargate : Genesis |
                              Original Starship DesignThread
                              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                              11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                              X