This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What technology is responsible for

the instantaneous audio/visual feeds that are established often on moving ships, as well as ships orbiting far planets. Some sub-space magic at work?

Probably-Remember the Silver sphere's the Goa'uld use. The larger ball is placed inside the ring of a inactive stargate (since the stargates have to have some link when not active because the recieving stargates chevrons light up)-the Goa'uld comms must piggyback on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jyral Nadreth View Post
      Probably-Remember the Silver sphere's the Goa'uld use. The larger ball is placed inside the ring of a inactive stargate (since the stargates have to have some link when not active because the recieving stargates chevrons light up)-the Goa'uld comms must piggyback on it.
      I think that was just for dramatic effect. The gate is a religious object to the Jaffa, so putting a "magical" ball with the face of your god on it within the ring is just more of that Goa'uld dramatic flare...
      Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
      Check out my Flickr

Comment

Perhaps for both reasons religous and scientific

Comment

Maybe they just have phone towers floating in space that transmit the signals around.

But on a serious note, I think its just a normal space transmission. Correct me if I'm wrong but I can't not recall a single time they have used the screen transmission when they haven't been close.

Comment

Yeah, they just use subspace. So they are just sending a message through Hyperspace (or it's equivalent) just a lot quicker. Hence why they always have delays in sending messages (ala the Pegasus Project - Atlantis to the SGC, to Teal'c)
            Disliked a recent episode?
            Hate the current season Stargate Atlantis or SG1?
            The writers killed off your favourite character?

Well suck it up Cupcake. It is only a Television Show.

Comment

Plus, there must be some sort of logical interface between our ships and the run of the mill other ships in our galaxy. Those seem to use FTL capabilities some times (not just "goa'uld tv" ). We know this from the Tok'ra network (reckoning) as it is impossible to receive data from across the galaxy at anything less than c+ otherwise it won't get there for several hundred thousand years.
              When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
              Zatnikitelman

Comment

What technology is responsible for
                its not responsible for anything, the user is...............

the instantaneous audio/visual feeds that are established often on moving ships, as well as ships orbiting far planets. Some sub-space magic at work?
                oh right ............ .............. erm ..............hmm ............magnets?
                sigpic
                EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by Master_Templar View Post
                  Yeah, they just use subspace. So they are just sending a message through Hyperspace (or it's equivalent) just a lot quicker. Hence why they always have delays in sending messages (ala the Pegasus Project - Atlantis to the SGC, to Teal'c)
                  That was due to the black hole's time dilation. Subspace connections have always been in real time instant communication, that episode was the exception.
                  www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Um, no Subspace comms have not always been real-time. If I remember right, in Camelot, they mentioned something about having the message get to SGC or something like that. The Black Hole was not affecting Teal'c at all, he was on the otherside of the 'Gate, the only thing that was affected was his transmissions to and from Odyssey.
                    When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                    Zatnikitelman

Comment

Originally posted by Zatnikitelman View Post
                      Um, no Subspace comms have not always been real-time. If I remember right, in Camelot, they mentioned something about having the message get to SGC or something like that. The Black Hole was not affecting Teal'c at all, he was on the otherside of the 'Gate, the only thing that was affected was his transmissions to and from Odyssey.
                      Ship to ship subspace comms have ALWAYS been real time. They have limited range on their comms, such as not being able to Reach Atlantis from Earth.
                      www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Master_Templar View Post
                        the distortions in the Pegasus project have to do with Black Hole TIme Dialation
                        http://galaxyraiders.com/location.php

Comment

Working...
                        X