This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Reaper' thread

Hello all, I wanted to start an all inclusive thread for CW's new scifi/fantasy/comedy show coming out this fall called Reaper. Those who are fellow Supernatural or CW fans have undoubtedly seen the previews for it. I have liked everything I have read and seen so far. - Especially since Kevin Smith, who is one of the executive producers and directed the pilot episode, is involved with the project. If you have any thoughts, idea's or theories about this new show, please feel free to share them.

Here is a brief synopsis with some background information on the actors.

Drama series "Reaper" will premiere on The CW in Fall 2007 on Tuesdays at 9:00 p.m.

For the first 20 years of his life on "Reaper," Sam (Bret Harrison, "The Loop," "Grounded for Life") wondered why his parents went so easy on him. Whether it was school, sports or career choices, Sam's mom (Allison Hossack, "Falcon Beach") and dad (Andrew Airlie, "The L Word") always let him get by with the least possible effort on "Reaper," while at the same time pressuring his younger brother Keith (Kyle Switzer, "15/Love") to excel. As a result, Sam skipped college, took a dead-end job and now wastes endless hours playing video games and wishing he had the guts to ask out his pretty co-worker, Andi (Nikki Reed, "Thirteen," "The O.C.").

Everything in Sam's slacker world on "Reaper" changes the day he turns 21 and discovers the ungodly reason his parents let him slide: they sold his soul to the devil before he was born. Satan himself (Ray Wise, "24," "The Closer") drops by on "Reaper" to personally explain that Sam must now serve as his bounty hunter, tracking down evil souls that have escaped and returning them to Hell.

At first, Sam refuses to accept his bizarre fate on "Reaper," but after getting just a glimpse of Satan's temper, Sam realizes that breaking a deal with the devil has consequences that are very, very bad. Armed with a constantly changing series of vessels, starting with a Dirt Devil mini-vacuum, to collect the escapees, Sam immediately finds that the work is dangerous and frightening on "Reaper," even with the goofball help of his friends and fellow slackers, Bert "Sock" Wysocki (Tyler Labine, "Boston Legal," "Invasion") and Ben (Rick Gonzalez, "Coach Carter"), along with Sock's former-girlfriend-turned-paralegal, Josie (Valarie Rae Miller, "Dark Angel").

Still, as weird and scary as his life has become on "Reaper," Sam is surprised to find that he somehow feels good about his new-found "mission" of removing evil-doers from the world and sending them back where they belong. With his friends and his trusty vessel-of-the-week at his side, Sam is ready to face his destiny as the Reaper.

"Reaper" is produced by ABC Studios. Michelle Fazekas ("Ed," "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit"), Tara Butters ("Ed," "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit"), Mark Gordon ("Grey's Anatomy," "Criminal Minds"), Deb Spera ("Criminal Minds"), Tom Spezialy ("Desperate Housewives") and Kevin Smith ("Clerks," "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back") are executive producers. Kevin Smith also directed the pilot for "Reaper."

The below link will lead you to some video slips of the show:
    http://cwtv.com/video?vid=reaper
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Hey Fifth Race, I'm so glad you started the Reaper thread. You are wonderful at running these type of threads. I am also looking forward to this new show. The video clips you provided are great and quite hilarious.

I had no idea that Kevin Smith, of Clerks fame, is the execuctive producer and will also direct select episodes, including the pilot. I was also pleasantly surprised to see that Tyler Labine is one of the main characters, especially playing a slacker. I am also a fan of Ray Wise who plays Satan.
    The USS Defiant Rocks!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

I really had no desire to see this show when I first heard about it. Even after seeing the extended preview trailer they've got, I still wasn't convinced. It looked funny and irreverent which is always good, but I just wasn't convinced about the premise.

Then I learned Missy Peregrym had been cast to replace Nikki Reed's character. Now I'm interested.
      "May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Susan Ivanova

"The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest. " - Citizen G'Kar

"I will see you again, in the place where no shadows fall." - Delenn

Comment

I'll at least tune in to the first episode when it airs. No harm in giving it a shot.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

It looks good to me and cant wait for the first show
          Vote Anubis for President in 2012
          A Face you Can Trust
          sigpic
          So whats the worst that could happen?
          Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
          It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Sounds interesting. Might watch the Pilot to see what its like...
            Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Sounds somewhat like Brimstone, only funnier.
              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Interesting idea, I'll give the pilot a watch
                I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

having read the description i thought it sounded like dead like me meets ghost rider, but having watched the trailer it looks a bit more like ghost rider meets ghostbusters

anyway, i hope this comes to the uk, is executive produced by kevin smith and the pilot is directed by him so i'm hoping it will be pretty good.
                  Spoiler:
                  Disclaimer:
                  I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                  Quotes!
                  - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                  - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                  - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                    having read the description i thought it sounded like dead like me meets ghost rider, but having watched the trailer it looks a bit more like ghost rider meets ghostbusters

anyway, i hope this comes to the uk, is executive produced by kevin smith and the pilot is directed by him so i'm hoping it will be pretty good.
                    *sigh* I'm still waiting for that Ghost Rider and Ghostwriter team up.
                    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by USS Defiant View Post
                      I had no idea that Kevin Smith, of Clerks fame, is the execuctive producer and will also direct select episodes, including the pilot. I was also pleasantly surprised to see that Tyler Labine is one of the main characters, especially playing a slacker. I am also a fan of Ray Wise who plays Satan.
                      When I read that Kevin Smith will be executive producer and direct select episodes, that was the clincher for me in starting the thread. Plus I am also a huge fan of Tyler Labine and Missy Peregrym myself. I have a feeling this show is going to be good.
                      Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                      *sigh* I'm still waiting for that Ghost Rider and Ghostwriter team up.
                      Please keep the thread on point, at least until it get's established, thanx, I appreciate it
                      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Kevin Smith certainly makes it worth a look.

sigh* I'm still waiting for that Ghost Rider and Ghostwriter team up.
                        That's one team-up I would definately pay to see!
                        I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

I've watched the Pilot. Was ok. Not really scifi orientated, just your basic comedy. I like Bret Harrison, and this role should suit him. Will give it a couple more eps to see how it goes...
                          Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

I heard about this show previously on a "The Loop" forum (funny funny show), and I'm considering watching this just because Bret Harrison is in it. I heard that one of the reasons why the Loop was cancelled was becuase he went to this show instead. But I think I'll give it a try.

Comment

Same here wathced the pilot a few days ago, it's ok, the comedy side is there, but you have to give it a few more episodes!!
                              I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Working...
                              X