This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did Alantis get two ships?

Sg-1 could have really used another ship for fighting the Ori. It was obviously more important than Alantis because the Ori were in their own galaxy. Atlantis has already given SG-1 the locations of the planets they need, so why didn't they focus on the immediate, more important danger?
    - this'll teach you to take my job!

Originally posted by m-16 a2 View Post
    Sg-1 could have really used another ship for fighting the Ori. It was obviously more important than Alantis because the Ori were in their own galaxy. Atlantis has already given SG-1 the locations of the planets they need, so why didn't they focus on the immediate, more important danger?
    Because the The Apollo was the only ship capable of carrying the weapon and the Reps. had a fleet of ships that would attacked earth unlike the Ori who were not going to attack earth because of the Antarctic Outpost and right now the Ori are trying to convert people like Daniel told SG-1.

Comment

Having deliveries made twice as frequent is nice have.
      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

true-it also means that the Wraith have twice the annoyance

Is the Apollo permanently based in Atlantis or is it floating between Series
        Last edited by Jyral Nadreth; 29 July 2007, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Earth may also have another ship we haven't yet seen.

2 for Atlantis, 2 for MW.

Atlantis is dealing with the Replicators and the Wraith.

Earth is only dealing with the Ori. I calculated that the Ori have once again 4 ships left in the MW. With the latest Asgard stuff 4 Ori ships are not longer a massive and unstoppable threat.

Until the Ori send in their fleets of ships. So 3 or 4 earth ships will make no difference in such a battle anyway.

Atlantis: 50 Hives, countless cruisers, once the Replicators come in they will probably start off with a 12+ ships (they could build 100s in a year if left undisturbed).

Comment

Originally posted by m-16 a2 View Post
            As seen in 'Camelot', what exactly could a regular 304 hope to accomplish against an Ori ship. They could have had a hundred of the things & still wouldn't be able to do nothing against them.

Whereas in Pegasus. The Asurans who have all the Lantean knowledge were building a fleet of ships 20/30+ of Ancient warships. These ships were going to be used to attack Earth very soon. Who would actually be able to prevent them, the Ori with their minimal ship numbers couldn't even have defeated them. We know from 'TRNT' that Drones can be effective against Ori ships. Imagine 20/30+ of these uber ships with probable ZPM's boosting their shields & any energy weapons that they may have.

Nobody could have fought off that number of ships when they were launched, therefore the only solution was to take them out before they could be fully constructed.

In short:

1) The impending Asuran attack was much more immediate being they were preparing to launch a whole fleet of warships the moment their ships were finished. They had nothing regarding the Ori attacking anywhere near as soon. Therefore Asurans were rightly placed higher up on the threat level.

2) Also the fact that a standard 304 would have done nothing against an Ori ship in battle. Nor could it take on an Ancient warship, BUT it could take out an Ancient warship that was still being constructed because it's shields wouldn't be operational at the time of the attack. You senbt in Apollo to hopelessly fight an Ori ship & it would be destroyed in the space of 3 direct hits. A complete waste of materials, manpower & resources.

3) Lastly SG-1 was finished at that point in time. If they gace Apollo to help in the MW, no fans would have ever got to see it apart from in 'The Art of Truth'. In any future movies, SG-1 would be the main focus, as well as Odyssey still being around. So the gate has always been used more extensively for them than ships. I just couldn;t see them giving proper screen time to the main teams exploits as well as crews of Odyssey & Apollo.

Whereas Atlantis was renewed, at the time MP (Col.Caldwell) was on another show as well. So they probably didn't want to kill him off because he's such a good actor & character. That meant he may not have been available as much as they would have liked for future eps. Thus they brought in a new ship, cast & crew to alleviate any problems that may have been casued by scheduling conflicts if his show had been a success. They had no foresight that the show was gonna bomb. So what hapopens if thewy wanted Daedalus, Caldwell to start in 2/3/4/5 eps back to back but MP wasn't available because he was on the other show.

More importantly that that, Apollo makes more sense to be in Atlantis because it's the only show that is still on the air every week. Therefore they can utilize it much more often in their stories, as well as the fans getting to see it more regularly on their screens.

That's why Apollo was used in Atlantis instead of SG-1!

Comment

It could be that First Stike actually takes place after the SG-1 movies (AoT at least), by which time the Ori have been defeated.
              Season 4 is set after the movies, and as Adrift is a direct continuation from FS, it's possible that that episode is also post-Ori.

Comment

I think SGA gets two ships cuz they keep blowing 'em up in the Milky Way. Only way to keep 'em safe!

Comment

how could another ship possibly be useful against the Ori?
                  we knew since Camelot that our ships can't even budge them.

Comment

I would always prefer more Ships in Atlantis
                    As i always think of SGA as more of a Ship show with Stargates
                    Where as SG-1 is and should be a Stargate show with ships!

Also You are more liky to survive as captain on a ship in SGA than SG1 lol

But The Ori may be a threat but the wrath are an equal threat! The Ori are slow and come in small fleets. wE ARE ALSO PROTECTED BY THE ANCIENTS FROM THE ACUTAL oRI! (ARRGH dam caps lock!)
                    While the Wrath and Replicators come in force and never ending waves! They are also just as powerful and advanced!
                    Also I would say stopping them from joining the Ori in the MW would be better than having All 3 on your doorstep!
                    sigpic
                    Banner Made By Me for Me
                    The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

More ships = more ships searching for Lantean Warships which then = Wraith whooping competition

Comment

Whereas in Pegasus. The Asurans who have all the Lantean knowledge were building a fleet of ships 20/30+ of Ancient warships. These ships were going to be used to attack Earth very soon. Who would actually be able to prevent them, the Ori with their minimal ship numbers couldn't even have defeated them. We know from 'TRNT' that Drones can be effective against Ori ships. Imagine 20/30+ of these uber ships with probable ZPM's boosting their shields & any energy weapons that they may have.

well here's a thought, why not try to sneak in and grab the dang zpm's before the ships are fully completed and then blow them up. (more power for the tauri ships which would help the battle with the ori, the wraith, and the replicators) but then again you are dealing with the replicators.
                        and im guessing about this is that since atlantis is in the Pegasus galaxy, without having power all the time needs more ships to ferry supplys back and forth including personal

Comment

I wonder what the Asurans would do if they met the Ori????? I wonder if the Ancients added secondary programming to engage the Ori after they plagued them out of the Milky Way-or they may see the Ori as the same race as the Ancients and try to eradicate them!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scififreak View Post
                            well here's a thought, why not try to sneak in and grab the dang zpm's before the ships are fully completed and then blow them up. (more power for the tauri ships which would help the battle with the ori, the wraith, and the replicators) but then again you are dealing with the replicators.
                            and im guessing about this is that since atlantis is in the Pegasus galaxy, without having power all the time needs more ships to ferry supplys back and forth including personal
                            Because it would require beaming into hostile territory, with ARWs which may stop working in a few shots that would be better used in a planet wide attack rather than a ZPM swiping op.

Originally posted by Jyral Nadreth View Post
                            I wonder what the Asurans would do if they met the Ori????? I wonder if the Ancients added secondary programming to engage the Ori after they plagued them out of the Milky Way-or they may see the Ori as the same race as the Ancients and try to eradicate them!!!!!!
                            Well seeing that they didn't program the nanites to leave humans alone, the Asurans probably would engage the Ori, if they are attacked then i believe they would definitely attack.
                            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Working...
                            X