This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGC Universe Tech Changes?

Ok if you had the chance to rewrite Stargate and add new tech to it what would you add .

For me must defintlty would add some real aliens .Ok better class of ships ,would add a agency to deal with alien situations on earth ,explain some of the Ancient tech better ,

There are alot of things on SGC I would change .To many to really list .

But What would you change?

I would have put far less emphasis on the war with the Ori-Maybe not having it at all because after season 7 SG-1 lost what it had that actracted veiwers. They also turned one of my favourite ship the Ha'Tak into a laughing stock being ripped apart 1 hit K.O. I would have had the Wraith move into the Milky way from SGA

Comment

I would say that it would be an explination for the 9th chevron. I am looking forward to the in the next series. Perhaps it would lead to an alternate dimension or something along those lines. Maybe even to an extremely far off galaxy that still contains Ancients or some remnant of them. Possibly even the Furlings. That would be pretty sweet.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

I would have the 302s actually use their cannons in battle as we know they have them but never seem to use them in battle. Maybe even give them some weak energy weapons, nothing too uber though.

I`d also give the 304s better missile systems. Faster missiles which actually stand a chance of getting through every now and then.

I`d also make the Staff Weapon as powerful as it used to be. It used to turn you into a smoking half-dead pile of flesh in one shot. In one episode (forget the title, one of the Alpha Site episodes.), Jacob got hit in the leg and it didn't seem to bother him much more than a mosquito bite!

Comment

I would have some modern combat armor for the Tau'ri and the Ori. The Ori have powerfull ships but their soldiers have privitive medival like armors. They would have personal shields.

I would like to see some hightech equipments on earth soldiers(like helmet mounted display etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by MacGuyverThis View Post
            Ok if you had the chance to rewrite Stargate and add new tech to it what would you add .

For me must defintlty would add some real aliens .Ok better class of ships ,would add a agency to deal with alien situations on earth ,explain some of the Ancient tech better ,

There are alot of things on SGC I would change .To many to really list .

But What would you change?
            I remove the Ships and get more one on one combat

maybe add some cars/tanks or that kind

It is more a Starflight the "gate" show now

Comment

I would have the team use Zat-guns more. I know Carter showed a demonstration with the P90 versus a staff weapon, but it seems that the zat was an extremely capable weapon to disable, but not kill.

There was reverse engineering with the naquada reactor and the 301, but not much else. I would have like to have seen hybrid weapons and technology more on the show.

After encountering all of the alien warriors, I would think the Air Force would be able to mass-produce more effective uniforms for the teams. We're working on invisibility and self-healing outfits in the real world. Given the dangers of offworld travel, there should be better protection.

I don't understand the issue with space battles. We became a space-faring race with the launch of the 304's. It's understandable that we would use these ships to their fullest.

Comment

In simple terms.... a single fanwank ship.

Best Stargate quote:
                Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Morrolan View Post
                  I don't understand the issue with space battles. We became a space-faring race with the launch of the 304's. It's understandable that we would use these ships to their fullest.
                  it's not fun when you get to shortcut with asgard tech
                  I'd much prefer it if we made our own slowly over time

plus they screw up story opportunities, every time we beam in beam out and fight against the same type of ships, how long can you keep that interesting?

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
                    it's not fun when you get to shortcut with asgard tech
                    I'd much prefer it if we made our own slowly over time

plus they screw up story opportunities, every time we beam in beam out and fight against the same type of ships, how long can you keep that interesting?
                    Star Trek did the same thing with Voyager-one day fairly powerful vessel in the DQ-next day uber-battleship

This has happened with Sci fi after Sci Fi. Stargate Continuum will sort this out as Ball does a little time travelling and Earths stargate in Egypt goes missing which means no 302,303,304's,no Asgard upgrades. My bet is we will have a Tel'tac and thats it cuz if Mitchell and Carter are on Dakara and Earths gate is gone a stinky Tel'tak is the only way back.

Comment

Working...
                    X