This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha'taks

Does anyone else find it strange that the pyramids in Ha'taks have triangular bases when they're supposed to be landing on 'square' pyramids? This has probably been discussed before so mods feel free to delete it if it has...

I never thought of that. It is wierd
    But the strangest thing I find is the size of the Hall-ways they are huge.
    What a giantic waste of space and materials.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
      I never thought of that. It is wierd
      But the strangest thing I find is the size of the Hall-ways they are huge.
      What a giantic waste of space and materials.
      I don't think it's waste, these ships are supposed to carry thousands, so obviously they need bigger hallways.
      I really hate our skinny little ships, they can barely handle a few hundred and they're REALLY REALLY ugly.

Comment

But why so tall hallways?

Comment

because they need more air?

Comment

Well it may be an aesthetic thing. I mean Ha'tak have been known to be able to land on flat-land. Besides, do we even know what the underside of a Ha'tak looks like? It may have the correct formation on its underside to land on a 4-sided pyramid.
            You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

I noticed that too, and the funny thing is that the Ha'taks change. Sometimes I will see one with a square base, and then others with a triangular one. I think it is just a plot hole, that they miss from time to time.

: Green is Good.
              sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cap116 View Post
                I noticed that too, and the funny thing is that the Ha'taks change. Sometimes I will see one with a square base, and then others with a triangular one. I think it is just a plot hole, that they miss from time to time.
                No it's not, there are just different types of Ha'taks. They even talk about it on the show. Come S9+, they are mostly of Anubis' Ancient mod-ed design, I guess most of the older ones were destroyed by the Replicators or decommissioned.

I agree with Battera, the underside could change shape based on where they're landing.
                sigpic
                "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                ~David Hewlett

Comment

I wonder if Anubis's huge flag ship could land.
                  And in the episode where we first see a Asgard vessal what were they building those pyramids out of.

Comment

I have a theory-Square bases could be for an older Goa'uld vessel that has been de-commisioned in favour for the Ha'Tak

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                      Does anyone else find it strange that the pyramids in Ha'taks have triangular bases when they're supposed to be landing on 'square' pyramids? This has probably been discussed before so mods feel free to delete it if it has...
                      Several times ihave wondered that myself, but perhaps only the 'flagships' which are square from what we have seen were ment to land.

Comment

I didnt notice that the base of the Hatak are triangular, but possibly the ship is massive enough that it maybe triangular but the actual docking part is square.
                        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
                          I didnt notice that the base of the Hatak are triangular, but possibly the ship is massive enough that it maybe triangular but the actual docking part is square.
                          You've given me an idea. What if the huge size of the halls is so they can collapse and reformat themselves to the proper shape, maybe triangular for land as more surface area would be in contact with the ground, and square for the pyramids.

Actually I think all Ha'taks have the square base and that it's just the angle you're looking at it that makes it seem triangular, but I'll definately be on the look out.
                          When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                          Zatnikitelman

Comment

Originally posted by Battera View Post
                            Well it may be an aesthetic thing. I mean Ha'tak have been known to be able to land on flat-land. Besides, do we even know what the underside of a Ha'tak looks like? It may have the correct formation on its underside to land on a 4-sided pyramid.
                            The main body of a Ha'tak is a tetrahedron. A pyramid, like those found in Egypt, are what's known as a 'square pyramid'.

It won't fit.

Originally posted by Cap116
                            I noticed that too, and the funny thing is that the Ha'taks change. Sometimes I will see one with a square base, and then others with a triangular one.
                            Ha'taks have never had a square base. If you can cite an episode where a Ha'tak had a square base, I'll eat my words.

Originally posted by Cap116
                            I think it is just a plot hole, that they miss from time to time.
                            It is a plot hole.

Originally posted by Ripple in Space
                            No it's not, there are just different types of Ha'taks.
                            The Ha'taks have been tetrahedrons since season 1.

They even talk about it on the show.
                            Cite your references.

I agree with Battera, the underside could change shape based on where they're landing.
                            Change shape? There is no evidence to support it.

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball
                            I wonder if Anubis's huge flag ship could land.
                            Doubt it.

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball
                            And in the episode where we first see a Asgard vessal what were they building those pyramids out of.
                            Stone. They were supposed to be landing platforms, but they were square pyramids, which means the visual effects guys screwed up.

Originally posted by Jyral Nadreth
                            I have a theory-Square bases could be for an older Goa'uld vessel that has been de-commisioned in favour for the Ha'Tak
                            You have a good hypothesis, not a theory.

Ra's ship in the movie was a square pyramid, which was roughly the size of the great pyramid in Egypt.
                            Once the series got going, they invented the Ha'tak and it has been a tetrahedron since that time.

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran
                            The Ha'tak is about 3 times as large as the great pyramid in Egypt. While it would fit on top of the great pyramid, it wouldn't be stable at all, and would teeter-totter, probably causing loads of damage to the superstructure.

Yes, we have seen a Ha'tak land on a square pyramid (I think Cronus was driving), but fans aren't suppose to notice that it's a tetrahedron 3 times larger than the square pyramid it's landing on (but looking the same size in the shot).
                            Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin View Post
                              Cite your references.
                              Have you actually seen Stargate SG-1? It's the show with that guy from MacGyver....

As for our references, well we see Apophis & Klorel using one model of Ha'tak in the S1 Finale/S2 Opener Arc. Completely different models are used by Heru'ur five episodes later in "Thor's Chariot."
                              sigpic
                              "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                              ~David Hewlett

Comment

Working...
                              X