X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spaceballs: The Animated Series

http://www.g4tv.com/spaceballs/index.html

MGM TV has commissioned an animated series based on Mel Brooks' 1987 "Spaceballs" movie and sold exclusive rights in the U.S. to Comcast's G4 cable network.
    Encompassing a one-hour pilot and 13 half-hour episodes, project represents the first scripted series greenlit by the new TV division at MGM, led by Jim Packer, president of the worldwide TV distribution group. Series kicks off on G4 in fall 2007.

Although the movie grossed only $38.1 million in U.S. multiplexes, Packer said "Spaceballs" has become "a successful franchise for our library" through sale in video and DVD and to cable and pay TV nets.

Brooks and Thomas Meehan, who co-wrote the movie with Ronnie Graham, have penned the one-hour pilot, and Meehan will supervise the writing of the 13 half-hours. Brooks will do two of the voices, President Skroob and Yogurt.

Germany's Berliner Film Companie will provide the animation.

Packer said he expects brisk international sales of the show at next month's Mipcom festival in Cannes.

G4, which has 59 million subscribers, will become involved in the making of "Spaceballs," which is a joint production of MGM Studios, Brooksfilms Ltd. and Berliner.

Last edited by Starxgate; 26 July 2007, 04:32 PM.

Actually, I really look forward to this. It might turn out to be good stuff.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I recently saw the original film for the 3rd/4th time....gotta say, I'm really looking forward to seeing the animated series! Thanks for the heads up on it

Spoiler:
      MULTI-SHIPPER, AND PROUD

My command is this: Love each other as
      I have loved you. Greater love has no man than
      this, that he lay down his life for his friends.
      - John 15:12,13

Comment

i hope this is good and i hope the pilot os dedicated to john candy, RIP, because he was a legend and deserves it. i wonder if the original voices will be used for any of the characters or just soundalikes?
        Spoiler:
        Disclaimer:
        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
        Quotes!
        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
          i hope this is good and i hope the pilot os dedicated to john candy, RIP, because he was a legend and deserves it. i wonder if the original voices will be used for any of the characters or just soundalikes?
          Same here, I really hope they do that. John Candy was such a great actor, loved his films. Him and Chris Farley (I believe his name was).

I read last night that supposedly the chick playing Princess Vesper will be voicing her character, and Mel Brooks will be voicing his two, that he played in the movie. So fingers crossed on the others Especially Rick Moranis!

Spoiler:
          MULTI-SHIPPER, AND PROUD

My command is this: Love each other as
          I have loved you. Greater love has no man than
          this, that he lay down his life for his friends.
          - John 15:12,13

Comment

that would be daphne zuniga, and i hope bill pullman does his voice too.
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
              that would be daphne zuniga, and i hope bill pullman does his voice too.
              We can only hope. It would be great to get them all back.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
              X