X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Forgotten Weapon

Whatever happened to the weapon that Sams dad introduced that
    allowed sg1 to see the invisible monsters.

Black Tuxedo Blood Wolf

It gets used every time they run into invisible monsters.

<_<

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Wolf View Post
      Whatever happened to the weapon that Sams dad introduced that
      allowed sg1 to see the invisible monsters.
      Those monsters have a name, they are called Re'tu.

Comment

The TERs? I beleive they are only useful on things that are invisible. I dont think they would show things out of phase as their name describes because we would have seen Carter, Mitchel and Daniel when they were out of phase in Arthurs Mantle.

They did use them slightly in evolution where they mounted the kull disruptor on.
        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
          The TERs? I beleive they are only useful on things that are invisible. I dont think they would show things out of phase as their name describes because we would have seen Carter, Mitchel and Daniel when they were out of phase in Arthurs Mantle.

They did use them slightly in evolution where they mounted the kull disruptor on.
          yeah, I always wondered why they were mounted on a TER...At first I thought maybe because the waves it used could be piggybacked on the TER's original waves, but then they got mounted on the P-90s, so now I don't know what to think...maybe because that was the Tok'ra's only handheld gun besides a zat?
          Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
          Check out my Flickr

Comment

To think about it i have never seen a Tokra hold a staff weapon before.

Comment

The TER prop was also modded slightly and used as Aris Bok's weapon way back in the day.
              I think the TER prop has just become the generic weapon when one is needed.

For a canon explanation, you could say that as it is a highly adaptable weapon that can be used as a testbed for any new weapons technologies that are developed.

And on the note of the Kull Disruptor chip on the P90s, that always annoyed me as its hard to believe that a little chip mounted on the top of the weapon could make it shoot energy bursts/bullets imparted with energy.
              Same with the Ihntars. They have bullets but only shoot energy. Or is the bullet we saw the casing which is left behind and the energy is somehow released from the casing when it is fired?

Comment

I was under the impression that pulling the trigger caused that little device that they attached to the side to fire a shot rather than a regular bullet coming out.

Comment

I was under the impression that pulling the trigger caused that little device that they attached to the side to fire a shot rather than a regular bullet coming out.
                  I might be wrong but IIRC the energy pulse always came from the barrel of the P90.
                  And if something that small can be an energy weapon (even one that only works on Kull Warriors), then why is it that our only energy weapon (see 'Bounty') is bigger than a Death Glider cannon?
                  If the device was emitting the energy, I can`t see what is in a P90 that it could be dependent on. Therefore it should be useable as a ring weapon if you just add a trigger. It seems to me that they needed a new energy weapon to fight the Kulls but didn't have the $$$ to build a completely new weapon prop so they just made this little module and slapped it in a random place on the P90.

Comment

It's possible we do see them hold staves, in the Tok'ra two parter.
                    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                      It's possible we do see them hold staves, in the Tok'ra two parter.
                      yep. quite a few of them have staffs then. Obviously though they prefer zats.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k1 View Post
                        The TER prop was also modded slightly and used as Aris Bok's weapon way back in the day.
                        I think the TER prop has just become the generic weapon when one is needed.

For a canon explanation, you could say that as it is a highly adaptable weapon that can be used as a testbed for any new weapons technologies that are developed.

And on the note of the Kull Disruptor chip on the P90s, that always annoyed me as its hard to believe that a little chip mounted on the top of the weapon could make it shoot energy bursts/bullets imparted with energy.
                        Same with the Ihntars. They have bullets but only shoot energy. Or is the bullet we saw the casing which is left behind and the energy is somehow released from the casing when it is fired?
                        Never noticed taht, but perhaps it does more than fit onto the P90, since there is some room in the P90's stock that might be where the rest is and this is just a clickon battery or something that couldn't fit inside.

Originally posted by talyn2k1 View Post
                        I might be wrong but IIRC the energy pulse always came from the barrel of the P90.
                        And if something that small can be an energy weapon (even one that only works on Kull Warriors), then why is it that our only energy weapon (see 'Bounty') is bigger than a Death Glider cannon?
                        If the device was emitting the energy, I can`t see what is in a P90 that it could be dependent on. Therefore it should be useable as a ring weapon if you just add a trigger. It seems to me that they needed a new energy weapon to fight the Kulls but didn't have the $$$ to build a completely new weapon prop so they just made this little module and slapped it in a random place on the P90.
                        The ARW's are very small, and probably only that size so it's easy to hold them.

The weapon isn't an energy weapon , but a desintigrator like the antireplicator weapon. It most likely sends out a weak, but very specific energy wave.

Comment

In the tok'ra parts 1 and 2, we saw many of them holding staff weapons on the team, and again in sam's vision of defending the tunnles..

Comment

Oh, i guess i forgot about those.

Comment

the tokra were a secretive race and them carying staff weapons would of made them somehow more suspicous to system lords and goualds, zats were small and could be well hidden when on tokra missions
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X