X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1 - TV Guide Online: Farscape Stars Keeping Busy

From TV Guide Online:

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-en...wder/800019392

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

TV Guide News Report

Farscape Stars Browder and Black Keeping Busy

Whether or not Farscape stars Ben Browder and Claudia Black reprise their roles on the upcoming Scifi.com webisodes, the actors have plenty of other projects to keep them busy.

**snippage**

...The actor/writer and his writing partner, Farscape’s Andrew Prowse, have also sold a movie script, Black Mountain, to MGM. In the flick, Browder will get his action hero on, playing a investigator trying to solve horrific murders in a small town. We hear shooting could start this fall.

As for Black, she had to bow out of a role on the new NBC cop drama Life, in which she would have played star Damian Lewis’ former wife, because of a scheduling conflict. The Australian actress is due to give birth to her second baby in November. Life producer Rand Ravich says he hopes to find a role for her in the show later in the season. If Life has a long one, that is.

— Reporting by Ileane Rudolph

<><><><><><>

Also, according to Slice of SciFi:

UPDATE: TV Guide just learned that Browder has talked with Henson about appearing in the webisodes. Browder’s spokesperson says, “there’s nothing concrete,” but, if asked “Ben will absolutely try to make time. Ben has always been in love with the character John Crichton and the Farscape series.”

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

What absolutely wonderful news for both Ben and Claudia!

Congratulations go out to both.

While I am disappointed CB will not be in 'Life' as originally planned, I know many more opportunities will come her way after her new arrival is born.

I guess this might be the reason why CB is unable to make it to Comic Con this weekend for the Ark of Truth panel. And a very good reason it is.

And Ben's new project looks fascinating. He certainly is keeping busy and I am looking forward to seeing both of his new projects.

Thanks for posting this, Morjana.

Comment

Originally posted by Melora View Post
      What absolutely wonderful news for both Ben and Claudia!

Congratulations go out to both.

While I am disappointed CB will not be in 'Life' as originally planned, I know many more opportunities will come her way after her new arrival is born.

I guess this might be the reason why CB is unable to make it to Comic Con this weekend for the Ark of Truth panel. And a very good reason it is.

And Ben's new project looks fascinating. He certainly is keeping busy and I am looking forward to seeing both of his new projects.

Thanks for posting this, Morjana.
      There's a "scapecast" interview with Claudia Black; part two is next Friday and she addresses the issue of why she doesn't do cons anymore. I have no idea what it is but I'm looking forward to the interview.

She also said that she doesn't have much in
      Spoiler:
      "Continuum" and that her part only required about a week of shooting; I wonder if that was due to her personal situation.

thanks for the post, Morjana

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524 View Post
        There's a "scapecast" interview with Claudia Black; part two is next Friday and she addresses the issue of why she doesn't do cons anymore. I have no idea what it is but I'm looking forward to the interview.

She also said that she doesn't have much in
        Spoiler:
        "Continuum" and that her part only required about a week of shooting; I wonder if that was due to her personal situation.

thanks for the post, Morjana
        Thanks so much for pointing me in the direction of the scapecast interview, esoap524. It was very interesting to hear what Claudia has been up to and her point of view on life as an actress and the difficulties and enjoyment that go along with that. I really hope they will work her character into 'Life' later on as it sounds like a very good role for her. Even if it doesn't work out, I would not be surprised if she got offered a regular role on a new show next pilot season.

About Continuum:

Spoiler:
        After hearing the SoSF interview, I was sorry to hear that she is not going to be in it as much. I guess it could be due to a reduced shooting schedule because of her pregnancy, but I doubt we'll ever know. Although I have my criticisms with how Vala was integrated into SG-1 and the whole Ori story arc, I am really looking forward to seeing CB play Vala/Qetesh in Continuum and would have liked her to be in it more than it sounds like she is. But I'm sure she will be fantastic in it no matter how much time she has on the screen.

Comment

Thanks so much for pointing me in the direction of the scapecast interview, esoap524. It was very interesting to hear what Claudia has been up to and her point of view on life as an actress and the difficulties and enjoyment that go along with that. I really hope they will work her character into 'Life' later on as it sounds like a very good role for her. Even if it doesn't work out, I would not be surprised if she got offered a regular role on a new show next pilot season.

About Continuum:

Spoiler:
          After hearing the SoSF interview, I was sorry to hear that she is not going to be in it as much. I guess it could be due to a reduced shooting schedule because of her pregnancy, but I doubt we'll ever know. Although I have my criticisms with how Vala was integrated into SG-1 and the whole Ori story arc, I am really looking forward to seeing CB play Vala/Qetesh in Continuum and would have liked her to be in it more than it sounds like she is. But I'm sure she will be fantastic in it no matter how much time she has on the screen.
          I'm in the exact same boat regarding your Continuum spoilers.

As for CB's upcoming addition: Very cool! It definitely does explain why she wasn't at Comic Con.

As for her role in "Life," I was looking forward to seeing her do something relatively mainstream. I do hope they're able to work something out if it gets picked up for a second season. Either way, like you said Melora, I'm sure other roles will come her way in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
            I'm in the exact same boat regarding your Continuum spoilers.

As for CB's upcoming addition: Very cool! It definitely does explain why she wasn't at Comic Con.

As for her role in "Life," I was looking forward to seeing her do something relatively mainstream. I do hope they're able to work something out if it gets picked up for a second season. Either way, like you said Melora, I'm sure other roles will come her way in the future.
            I feel similarly re: Continuum.

She did do a guest stint on The Dresden Files--I suppose NOT playing an alien and using an American accent is more mainstream, even if the show is not.

Like you and Melora, I'm looking forward to seeing her on the screen again...sooner rather than later, I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524 View Post
              I feel similarly re: Continuum.

She did do a guest stint on The Dresden Files--I suppose NOT playing an alien and using an American accent is more mainstream, even if the show is not.

Like you and Melora, I'm looking forward to seeing her on the screen again...sooner rather than later, I hope.
              She was terrific in Dresden Files. It was actually one of the few episodes of the show that I really liked, probably b/c I found her character more compelling than the lead character. No offense to DF lovers out there.

Comment

She was terrific in Dresden Files. It was actually one of the few episodes of the show that I really liked, probably b/c I found her character more compelling than the lead character. No offense to DF lovers out there.
                I really enjoyed that performance as well. I usually find her one of the more compelling people on screen. She just has a certain look, or magnetism or something; it's not just physical attractiveness.

Comment

I am glad the two of them are keeping so busy. They are both brilliant actors IMO, and deserve regular, quality work.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    I am glad the two of them are keeping so busy. They are both brilliant actors IMO, and deserve regular, quality work.
                    Yeah. I think it's cool that Ben Browder is trying his hand at writing. Isn't that something that he's always had an interest in?

Comment

Ben Browder penned two fan favorite episodes of Farscape--Green Eyed Monster and John Quixote. He also contributed and got writing credit for SG1's Bad Guys. He sat in with the writers on Farscape as well which is a rarity especially with American shows.
                      Ben Browder : blowin up things and kissin that's what we call Drahma !

Comment

Working...
                      X