This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Happened to Dresden Files?

Was it cancelled or renewed? I am having trouble finding out.

Nobody knows for sure, but it's looking more and more likely that it's been cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
      Nobody knows for sure, but it's looking more and more likely that it's been cancelled.
      They re-ran the last episode during the same time period that it was rumored thy were going to announce whether the show was being renewed. I thought that was a good sign, but it was weeks ago, and I haven't seen or heard anything since.

Comment

Wouldn't really surprise me at all if Sci-Fi yanked the plug on it.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          Wouldn't really surprise me at all if Sci-Fi yanked the plug on it.
          Yeah, I thought they were going to announce whether it was renewerd sometime in June-ish- but by July 15 at the latest. Sooo.....we're not drastically far past the deadline, but I'm not holding my breath. The first season wasn't great, but it certainly had potential (I had higher hopes for it).

I'm really just surprised that SCI-FI hasn't said anything at all regarding the future of the show yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
            I'm really just surprised that SCI-FI hasn't said anything at all regarding the future of the show yet.
            I can't really say I'm surprised at all with the things Sci-Fi does. They're probably still on the fence about what to do concerning it.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I really like Dresden & hope it's renewed.

It's a show I can watch with my son, whereas I have to turn off junk like Painkiller Jane.
              "Science Fiction is an existential metaphor. It allows us to to tell stories about the human condition.
              Isaac Asimov once said 'Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and and philosphers of today. But the core of science fiction--it's essence--has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all.' "
              ~Grell, 'Silver/Teal'c', SG-1, 200th Episode

Comment

NBC pulled the same trick with Surface- a really loooong wait plus a couple of seemingly hopeful signs (mostly folks grabbing straws) only to get nixed. With Skiffy falling under the NBCU umbrealla, I'm not surprised they're pulling this rotten trick, either. It's as good as canceled, even Robert Wolfe has been hinting as much over on the Jim Butcher forum.

DF had a lot of potential, but I think Skiffy set it up to fail, particularly after jacking around with the pilot. I'm disappointed, but I like the books better, anyway and those won't be ending any time soon, thank the gods.

So when does the screaming and cursing and illogical attacks against Flash Gordon start?

Comment

Originally posted by Liam Kincaid View Post
                  Was it cancelled or renewed? I am having trouble finding out.
                  Knowing ciFi, they canacelled it, but they're not about to come out and explicitly say that.

If they ever bothered to keep a series around for than a month, they would probably actually have a fan base.

Comment

Surface was laughable. I watched it because it was a BAD Godzilla movie. It was caceled for bad ratings.

Painkiller Jane is trash, and I don't see it getting renewed unless it's cheap to make. I have higher hopes for the Flash show and Warehouse 13.

Comment

I think Painkiller Jane has already been renewed.

Nevermind, false alarm.
                      Last edited by PG15; 21 July 2007, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                        I think Painkiller Jane has already been renewed.
                        Pleeeeease say that that's a really bad joke.

Comment

I don't know, I heard it on some Stargate ratings thread. I'll try to dig it up, stand by...

Comment

Ok, my bad. It seems the thread I saw it on didn't really present a clear source either. Man, this is definitely a moment's lapse in logic for me. Not a good sign.

so, yeah, PKJ's fate is still unknown at the moment.

Comment

Thank goodness! If that piece of crap gets renewed.....

Comment

Working...
                              X