This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How far could you go with the Stargate?

We've seen that the gates can be used between galaxies .Well the supergates can be used between galaxies .Theres the Pegaus's Project .

We've seen that if you give the Stargate enough power you can seem to go to any Galaxy . The Supergates were made big enough so they can transport ships through it .

So if you give a gate enough power you can go anywhere rite?

I'd of thought so, we've been led to believe that the Ori galaxy is a hell of a long way away.

Comment

Well, hypothetically, if you had enough power and a device (a 'Gate or some equivalent device) compatible with our own 'Gate system on the other end, you could go just about anywhere.

However, there is a practical limit to how far they can go, as with the limited number of symbols and chevrons there are only 'X' ammount of destinations a StarGate could go to, so with seven (intra-galactic travel only), the number of possible destinations number about 5 billion, so with eight (extra-galactic travel), there are over a hundred billion possible destinations, and nine (no clue what kind of travel), there are over two trillion possible addresses.

Comment

Originally posted by MacGuyverThis View Post
        We've seen that the gates can be used between galaxies .Well the supergates can be used between galaxies .Theres the Pegaus's Project .

We've seen that if you give the Stargate enough power you can seem to go to any Galaxy . The Supergates were made big enough so they can transport ships through it .

So if you give a gate enough power you can go anywhere rite?
        You can probably go anywhere in the universe as long as you have:

1) A Stargate at each end.
        2) Enough power to establish & maintain the connection. The further you go the more power you need to maintain the active wormhole.
        3) The correct symbols to allow you to actually dial the gate in the 1st place & establish a connection between the two gates.

Comment

yh but where would you go, if stargate was real, to some it might be, everything i would want would be rite here on earth,

but i would want my own ship maybe a puddle jumper for the holidays and an oniel ships to blow up planets or something and a personal shield
          sigpic

Comment

We only use 8 symbol addreses and a particular power source to travel in 2 neighbournly galaxy, Ida and Pegasus.

I guess that the 8 symbol addreses are for a local zone of galaxies, and to travel further away we need 9 symbol addreses and a much bigger power source.

But noting is official, we can only speculate at this point, until Stargate Universe show up.

Comment

There are many Stars in a Galaxy(7 Chevrons)-There are many galaxies in a universe(8 Chevrons )-there are many Universe's in a ?(9 Chevrons )

Comment

Doubtfull. Like we saw, another universe is identified with another reality. And there are ways and much simpler devices that requiere less energy consumption to travel between different realities/universes, than a 9 chevron address which will probably require a huge amount of power.

Comment

Without adding an extra source of power i would say 100,000 light years as that would be the diameter of the milky way, or 88,235 light years as that would be the distance between gates in the IGB.
                  Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

There must be a limit though. How do stargates actually connect and recieve signals with each other from across the universe?
                    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

It would be great if we found out the 9th chevron activates the gates power saving mode. We can now get to Atlantis with a 9-volt battery.
                      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

The stargate could also be adapated for time travel but you got to have sunspots

Comment

But just think - if there were stargates across the other side of the universe that can be accessed by the ninth chevron it would open up another opportunity for a spin-off series say if you could get Project Articus (Sorry if i've spelled it wrong) to work and power the 'gate with that.

Comment

I would believe that you could travel to any destination, no matter how far away, provided there was a receiving stargate at the other end. Power would be an issue, of course.

Comment

Arent the substnatial power requirement sof the supergate a byproduct of both is trans galactic travel and the fact that it is masive enough to allow for a entire fleets to be tranferred through it?
                              Also, I was under the impression that there were no true Super Gates. That is the only ones we have seen were manfucatured for the specific use that they were given int hat particular story. I did not think they were pre-existing and waiting to be powered/dialed/whatevver. But then I am out of the loop a bit.
                              "A friend is someone who stabs you in the front."

Ilshah, host to A’aaruk-GateWorld RP

Comment

Working...
                              X