Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What armaments does the Oddessy now have?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What armaments does the Oddessy now have?

We all know that the Oddessy was upgraded with Asgard weapons and stuff in the last episode where they were used to devastating effect on the Ori. Daedalus is bound to get this as well but what will happen to the railguns? As I saw the Asgard weapons are pure anti-capital ship weapons and if the railguns were removed Wraith Darts will be able to swarm the Daedalus with light to no loss's. What does everyone else think

The rail guns are not being removed. JM posted a pic a couple of months ago in his blog which showed new upgraded rail guns that were being used in s4.

We don't know if Daedalus, Apollo or whoever will be getting the energy weapons in s4. We only know they are getting upgrades around the middle of the season, which could really mean anything in the grand scheme of things.

The energy weapons will probably take a great deal of power to fire, which if they are faced with 100's of Darts, then it may not be cost effective to use them. They may not even have the power requirements to use them on such a level. Rail guns won't require virtually anything from them to continually fire. Therefore they are perfect for Darts or other lower level priorities that may need dealing with.

So I think they'll most certainly be keeping what they have, as well as adding new things over time.

Comment

Martin G said in a recent interview with gateworld...

"I mean, look -- what it comes down to for a lot of fans is lasers! Really, let's be real about this. Everybody thought, "Wow! The Odyssey finally has laser weapons. Cool! Are all the ships going to have laser weapons?" Eventually yeah, we're going to move that technology into the other Earth ships."

That to me says that the Apollo and Daedalus will both be getting the weapons, as if he was referring to future ships I expect he would have left out the 'the' part. I suppose it can be interpretted differently though, but that's how I see it. And I expect they will be getting them in S4, because tptb don't know whether or not there will be a s5.

I personally think the Daedalus and Apollo will have the Odyssey weapons by the end of s4.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
        Martin G said in a recent interview with gateworld...

"I mean, look -- what it comes down to for a lot of fans is lasers! Really, let's be real about this. Everybody thought, "Wow! The Odyssey finally has laser weapons. Cool! Are all the ships going to have laser weapons?" Eventually yeah, we're going to move that technology into the other Earth ships."

That to me says that the Apollo and Daedalus will both be getting the weapons, as if he was referring to future ships I expect he would have left out the 'the' part. I suppose it can be interpretted differently though, but that's how I see it. And I expect they will be getting them in S4, because tptb don't know whether or not there will be a s5.

I personally think the Daedalus and Apollo will have the Odyssey weapons by the end of s4.
        It was RCC who gave that interview & notice the part ''Eventually'! Therefore it stands to reason that they are not getting them straight away. Which may mean half way in s4, it may even mean not in s4 at all. More along the lines of s5 if there is one. If there isn't then they'll be added in for the movies & maybe the new 3rd series when that comes around.

Only time will tell! Either way, I'm sure they'll be keeping their 'lesser' weapons as well alongside them.

Comment

Col Carter is supposed to be a recurring member at Atlantis in season 4 and she is the expert on the new systems compared to everyone else so it is likely that she+engineering team will refit the Daedalus on site-Apollo will get them when she goes home. The railguns may get an upgrade-use the Asgard Transporter/Replicator could reload the railguns meaning she would have infinite ammo instead of 10,000 rounds per magazine. Daedalus would be a prime candidate for an early refit as she has to face the Wraith(Who defeated the Ancients) and the Asurans(Who want the K.O. Earth) so it would be tactically unwise to delay a refit for her.

Comment

Originally posted by Jyral Nadreth View Post
            Col Carter is supposed to be a recurring member at Atlantis in season 4 and she is the expert on the new systems compared to everyone else so it is likely that she+engineering team will refit the Daedalus on site-Apollo will get them when she goes home. The railguns may get an upgrade-use the Asgard Transporter/Replicator could reload the railguns meaning she would have infinite ammo instead of 10,000 rounds per magazine. Daedalus would be a prime candidate for an early refit as she has to face the Wraith(Who defeated the Ancients) and the Asurans(Who want the K.O. Earth) so it would be tactically unwise to delay a refit for her.
            since when have the characters/writers done anything that was "tactically wise"?
            Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
            Check out my Flickr

Comment

True True like when Jackson was a prior they had the Ori ship and a 304 in thier possesion and they tossed the mothership back-at that point the Ori were beating them left right and centre-they captured a battleship which would have given them a fighting chance of salvation.

I would have had that Ori ship 1 way or another-the 304 at that point was worthless

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
                It was RCC who gave that interview...
                Oops.

Comment

Originally posted by Jyral Nadreth View Post
                  True True like when Jackson was a prior they had the Ori ship and a 304 in thier possesion and they tossed the mothership back-at that point the Ori were beating them left right and centre-they captured a battleship which would have given them a fighting chance of salvation.

I would have had that Ori ship 1 way or another-the 304 at that point was worthless
                  A cloaked 304 which is guaranteed to not have any failsafes, self destruct mechanisms, remote control software or otherwise bad stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor View Post
                    A cloaked 304 which is guaranteed to not have any failsafes, self destruct mechanisms, remote control software or otherwise bad stuff.
                    They did'nt have any when the Jaffa used the Dakara Weapon on one after the battle of Camelot. My point was compared to the Ori at that point what were the chances of us defeating them with only 304s= probably none but with an Ori ship we could find weakness's or at least use it to defend Earth

By the way Nice Incom T-65 on your banner

Comment

Working...
                    X