This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Color scheme for the beam weapons?

Does the color indicate how effective the weapon is against shields?

It's just a color.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
      Does the color indicate how effective the weapon is against shields?
      I think it somewhat does but on a grand scale no.
      sigpic

Comment

If stargate stuck with the whole 'spectrum' think they had in the beginning, then I'd say yes. Goa'uld orange weapons were much weaker than blue Asgard ones which were stronger, but they threw that out a while ago.

Ori weapons (yellow) were waaaaayyy stronger than goa'uld ones and Asgard ones but based on the color spectrum of intensity, a yellow plasma weapon would be weaker than a blue one, and purple plasma would pwn all... but one could surmise that because of the greater volume in the Ori beam weapon, it is deadlier than a basic yellow plasma burst.

for those of you confused, here's the light spectrum I'm talking about:
        You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Yup, on the color scheme as long as you take into the account the -- well for lack of a better description at the moment -- size of the weapon bolt or beam. The Ori weapon beam seemed to be white to me which is pretty high up on the scale but violet is still king. If you throw a great big hung of blue sh*t (like the Wraith hive ships do) at your target its going to hurt just as much as a smaller amount of violet sh*t.

Comment

Color serves only to make something more exciting, there really is no indication of how strong a weapon would be by color in Stargate unless it was Clearly Stated it was a laser (as color would apply to EM energy not plasma). Even if color did matter, races like the Ancients and asgard would have made weapons that went beyond the visible light spectrum and therefore would be invisible. If all the Stargate weaponry were plasma based (as the omnipedia hints at) the color would be determined by the type of super heated atoms make up the pulse/beam.
            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

I think that the colours are only different so that they are matched to the design of the ship using them eg Ha'Tak-gold, Asgard-blue,Ori-blue+white gold. It just seems more visually appealing this way

Comment

I doubt it makes any real difference, other than it looking visually better on screen. I think people would have a major problem if all were the ecact same colour. Say Goa'uld Ha'taks were the same as Ori, Replicator, Asuran, Ancient, Asgard weapons etc who were much more advanced.

Yellow seemed to be the least powerful, but then came Anubis who souped up his shields & weapons on his ships. Which ended up being more powerful than the Asgard Beliskner class.

We actually have no idea who powerful the laser from 'Unending' will be against other types of shields different to those of the Ori. I personally think they were specifically designed for the Ori shields & won't do much against the Asurans.

I actually think the most powerful weapon is between the Asurans or the Ori.

Although I think it just comes down to visuals to give each race a different colour & not how powerful they are in the grand scheme of things.

Comment

This is like saying purple lightsabers are ultimate and green lightsabers are crap

Comment

Originally posted by Jyral Nadreth View Post
                    This is like saying purple lightsabers are ultimate and green lightsabers are crap
                    what are you on about??? orange lightsabers are soo much better than purple or green. lol.
                    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by titan_hq View Post
                      what are you on about??? orange lightsabers are soo much better than purple or green. lol.
                      Pink lightsabers and Barbie dolls will take the Ori down

Comment

But purple lightsabres ARE ultimate, that's why Samuel L Jackson has one!

But yeah, I think the whole reason they are different colours is so you can tell them apart and cause it looks cooler. I mean each race's ships look different so why cant their weapons?

Comment

If color made the weapon, then you could send one crazy dude out on top of Cheyenne Mountain with a Zat and pwn the entire Goa'uld fleet. The VFX guys just did what seemed cool and fit the species/ship. Notice that Atlantis had blue railguns during the seige when railguns on our ships are yellow. It's what fit in with the color an design scheme of whatever was firing it. Granted, there were yellow tracers in the air over Atlantis, but the only thing we ever saw the railguns actually firing up close were blue railgun shots.
                          When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                          Zatnikitelman

Comment

The railguns changed colour for a reason-the fired blue in an atmosphere and gold in space-a vacuum of space would explain that

Comment

The railguns changed colour for a reason-the fired blue in an atmosphere and gold in space-a vacuum of space would explain that
                              So how do you explain the yellow "tracers" in the atmosphere when the railguns fired blue in the atmosphere? Mach 5 is hardly enough to cause stuff to "plasmesce," heat-up, yes...plasmesce, no.
                              When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                              Zatnikitelman

Comment

Working...
                              X