Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok what happen during those 5 million years ago ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok what happen during those 5 million years ago ?

Ok I just realized something . Ok The Ancients left earth some 5 million years ago ,but came back to earth some 20,000 -10,000 years ago .They either asended or died off by that Mystery Plague .

So what did they during the time they got there.I know they needed to time to explore that galaxy and they fought the war with the Wraith .But a couple of million years to explore the Galaxy set some Stargates and leave some colonies .We saw that they built other city ships .I'm sure they left that Galaxy to other Galaxies .

There's a big gap in the time lines here .If the the Go'uald came to earth 10,000 years ago and Conqueared this Galaxy .So if there was a Alliance between the Goa'uld ,the Asgard and the Ancients and the Furlings what happen before that 10,000 years .So the anients didn't set up colonies in our Galaxy .How could the goa'uld not know about humans if they weren't part of the Alliance .

Ok to many questions here ?Any help with this ?

Huh? The Goa'uld were never part of any alliance with the Asgard, Ancients etc...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
      Huh? The Goa'uld were never part of any alliance with the Asgard, Ancients etc...
      It was hypothetical-All I would see is war as the Goa'uld tryed to wipe out the other races.

Comment

The Ancients have been shown in the past to be quite patient and not really in that much of a hurry to do anything.
        Assuming they only had Atlantis at first, they would've had to use it to go round all these planets to place the Stargates. Once this was done they then seeded the planets with human colonies.
        As far as we know they don't have the Replication technologies that the Asgard have (bar Merlin, but that was post-Ascension so doesn't count) so when they build a city ship it would be by hand, which would take a loooong time.
        A generous estimate would be that this would take a few hundred years to accomplish, if we assume that there are a similar number of Stargates in PG as there are in MW.

Between finishing this and the war with the Wraith, they most likely devoted themselves to figuring out technological ascension. Remember, the Ancients believed in science over anything, so if they were looking for a way to ascend it would be technological (as seen by the Ascension-Machine in Atlantis and their attempts to capture that energy creature believing it to be the key to ascension.)

Then there was the war with the Wraith. Do we have any idea how long this went on for, is there a specified canon timeframe? When they realised that they couldn't win this and were holed up in Atlantis, they returned to Earth.
        Some went to live with humans, thus seeding the human race with the Ancient gene, others lived in isolation in an attempt to achieve natural ascension, and others carried on trying it the technological way (Nirrti's DNA manipulator, which was an Ancient machine).

Basically, in that big gap between setting up Pegasus and the Wraith war, I think the lazy gits just sat on their fat asses contemplating ascension and looking out of Atlantis' windows.

Comment

Originally posted by MacGuyverThis View Post
          Ok I just realized something . Ok The Ancients left earth some 5 million years ago ,but came back to earth some 20,000 -10,000 years ago .They either asended or died off by that Mystery Plague .

So what did they during the time they got there.I know they needed to time to explore that galaxy and they fought the war with the Wraith .But a couple of million years to explore the Galaxy set some Stargates and leave some colonies .We saw that they built other city ships .I'm sure they left that Galaxy to other Galaxies .

There's a big gap in the time lines here .If the the Go'uald came to earth 10,000 years ago and Conqueared this Galaxy .So if there was a Alliance between the Goa'uld ,the Asgard and the Ancients and the Furlings what happen before that 10,000 years .So the anients didn't set up colonies in our Galaxy .How could the goa'uld not know about humans if they weren't part of the Alliance .

Ok to many questions here ?Any help with this ?

Comment

make babies,create life, make stuff like a ancient city, set up stargates and write down the gate addresses.make time machines, make time devices,make babies,learn to ascend, build stuff list goes on

yh i reckon that would of taken millions of years to do, ancinets finding resources and secondary power sources i.e. naquada, and suing ships to find planets like i would think they would have to go every lightyears with long range sensors to find these sort of things and set up stargates.
            sigpic

Comment

I think in the last ep of S1 or the first in S2 Sheppard told Everrett the lengh of the war and that it was 10,000 years ago

Comment

Correction: The Altera came to the Milky Way Galaxy about 50 million years ago. Sometime between then and ~5 Million years ago, the plague nearly wiped them out. The ancients that survived the plague (Lanteans) left Earth about 5 million years ago for Pegasus. 10,000 years ago the survivors of the Lantean-Wraith war left Pegasus and came back to Earth.

There's a big gap in the time lines here.
                There are two big gaps in the time line. One is 45 millions years long, and the other is just under 5 million years long.

Best guess is that the Altera spent 45 million years living peacefully until the plague hit them. We have no idea when the plague afflicted the Altera, but it should have happened not long after they left their home galaxy (since the writers of the series have implied that the Ori are the ones who released it, and that after the plague they were no longer aware of the happenings in this galaxy due to ascended Altera shielding the Milky Way from the Ori).

As for the Lanteans, they were probably living peacefully too, up until about 10,100 years ago when the Lantean-Wraith War started.
                Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Did they ever say how long the war lasted? I know they showed how the galaxy looked after it had gone on for 100 years, but that's all I remember. Do we actually know how long the seige of Atlantis was?
                  All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

According to Sheppard they were at war for a hundred years until the Lantians lost and only Atlantis remained.
                    Atlantis was under siege for a few more years until they decided to flee to Earth.

Comment

Ok so no one really knows what happen during that time.So anything could have happen during that time huh .

Comment

Ok so no one really knows what happen during that time.So anything could have happen during that time huh .
                        TPTB really did make a mistake having the ancients come to the Milky Way 50 million years ago. The fact that they didn't seem to evolve beyond their human physiology (ascension isn't evolution), didn't really advance their technology, and nothing worth mentioning happened during that span of time seems like a colossal waste of story telling.
                        Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin View Post
                          TPTB really did make a mistake having the ancients come to the Milky Way 50 million years ago. The fact that they didn't seem to evolve beyond their human physiology (ascension isn't evolution), didn't really advance their technology, and nothing worth mentioning happened during that span of time seems like a colossal waste of story telling.
                          Just because we don't know what happened doesn't mean nothing happened.

I've always assumed that the history was lost because the Goa'uld and others took their stuff and trashed the places they lived (for the most part).
                          Mammals suck!

"Real men don't need inertia dampers."

Check out my GURPS campaign setting wiki, Islands of War!

Stop sending me friendship requests. I will deny them all, regardless of who they come from.

Comment

we're talking 50 million years here
                            on Earth we can barely find out what happened few thousand years ago

I'm sure a lot has happened during that time, just not much survived to tell us the story

Comment

Just think of how many Alien ships that have crashed on Earth without us knowing-hell next week we could find as starship in the ice of Antarctica

Wow I have found a fan fiction history of the Ancients-click the spoiler
                              http://www.sg1archive.com/forums/ind...howtopic=15449
                              Last edited by Jyral Nadreth; 28 July 2007, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X