This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Ancient Starships

In the episode first showing the Asurans, we were shown the Ancients bombing the Asuran world with a lot of ships. The ships used were not Aurora class (Although a couple may have been there) as they had a different engine setup and they did not have the side pod the Aurora had. I personally would call it a frigate with a few 200 yield energy weapons, a few drone launchers and a 60,000 SBD shield system. I believe that it could in numbers of 3-4 it could beat up a Hive ship. I think its a frigate/destroyer compared to the Aurora battleship. It also has a less prominent tower structure at the back compared to Aurora. What do the forums think about this ship???????

could you explain your numbers and accronyms?
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Here is a sytem that I think might work for Stargate. I'll use the Ha'Tak as a reference ship. SBD stands for Shield Barrier Depth but I use it for strengh as well

Name:Ha'Tak
      Weapons:60 Staff Cannons -Yield:60 -Tech Level:1
      Shields: 6000 SBD -Tech Level:1
      Hyperdrive Speed: 32,000 -Tech Level:1
      Overall Tech Level:1

And now a BC-304 Pre-Refit

Name:BC-304
      Weapons: 32 Railguns -Yield:1 -Tech Level: 1
      16 VLS -Yield:100 -Tech Level:1
      Shields: 18,000 - Tech Level: 2
      Hyperdrive Speed: 57,631,578 - Tech Level: 3

To explain this I gave each weapon a Yield and a tech level. The yields is damage per shot as usual. The tech level is how advanced the weapon or shield or whatever is.For example a Tech Level 3 weapon will cut straight through level 1 shields, vice versa Level 1 weapons won't scratch level 3 shields. The Goa'uld are mainly level 1, Asgard(And post Asgard Legacy Tau'ri) are level 2 and the Ancients and Ori are Level 3's

The Asgard have level 3 hyperdrives (The Tau'ris are only just level 3's as are the Intergalactic Ancient drives) but level 2 weapons and shields. This system is very useful at explaining the advanced Ha'tak as her weapons and shields are level 2's hence why Thors Beliskner was outmatched by 2 Advanced Ha'Taks(1 could have matched it but Osiris wanted a kill for sure so 1 more Ha'Tak)

SHIELD STRENGH

Aurora class has 160,000-200,000 SBD shields(Probably 160,000)
      Ori Mothership around 120,000 SBD
      Oneill+BC 304(AL Refit)+Anubis Uber Ha'Tak 60,000 SBD
      Daniel Jackson Class 20,000 SBD
      Beliskner 8,000-16,000 SBD
      BC 304 Pre Refit+Apophis Uber Ha'Tak 18,000 SBD
      BC 303+Anubis Ha'tak Refit 8,000 SBD
      Ha'Tak 6000 SBD
      Al'Kesh 200 SBD
      Tel,Tak 100 SBD

When I compare to Trek I Use DITLS terrajoule so add three zero's for conversion so a Galaxy class would have 2.7 million terrajoules or 2700 SBD. I may have a theory about stargate weapons, I think that each weapon has a primary and a secondary effect eg the asgard beam weapons when they hit the Ori Motherships hull after the shields were taken out were much weaker than the Ori cannons but it clobbered the Shields. This could be that the primary effect was the power but the secondary effect caused a major fluctuation in the enemys shields causing them to de-stablise. You know when Oddessy was in the big battle and it lost engines but its shields were still up the Main Ori cannon could have had a secondary effect as well.For my approximations of shield strengh I would have to add technology levels as well because 1 Ha'Tak would not be a match for 1 Beliskner even though ther are 6,000-8,000. To finish my speech I believe the Aurora is a very strong ship but is flawed with an ammunition dependent weapon system.Compared to Trek the Aurora could take on 3-5 Borg Cubes and in Wars 50-100 ISD's or 1 SSD. The SSD is 19KM long and has 2000 cannons. My next post I'll show my weapons strengh's

WEAPONS STRENGH

Ancient/Asuran beam weapons 8,000-10,000
      Ori Main Cannon 6,000
      Asgard Beam Weapons 1,200
      Asgard Ion Cannons 400-600
      Ancient,Ori,Wraith,Asuran secondary cannons 200
      Apophis Uber Ha'Tak Cannons 180
      Anubis Ha'Tak cannons 80
      Ha'Tak cannons 60
      Wraith dart cannon/Ori fighter cannon 20
      Death Glider cannon/Al'kesh cannon 6
      Railguns 1
      CIWS 0

The Drones I have no Idea
      Last edited by Jyral Nadreth; 27 July 2007, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Your numbers are very iffy, what is shown on screen does not support your numbers.

From what we seen on screen: Ori particle cannon was more powerful than the Asuran one.

If the Asuran weapon was as powerful as you say, the Apollo would be dead in the water, no life support and unable to fire anything. Which is almost what happened to both earth ships when fired by 1 shot from the Ori weapon:
        The episode was called Flesh and Blood.

Secondly, there is no indication that the 6 Eyes increased Annubis ship shield strength (it has the regular ship shield strength of a super mother ship). Thus it is very unlikely to be as powerful as the Odyssey's shields.

Auroras are very powerful, but not that powerful. Minus a ZPM, from what we seen so far, it is very doubtful they have the most powerful shields and weapons both. Shield strength: Color scheme, plus the encounter at No Mans Land.

From what seen on screen: Either Ori or Odyssey's shields are the most powerful

If the Aurora's are that powerful, there is no way the season 4 attack can occur against a fleet of Aurora's and have any hope of success. With that kind of power, 1 Aurora can easily take out a 10 Hives at once. Now imagine if it had a ZPM (likely since the Asurans have unlimited number of them). One Aurora would be able to destroy BOTH the Daedalus and the Apollo even if both ships were given all the Asgard tech. This is highly unlikely.

You can probably expect the Daedalus or the Apollo to be more than a match for 1 Aurora, possibly a match for 2. Otherwise the battle would be over in a couple of seconds, since the Replicators ships are obviously going to out number the 7 Hives and 2 Earth ships.

I think the Wraith ion cannons are probably as powerful as the Asgard ones, but that is arguable. If they were that weak, why do they deplete Daedalus shields pretty fast, or the Orion's even faster? How did they ever win against the Ancients, even with far superior numbers if their weapons were that weak?

Main railguns of the battlecruisers have to be more powerful than Wraith dart fire or Ori fighter fire.

"Ancient/Asuran beam weapons 8,000-10,000
        Ori Main Cannon 6,000
        Asgard Beam Weapons 1,200
        Asgard Ion Cannons 400-600
        Ancient,Ori,Wraith,Asuran secondary cannons 200
        Apophis Uber Ha'Tak Cannons 180
        Anubis Ha'Tak cannons 80
        Ha'Tak cannons 60
        Wraith dart cannon/Ori fighter cannon 20
        Death Glider cannon/Al'kesh cannon 6
        Railguns 1"
        Last edited by JSPuddlejumper; 28 July 2007, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Heres one (far left)

Heres another (far right) ((notice the different engine layout than aurora class))

And the last one (notice the wings)

this is the normal aurora/orion
          Spoiler:

Visit my Website

Comment

Orion shields where awesome they didnt even get dented

And the orions hull was the strongest hull we have ever seen in the history of stargate

Comment

To follow the derailling of the thread, lol, based on what we've seen, the Aurora Hull was by far the strongest, any Lantean/Alteran shields are in a whole different stratosphere than even Asgard shields, and drones are the strongest weapons.

Weapons
              Drones- 10
              Beam Weapons (Alteran/Lantean/Asuran, Ori, Asgard/Tau'ri)- 7
              Plasma Weapons 2.0 (Anubis, Asgard)- 5
              Ion Cannons- 4
              Multiple Nuclear Missiles- 4
              Plasma Weapons 1.0 (Wraith, Goa'uld, etc.)- 3
              Single Nuclear Missile- 2
              Rail Guns- 1

Shields
              Lantean/Ancient/Asuran- 10
              Ori, Asgard/Tau'ri- 7
              Anubis- 6
              Goa'uld- 3

Back on track, tptb confirmed other Lantean Warships this season.
              sigpic
              "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
              ~David Hewlett

Comment

That is roughly what I rated them as having except I went into more detail

The Ancient energy beam weapon I was rating was the Lagrean point satalite rather than the shoot through the gate weapon-the railguns were so low because it was energy yield rather than ballistic damage

To explain Anubis's Super Hataks shields I would use the Tech levels again as his ship still had level 1 while Oddessy had level 2 meaning they were a lot more advanced and could take more primative weapons fire

For the Wraith guns I only put down the cruisers guns not the Hive ships cuz I have no clue. In any case take my stats with a pinch of salt
                Last edited by Jyral Nadreth; 28 July 2007, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jyral Nadreth View Post
                  In the episode first showing the Asurans, we were shown the Ancients bombing the Asuran world with a lot of ships. The ships used were not Aurora class (Although a couple may have been there) as they had a different engine setup and they did not have the side pod the Aurora had. I personally would call it a frigate with a few 200 yield energy weapons, a few drone launchers and a 60,000 SBD shield system. I believe that it could in numbers of 3-4 it could beat up a Hive ship. I think its a frigate/destroyer compared to the Aurora battleship. It also has a less prominent tower structure at the back compared to Aurora. What do the forums think about this ship???????

So... the ships total screen time in the entire show is about half a second, and it has NEVER been verbally mentioned whatsoever, but you were able to tell us exactly how powerful its weapons are, and what it's shields were capable of. You even told us that 3 or 4 of them could take down a Hive ship. Are you omnipotent or do you just make things up to try to sound smart?
                  www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

I just go with what feels right to me. These are not precise energy calculations. I just look at a ship, see what it can do and just rate it, argue all you want, I up for sum constructive arguements-hell I could be way off for all I know.To be honest Stargate is so screwed up for accuracy of ships that all we can say is what is stronger than sumthing else without any details. Rate differently if you want just don't cum across as insulting as I'm not telling people their all wrong

Comment

I'm not trying to be insulting it just really made me laugh to see you "rate" a ship that we can't even see all of. We see like a couple of its engines for half a second and you just kind of took that and said exactly what it's capabilities are. Just seems silly to me.
                      www.theamericanright.com

Comment

Well it works for me anyway-the only way any ratings would be accurate would be to have the ship-then I would'nt bother-I'd just leave Earth

For the engines Iknow the Ha'taks and the Tel'taks for sure cuz as Teal'c said the Ha'tak could do 10xC in the finale of season1 and the Tel'tak 2xC in deadmans switch then as we later know the Ha'tak had a speed of 32,000xC then the Tel'tak can do 6400xC-this I know for sure

Comment

Thats not true... we have had plenty of discussions on this board about the different ships and their strengths, but we have to go with the information we are given by the show, we don' tjust make things up.
                          www.theamericanright.com

Comment

Working...
                          X