PDA

View Full Version : Charmed Discussion

Sam fan
September 24th, 2004, 06:15 AM
Okay, again- I'm not sure if this is in the right place. But I was justw andering if anyone watched Charmed?? I personally love it, I love the sisterly bonds. I love the girl-power aspect and I love that apart from being the most powerful witches in the world...they're still normal people who have normal problem- i.e love, children so on. I love piper and Phoebe I think they're a great combo- and I really like Paige and Prue too just not as much as I like theothers- I think Wyatt is adorable!!!! and Baby Chris is soooooo cute too! He's beautiful Just wandered if anyone else watched it and if they liked it or not.

Larry
September 24th, 2004, 06:46 AM
No disrespect, but it's hard for me to understand how Charmed is still going when really quality (my opinion of course) supernatural shows like Buffy and Angel are now gone. And I know, SMG wanted to be done with Buffy, but I think Angel really got the shaft last spring. I guess it's the (almost) supernatural power of Aaron Spelling that keeps it going and going and going like the Energizer Bunny.

ibwolf
September 24th, 2004, 07:04 AM
I used to watch. The show had potential, but rather then build on it the show got increasingly irrational, silly and boring. I finally gave up watching shortly after they magically (no pun intended) pulled a fourth sister out of a nearby convenient hat.

Buffy and Angel were both definately much better shows (even later seasons Buffy). Mostly because those shows knew what they were about. Charmed on the other hand doesn't seem to have a clue what it is about.

At present it's only reedeming values is the babe-age factor provided by Alyssa Milano and the fact that it's set in SF (my favorite city).

Elwe Singollo
September 24th, 2004, 09:20 AM
I catch the show as much as i can to see if its ever going to sway away from the direction its going, 'fairy tales', 'turning into something', 'my baby'(wyatt), etc, which is pretty much all its been about lately, for the past couple of seasons. I'm sure to catch the episodes with Charisma Carpenter, but other than that, sorry i will stop watching after that. :( (Major Buffy and Angel fan :), and WB IS EVIL)

FieryHands
September 24th, 2004, 11:02 AM
Charmed lacks everything I loved about Buffy and Angel except for the supernatural demon/magic stuff. Last time I caught part of Charmed, Phoebe was giving a speech on motherhood or something to a crowd of people while naked on a horse with really fake hair covering her boobies. Right...not really appealing to me.

Larry
September 24th, 2004, 11:52 AM
(Major Buffy and Angel fan :), and WB IS EVIL)

.................and UPN is right there with them

Elwe Singollo
September 24th, 2004, 01:09 PM
.................and UPN is right there with themI would be ok with UPN, if only they got better shows, other than black comedies... I mean, they are funny, except that new one, its just that they need something new, other than that kind of gender, to bring in more viewers. Also, at least UPN didn't cancel Btvs, like WB did... AH!:eek:

Charmed lacks everything I loved about Buffy and Angel except for the supernatural demon/magic stuff. Last time I caught part of Charmed, Phoebe was giving a speech on motherhood or something to a crowd of people while naked on a horse with really fake hair covering her boobies. Right...not really appealing to me.I know what you mean, although i thought Buffy's/Angel's supernatural demon/magic is better, because in Charmed, all the demons are 'human' looking, but thats probably to save money, and all of them have the same magic powers practically, fireball, that lightning ball, shimmer, orb, etc, not all of them have those powers, but something similar, but i can't blame them, money is something they don't have a lot of, wonder why they cut Pheobe's powers :rolleyes:

What happened to the old days when they were more 'serious' :( Oh wait, they kicked Shannon D. off :(, but i know i 'maybe' the minority on that.

Manic
September 24th, 2004, 01:20 PM
I liked the show during its first few seasons. I even kept watching the show after they introduced the 4th sister; the explanation wasn't that hard to swallow. To me, the show went completely downhill once they killed their only real adversary.

spoilers from the past few seasons...

Then they killed the Source of All Evil. That was alright, because Phoebe's fiance, Cole, became the Source. Then they killed Cole, but that was alright, because Phoebe was pregnant with the Seed of the Source of All Evil. Then they killed her baby and practically every ranking demon in the Underworld in one uninspired spell. I let that slide, because soon Cole returned completely immortal and obsessed with getting Phoebe back. But that's when Cole got annoying, and you just wanted him to hurry up and die. Then a weird time-travel/alternate dimension thing happened where they finally killed Cole for good.

That's when they completely ran out of adversaries. Now the show concentrates on Wyatt, and Chris' issues with his family never being there for him. This would be alright, if every episode corresponding with those sub-plots didn't involve the characters becoming Greek goddesses, Spider-Man, and fairytale archtypes every other episode. Now it's just boring, gimmicky, and going nowhere. I mean, Wyatt's a freaking baby. His story isn't gonna get anywhere unless they pull a "infant instantly ages 5-20 years overnight" cliche out of their hats.

Elwe Singollo
September 24th, 2004, 01:22 PM
"infant instantly ages 5-20 years overnight" cliche out of their hats.If that happened, i would be reminded of the Connor thing on Angel :rolleyes:

NightGloom
September 24th, 2004, 05:42 PM
As with most people here, I think the show went majorly downhill after the 4th sister randomly appeared, maybe even before then. It used to be a pretty good show though- I still watch the old eps on TNT when they're on.

Xenan
September 27th, 2004, 12:48 AM
They made some mistakes in killing Cole though. By that time he was an avatar and hence outside of time. So he would never have been effected by the sisters killing balthazor

Manic
September 27th, 2004, 07:39 PM
About killing Cole...

I think, although Cole could've remained an Avatar and existed outside of time, he emerged himself into the timeline he created. If he existed outside of time, he would've simply watched events unfold as an onlooker; watching himself from that reality, rather than interacting with it. When Avatar-Cole chose to interact with that reality by physically becoming its Cole, he temporarily forfeit all of his avatar powers and became killable

I hope that made sense.

Elwe Singollo
September 27th, 2004, 08:43 PM
The recent Charmed episode, w/ 'another' person/demon/etc trying to get the baby, but this time, they 'actually' put a twist to it this time, which is another predictable event, especially once we see Charisma's character, "the seer", shows whos after the baby Wyatt. I was just annoyed.

Xenan
September 28th, 2004, 02:52 AM
About killing Cole...

I think, although Cole could've remained an Avatar and existed outside of time, he emerged himself into the timeline he created. If he existed outside of time, he would've simply watched events unfold as an onlooker; watching himself from that reality, rather than interacting with it. When Avatar-Cole chose to interact with that reality by physically becoming its Cole, he temporarily forfeit all of his avatar powers and became killable

I hope that made sense.

It does make sense but
as avatar he could have kept his powers, I see no reason for him to give up his powers. He could have just taken Balthazors place instead of merging with him

Elwe Singollo
September 28th, 2004, 01:16 PM
That whole thing is all mest up in my opinion, it was also a stupid way to get Cole out.

Xenan
September 28th, 2004, 11:52 PM
I agree, they should have just let him become an avatar and stopped there. So that he could come back and do a guest role someday :(

trinity1013
September 29th, 2004, 12:17 AM
I used to watch. The show had potential, but rather then build on it the show got increasingly irrational, silly and boring. I finally gave up watching shortly after they magically (no pun intended) pulled a fourth sister out of a nearby convenient hat.
The absolute same with me. I really liked the dynamics with Shannon Doherty there, whereas this strange Marilyn-Manson-girlfriend just annoyed me. Haven't watched more than 5 minutes (altogether) ever since, the last thing I caught was Phoebe as a mermaid... that was enough to change the channel once and for all.

I never watched Angel (can't stand David Boreanaz), but really liked Buffy from season 4 onwards. I'd say story-telling was better on Buffy than on Charmed, but I never warmed to many of the Buffy characters, whereas I really liked Prue, Piper and Cole.

At present it's only reedeming values is the babe-age factor provided by Alyssa Milano and the fact that it's set in SF (my favorite city).
Alyssa Milano is one of the things that annoyed me most as the show went on and especially the way her character reacted to the death of her sister... that was not well done, IMO. They also did something very wrong with her hair. :D

michelleb
September 29th, 2004, 04:20 AM
actually, i like paige a lot better then i liked prue..i think shannon doherty gets on my nerves, whereas there's something vulnerable and sweet about paige. i'm a fervent leo/piper shipper, so keeping them apart is annoying me intensely, and i was a phoebe/cole shipper...but that went out the window. now i don't like any of jphoebe's boyfriends, and i still don't like chris. julain mcmahon said it was wierd being on Charmed, one minute you're doing something silly, and the next minute you're into this intense, heavily emotional scene. that's what i like about it, the silliness, plus the very strong emotions. these girls really behave like girly girl, with sexy outfits, and giggling, and silly jokes and so on, then the next minute, they're saving the world again (if the world doesn't start giving me some respect, i'm gonna stop saving it every week...phoebe). it's not something i watch obsessivly, nor bu dvd's for not write fanfic for, but it's fun. it's my TV chocolate

ibwolf
September 29th, 2004, 05:08 AM
The absolute same with me. I really liked the dynamics with Shannon Doherty there, whereas this strange Marilyn-Manson-girlfriend just annoyed me. Haven't watched more than 5 minutes (altogether) ever since, the last thing I caught was Phoebe as a mermaid... that was enough to change the channel once and for all.
Funnily enough, the episode with Phoebe as a mermaid was also the last one I've seen (partially of course).

I never watched Angel (can't stand David Boreanaz), but really liked Buffy from season 4 onwards. I'd say story-telling was better on Buffy than on Charmed, but I never warmed to many of the Buffy characters, whereas I really liked Prue, Piper and Cole.
For me, Buffy went downhill S4 and onward where as Angel started strong and got better. This is despite the fact that I don't particularily care for David Boreanaz either, and was actually happy that he was leaving Buffy and resisted watching Angel initially. Go figure.

Alyssa Milano is one of the things that annoyed me most as the show went on and especially the way her character reacted to the death of her sister... that was not well done, IMO. They also did something very wrong with her hair. :D
Trust me, I wasn't looking at her hair :rolleyes:

Slainey
September 29th, 2004, 05:54 AM
Maybe my expectations are lower but this season has seemed a lot better. I missed the Lady Godiva epi but Alyssa seems to be wearing more clothing. There's more sisterly interaction. Leo's desperation has been interesting to watch.

michelleb
September 29th, 2004, 06:01 AM
why is leo desperate? (poor leo)

Xenan
September 29th, 2004, 06:12 AM
Maybe my expectations are lower but this season has seemed a lot better. I missed the Lady Godiva epi but Alyssa seems to be wearing more clothing. There's more sisterly interaction. Leo's desperation has been interesting to watch.

Well she wasn't wearing much in the Lady Godiva ep :D

As for Leo's despiration, I don't see how Barbas could effect an Elder, they are way above him

FieryHands
September 29th, 2004, 12:57 PM
these girls really behave like girly girl, with sexy outfits, and giggling, and silly jokes and so on, then the next minute, they're saving the world again

Actually, I think this is what initially turned me off the show; I don't like girly girl characters. I can't relate to them and I *rarely* like them. I think also the whole trying to fight evil in clothes that look like they might fall off if the sisters moved too fast didn't help. Now characters who wear black leather... :D

Fact is, for me, if there's no male characters in a show I like (none of the males on Charmed ever appealed, even though I love JM on Nip/Tuck), I'm probably not going to watch. I'm totally biased in that respect.

Elwe Singollo
September 29th, 2004, 12:59 PM
Well she wasn't wearing much in the Lady Godiva ep :D

As for Leo's despiration, I don't see how Barbas could effect an Elder, they are way above himYah whats up with that? The whole 'Barbas' always comming back is also annoying...

Sam fan
September 29th, 2004, 02:19 PM
Yah whats up with that? The whole 'Barbas' always comming back is also annoying...
Agreed- he annoys me- he was good in Sympathy for the demon but at the same time- enough's enough- also I know people were saying they were annoyed about how Cole was killed off- I thnk they could've made it a little bit sadder- but i've just seen Julian in Nip-tuck and he's getting to do a much greater variety- actually reduced me to tears tonight (i know I'm a sissy)

Elwe Singollo
September 29th, 2004, 03:35 PM
Agreed- he annoys me- he was good in Sympathy for the demon but at the same time- enough's enough- also I know people were saying they were annoyed about how Cole was killed off- I thnk they could've made it a little bit sadder- but i've just seen Julian in Nip-tuck and he's getting to do a much greater variety- actually reduced me to tears tonight (i know I'm a sissy)Yah, at first Cole was ok, being invincible and everything, but wanting to die newho, until being offered to be an avatar and all, he turned, 'un ok' haha, they made his character evil, and i just didn't like that, bouncing from good to evil. An example, would probably be back in Season 5, right after Pheobe turned back to human after being turned into a mermaid, it seemed like he was good now... then bam, hes not nemore in the next few episodes... Oh well, maybe its just me seeing that. Yes, the nip/tuck episode was pretty dramatic, and depressing, especially with JM's character, hiv scare :eek: we actually got to see kimber and the woman who told him about having hiv be nice, which was nice.

Manic
September 29th, 2004, 06:37 PM
Ah, character ranting...

I actually like Paige. She's the youngest sister, and and they made sure her personality was nothing like Prue's. When Paige came into the show, you saw the sister heirarchy shift. Paige was the young hipster, and you saw Phoebe finally grow up. I can't honestly say who I liked better (between Prue and Paige), because they're nothing alike.

I've always supported Leo and Piper's relationship. I'm not a shipper, but it's a little upsetting that they've fallen apart; especially since they can still call Leo up at anytime. I guess Chris is partially to blame. He's been driving Leo away this whole time, and he specifically traveled back in time to the point when Leo was becoming an Elder.

And I was getting sick and tired of Chris' secret not being revealed. From the very beginning, I knew he was one of their kids. Although, honestly, I thought he was Paige's son. He seems very attached to her. But since they revealed he was Piper's second son, we've had to constantly deal with his daddy issues, and his jealousy of Wyatt. Granted, I'd be a tad jealous if every member of my family practically worshipped the "blessed child" who took over the world and became evil; meanwhile, Chris gets left in the dust by his own father. Wyatt could do it all. What's Chris' power, anyway? Prue's?

I have to admit, though; when Cole died, I thought it wasn't a moment too soon. As fun as it was to watch his invincibility fight with Piper in one episode, his character had just been written into a dead end. There was nowhere for him to go, except death.

Ack, and then there's Phoebe. Marry the source of all evil and nearly give birth to the anti-wyatt, and she goes completely insane. There's no happy ending for her. That's it, Phoebe. Game over, Pheeb, game over!

Elwe Singollo
September 29th, 2004, 08:57 PM
I have to admit, though; when Cole died, I thought it wasn't a moment too soon. As fun as it was to watch his invincibility fight with Piper in one episode, his character had just been written into a dead end. There was nowhere for him to go, except death.
Thats one of the rare moments i actually liked in S5, but then changed the channel afterwards unfortunately.

SecretArt
October 2nd, 2004, 10:01 AM
i must admit i'm one of the people that actually prefers Paige to Prue, (i can't explain it but something about Prue really annoys me, possibly the fact that to me she appeared very controlling).
However i also feel that charmed has started going down hill since season five as all the good stories were done before then, and afterwards they have been struggling to come up with anything new and different so they go for anything they can think up rather then just the good ideas (for all we know, the eps from season five onwards could have been the ep rejects from the earlier seasons and they have only just become desperate enough to use them).

i still watch charmed, just because since Buffy and Angel finished, it's the only supernatural drama i've found that has actually survived past the first seaon or two.

But this is all just my opinion.

Elwe Singollo
October 2nd, 2004, 11:22 AM
i must admit i'm one of the people that actually prefers Paige to Prue, (i can't explain it but something about Prue really annoys me, possibly the fact that to me she appeared very controlling).
However i also feel that charmed has started going down hill since season five as all the good stories were done before then, and afterwards they have been struggling to come up with anything new and different so they go for anything they can think up rather then just the good ideas (for all we know, the eps from season five onwards could have been the ep rejects from the earlier seasons and they have only just become desperate enough to use them).

i still watch charmed, just because since Buffy and Angel finished, it's the only supernatural drama i've found that has actually survived past the first seaon or two.

But this is all just my opinion.U can turn to cartoons :rolleyes: Haha, but that wouldn't work for me, haha...

trinity1013
October 4th, 2004, 01:27 AM
Funnily enough, the episode with Phoebe as a mermaid was also the last one I've seen (partially of course).
That's kinda weird, you're right. Then again, it doesn't surprise me that that storyline put off a lot of people.

For me, Buffy went downhill S4 and onward where as Angel started strong and got better. This is despite the fact that I don't particularily care for David Boreanaz either, and was actually happy that he was leaving Buffy and resisted watching Angel initially. Go figure.
I'm pretty consistent, so once I set my mind to not watching a show, I don't do it most of the time. Which was the case with "Angel". I might have started watching for the sake of James Marsters/Spike, but now it's pointless anyway.

Trust me, I wasn't looking at her hair :rolleyes:
When she was a mermaid, I wasn't either! :D But when she was dressed, the hair was horrible - my mom's a hairstylist and kept screaming "What did they do to her hair? She used to be so pretty!". ;)

greytop
October 4th, 2004, 06:28 AM
I am just getting into Charmed. Does anyone know if they have the seasons out on DVD?

ibwolf
October 4th, 2004, 07:18 AM
I am just getting into Charmed. Does anyone know if they have the seasons out on DVD?
According to tvshowsondvd.com (http://tvshowsondvd.com) the show is set to make it's DVD debut in late 2005. This is due to contractual issues.

News about Charmed on TvShowsOnDvd.com (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/shownews.cfm?ShowID=86)

Also Amazon.com has a product page for it where you can sign up for a notification for when it is released here (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005JLFB/qid%3D1096904490/sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/103-9930696-2817410).

Edit: I should add that the website quoted above is the best source for info on any TV show on DVD in region 1, bar none.

Elwe Singollo
October 4th, 2004, 10:00 AM
Ok, now no one can say Charmed is trying to be original anymore... Anyone see that episode last night? I was a bit dissapointed... But i'll watch next week looking forward to Charisma Carpenter :)

Xenan
October 6th, 2004, 08:46 AM
Charisma's apperance wasn't anything special IMO, the ep was okay but predictable

Elwe Singollo
October 6th, 2004, 01:46 PM
Charisma's apperance wasn't anything special IMO, the ep was okay but predictable Her appearence wasn't special to the show, but it was special for me because Charisma was in it, haha...

Xenan
October 13th, 2004, 07:00 AM
Since when are all demons in charmed invulnerable for Pipers blow up power?

In the beginning only the Source, Cole and a few high level demons didn't blow up, now almost everyone can stand to fight an other day :blink:

greytop
October 13th, 2004, 08:18 AM
[QUOTE=greytop]I am just getting into Charmed.[/OUOTE]
I watch it in the US on a cable channel. It comes on two different times a day with two different show.

But the question I have to ask is, how did Prue Die? You do not have to give away the show for it.

Sam fan
October 13th, 2004, 08:21 AM
I've just watched Astral monkey which I think is one of the best eps- just behind Charmeed again and All hell breaks loose. I know alot of you think it's not great but i think it's classs! I know they've changed the format of the show but i still love it and i'm reminded how much when I watch eps like Astral mokey! Wierd name but quality acting from Holly- Piper.

trinity1013
October 14th, 2004, 12:41 AM
Wierd name but quality acting from Holly- Piper.
I never questioned Holly Marie Combs' acting skills, neither did I question Shannon Doherty's. It's Alyssa Milano, Rose McGowan and the storylines of the later eps I've got tremendous problems with.

CultTVGirl
October 14th, 2004, 01:27 AM

I prefer Paige too. I was a huge Rose McGowan fan before she joined Charmed so I was really pleased when she replaced Shannen Doherty. Don't get me wrong, I liked Pru, but I think Paige brought a freshness to the show and jazzed it up a bit. I prefer the later seasons of the show, with Paige on board, to the Pru years.

I really enjoyed season seven and really liked Chris, so I'm a bit annoyed that he won't be back next year as a regular on the show. Still, isn't Kerr Smith joining the show for season eight? That should be good! :D

Oh, and in case anyone didn't know, a new official Charmed magazine has just been released. Details can be found at the Titan Magazines (http://www.titanmagazines.com/ukcharmed.html) website. I've got the first issue and it's definitely value for money!

Kliggins
October 14th, 2004, 01:43 AM
Okay, this is going to be a catty post, so be forewarned. I apologize in advance to anyone who is offended. :D

I have seen all of the episodes through season five and some from last year. I want to know how many tattoos is Alyssa Milano going to get before she runs out of body?

I have no problems with tattoos, I swear, but c'mon enough is enough.

trinity1013
October 14th, 2004, 02:54 AM
I want to know how many tattoos is Alyssa Milano going to get before she runs out of body?
Perhaps she'll just have to gain weight then... ;)

Xenan
October 14th, 2004, 09:43 AM
I have no problems with tattoos, I swear, but c'mon enough is enough.

I agree, she has to many and for some reason she always wants us to see them all :S

Elwe Singollo
October 14th, 2004, 07:38 PM
Yah, it kinda distracts me away from the show, although there isn't too much to watch except skin :rolleyes: At least they aren't trying to cover them up anymore with make-up that hardly covered them, i laughed everytime i saw an 'attempt' on covering a tatoo. ;)

Jane
October 24th, 2004, 07:09 AM
I love charmed, i just got into it not long ago, but now i'm addicted. LOL. I like them all but ma fav is Prue :D.

Elwe Singollo
October 24th, 2004, 12:47 PM
I love charmed, i just got into it not long ago, but now i'm addicted. LOL. I like them all but ma fav is Prue :D.Wah, i started to dislike the show after the middle of the 4th season, but every now and then, episodes are ok :) Prue was/is my favorite too :)

Xenan
October 27th, 2004, 05:56 AM
Me likes where this is going, this would be a good moment to bring Cole back (as a guest appearance, should be to difficult). Afterall he is an avatar, and there were a few irregularities when they killed him off, so maybe... :D

Elwe Singollo
October 27th, 2004, 03:44 PM
Oh no, keep Cole off, i for one would get annoyed if they brought him back alive... 'again', i mean, at least in BtVS, Buffy died only twice, and it was significant, the way they killed off Cole was retarded, showing that it was possible for any demon to do what he did, but the Charmed writers love to write demons stupid :rolleyes:

Xenan
October 28th, 2004, 05:36 AM
I liked the character so I wouldn't mind him coming back.
And he only died once and came back so he has one more to go :D

Elwe Singollo
October 28th, 2004, 06:40 AM
I liked the character so I wouldn't mind him coming back.
And he only died once and came back so he has one more to go :DI said he died twice because the first time, he died and went to that one place, and got some other demon's powers, and the second time when he turned into an avatar then again died. :) I didn't hate his character, its just the way he was dealt with at the end that annoys me.

Sam fan
October 28th, 2004, 07:08 AM
I think they should leave Cole where he is bringing him back would be too much. I think the way they killed him was pants but at the same time he's gone and if he came back again it'd be like- "okaaaaaay, so they vanquished him but he can still come back?"

Elwe Singollo
October 28th, 2004, 07:11 AM
oh gosh, that word... 'vanquish', ahh hate it, haha... Newho, i thought it would have been better if they just made Cole be less Pheobe-obbsessed, and just move on to his Avatar life, but no... But the thing i don't get, if he could get powers when he died the first time from the demons that "went to that place where demons go after death" :rolleyes: why can't he do it again, unless i forgot a scene saying that it was forbidden to do it a second time, heh, that makes me laugh.

And omg, don't get me started on the 'so called' Elders of Charmed, they are useless, and are only there to be annoying!!!

Xenan
October 28th, 2004, 07:32 AM
I don't see how he can be dead, the avatar told him that he alone could turn everything back the way it was, that implies avatar powers, which implies immortality, so he could never have been vanquished.

And I agree with the elders comment.

What I don't get though is why the avatars want more power? They can't be vanquished. And why are going after Leo, he is no where near as powerful as Cole was. Even baby Wyat is stronger than Leo.

Elwe Singollo
October 28th, 2004, 07:47 AM
I think thats why after season 3 or so, the show's writer got too cocky, and did some stuff that just don't add up, and to cover that up, they use Leo to tell them that things have changed, such as the Cleaners, they are neutral, but all of a sudden they are becomming lazy, and not cleaning up things, haha, and i'm still a bit confused on why they didn't come back in S3 when Prue died, did they ever mention that, plz do tell me, because me wants to know :)

Elwe Singollo
October 31st, 2004, 07:25 PM
Ok i have given up on Charmed from now on, this whole season is just a rip-off of S7 of Buffy, ok obviously some stuff are different, but 'something is comming more powerful than before', 'a main character being corrupted by evil', im finished... Anywho, one thing that i did like, well nvm, i'm not sure yet.

Jane
November 1st, 2004, 10:12 AM
I miss Prue :( lol, I hope she comes back, just as a ghost or something. but it probably won't happen. :rolleyes:

Sam fan
November 2nd, 2004, 01:22 PM
I miss Prue :( lol, I hope she comes back, just as a ghost or something. but it probably won't happen. :rolleyes:

I kinda miss pRue too- but she' wouldn't come back Shannen Doherty ended on bad terms with Alyssa Milano and Aaronn Spelling and afterwards dissed teh show alot so i doubt she would swallow her pride and come back after all she's said. I thinkit would be cool for her to come back- it really ruined it for me when i found out alyssa and shannen hated each other that ruined it for me for a while.

As for Cole- the reason time went back was because Cole (who was teh only one who could turn back time) died and his grasp over time obviously stopped and sent Paige back to her time. I don't want Cole to come back, he had to moch of a hold over Phoebe and as much as i really liked him in season 3 + some of four i didn't like him being evil- he kind of annoyed me.

Elwe Singollo
November 2nd, 2004, 01:55 PM
I think now, Shannon doesn't even care about Charmed anymore, which i don't mind, because i'm still a fan, and in plus, she said she thinks Rose is doing a great job on charmed, so at least shes nice about that :)

Vapor
November 2nd, 2004, 02:04 PM
My two cents on Charmed.

The fourth sister gag was only done because of Shannen Doherty leaving (sorry to any die-hard fans of hers, but I say good riddance) the show, and I was actually okay with this. Personally, it gave the show a lot of new life, and I didn't have a problem with it.

The worst thing was when they killed Cole. I don't know if that was Julian McMahon or the producers, but I didn't like that very much. Especially seeing as how it almost felt like they didn't have ANYTHING left to do, storywise, after that for a long, long time. Then came the "take every last fairy tale you could ever think of and turn it into a story" phase, which I wasn't too jazzed about.

This season though, it seems to be getting a *little* bit more on track. This whole thing with the Avatars is actually interesting. And I really hope that the next love interest Phoebe meets actually sticks around. I mean, honestly, I'm tired of these guys that show up and then, a few weeks down the road, vanish from her life.

I'm hoping this Agent Brody-guy is actually evil though. That'd be a real shocker, but... "Charmed" isn't the type of show to really do much shocking for me, so... not expecting it.

Sam fan
November 3rd, 2004, 12:46 AM
My two cents on Charmed.

The fourth sister gag was only done because of Shannen Doherty leaving (sorry to any die-hard fans of hers, but I say good riddance) the show, and I was actually okay with this. Personally, it gave the show a lot of new life, and I didn't have a problem with it.

The worst thing was when they killed Cole. I don't know if that was Julian McMahon or the producers, but I didn't like that very much. Especially seeing as how it almost felt like they didn't have ANYTHING left to do, storywise, after that for a long, long time. Then came the "take every last fairy tale you could ever think of and turn it into a story" phase, which I wasn't too jazzed about.

This season though, it seems to be getting a *little* bit more on track. This whole thing with the Avatars is actually interesting. And I really hope that the next love interest Phoebe meets actually sticks around. I mean, honestly, I'm tired of these guys that show up and then, a few weeks down the road, vanish from her life.

I'm hoping this Agent Brody-guy is actually evil though. That'd be a real shocker, but... "Charmed" isn't the type of show to really do much shocking for me, so... not expecting it.

Julian decided to leave himslef which really is a shame- where I don't want him back after they killed him I did like Julian alot he's a great actor and now I love him in nip tuck. I haven't seens any of the new series yet but fromwhat I've heard they're amking it much better than the past two-
apparently the reason season 5 sucked so much was because the tv network told the producers that the seasonbefore was too much of a story and people who only watched a few episodes couldn't keep up with the story so they had to make season 5 choppy- so if someone started watching the show half way through the season thy wouldn't have missed anything they owuld've just been able to catch up but this season the producers have decided to make it more of a set storyline for the whole season again which I think is a very good idea.

Elwe Singollo
November 4th, 2004, 11:34 PM
apparently the reason season 5 sucked so much was because the tv network told the producers that the seasonbefore was too much of a story and people who only watched a few episodes couldn't keep up with the story so they had to make season 5 choppy- so if someone started watching the show half way through the season thy wouldn't have missed anything they owuld've just been able to catch up but this season the producers have decided to make it more of a set storyline for the whole season again which I think is a very good idea.Ouch, must have been the wrong time for Angel then, since thats probably one of the reasons why theWB decided to cancel Angel, because of on-going storylines in each episode, which i don't get since the 'previously on Angel...' pretty much helps you in what is relavent to the episode that your about to watch. Since Charmed never used to have, 'Previously on Charmed...' i sometimes (ok me being me, got lost a lot) was lost, haha...

SideNote: The most recent Charmed Episode in ratings got a 2.4/4 in overnights, while some people can argue Halloween may have been a factor, i don't see how that can be since the other shows weren't down by a lot.

ibwolf
November 10th, 2004, 12:18 AM
According to tvshowsondvd.com (http://tvshowsondvd.com) the show is set to make it's DVD debut in late 2005. This is due to contractual issues.

News about Charmed on TvShowsOnDvd.com (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/shownews.cfm?ShowID=86)

A quick update on the above. tvshowsondvd.com (http://tvshowsondvd.com) is now reporting that the street date for the first season of Charmed on DVD is February 1, 2005 (see article here (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2417) )

I also found the following tid bit in a bit older story, on the same site, that didn't have the exact street date:

"Paramount planned to get future releases out every three months: February, May, August, November, and so on. We don't know for sure that this is the studio's release plan, but the pattern it represents is very similar to that of other hot TV-on-DVD releases from them, including today's announcement of MacGyver. Stay tuned!"

Looks like Charmed fans will have to start saving up :)

CultTVGirl
November 10th, 2004, 07:25 AM
tvshowsondvd.com (http://tvshowsondvd.com) is now reporting that the street date for the first season of Charmed on DVD is February 1, 2005 (see article here (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2417) )

About time Charmed came out on DVD!

I'm so broke right now though. I'd better win the lottery before February. :rolleyes:

Xenan
November 16th, 2004, 07:59 AM
Am I the only one who has the deja-vu feeling.

First Cole becomes an avatar, and uses his powers to get phoebe back, now Leo becomes an avatar to get Piper back.

Vapor
November 16th, 2004, 01:19 PM
I still say it would be cool to reveal Agent Brody as evil... Ain't gonna happen though.

Elwe Singollo
November 16th, 2004, 01:26 PM
Since now i have only been watching episodes that seem to be interesting, in which last nights episode wasn't to me, but from what you guys have said, i guess i would get a deja vu feeling as well with Leo and the avatar story. Charmed should sway away from this.

Vapor
November 16th, 2004, 02:14 PM
That last ep didn't look good at all. In fact, it looked downright annoying. But once we got halfway through, it got better to me, and the stupid film noir thing didn't feel so... well, stupid anymore.

Elwe Singollo
November 16th, 2004, 02:37 PM
It kind of reminded me of Sky Captain, although that was color, i don't know why, haha...

Asgard Buddy
November 16th, 2004, 03:39 PM
As sketchy as the Avatars seem I'm still open to the idea that they're not evil (but not exactly good either). I think it would be way too predictable for Leo to get all dark and evil especially with the Cole parallel that people have already mentioned.

Although, if they move the story towards a place without good or evil then where would the sisters fit in?

Elwe Singollo
November 16th, 2004, 04:43 PM
I've always thought the Avatars were the 'good/bad' kind of like the Cleaners, which i think was a stupid idea to introduce so late in the series, which i think the same for the Avatars.

Xenan
November 16th, 2004, 10:58 PM
I still don't see why they needed Leo, he obviously isn't as strong as Cole was (he got sucked into the nexus and came back two seconds later, Leo can't even withstand the book without help).

Sam fan
November 17th, 2004, 04:53 AM
leo being evil owuld be a really stupid thing to do- the whole point of him is that he's an angel he's a good guy. I think he'll just struggle with being so powerful and then be all happy again- hopefully as much as i like Leo this whole Whiney thing is starting to get annoying.

Elwe Singollo
November 17th, 2004, 02:34 PM
leo being evil owuld be a really stupid thing to do- the whole point of him is that he's an angel he's a good guy. I think he'll just struggle with being so powerful and then be all happy again- hopefully as much as i like Leo this whole Whiney thing is starting to get annoying.I agree, i miss the old Leo back in Season 1-3 :( But not, he has evolved into a child.

ibwolf
November 18th, 2004, 05:46 AM
Tv shows on DVD (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2465) have reported that the below is the cover art of the first season.

http://hi.is/~kristsi/wolf/Charmed_S1.jpg

Also you can preorder the set from Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0006IUE16/tvshowsondvdcom) for $34.99 (release date Febuary, 1st as noted earlier in the thread).

Sam fan
November 18th, 2004, 12:57 PM
Sounds cool- but I really can't wait for 2,3,4 and 6 I missed alot of 6 and the other three were just amazing seasons I loved teh way the dealt with Prue's death they could've made Phoebe a bit sadder tho- I loved Piper' reaction!

Elwe Singollo
November 18th, 2004, 01:03 PM
Sounds cool- but I really can't wait for 2,3,4 and 6 I missed alot of 6 and the other three were just amazing seasons I loved teh way the dealt with Prue's death they could've made Phoebe a bit sadder tho- I loved Piper' reaction!The only part that i actually liked about their way of dealing with Prue's death was the constant grief Piper showed. I'm not saying i like grief, but it was natural, unlike Pheobe's character, i'm not sure if its the way it was written, or AM's acting, but i just wasn't 'wooed'.

Sam fan
November 18th, 2004, 01:09 PM
The only part that i actually liked about their way of dealing with Prue's death was the constant grief Piper showed. I'm not saying i like grief, but it was natural, unlike Pheobe's character, i'm not sure if its the way it was written, or AM's acting, but i just wasn't 'wooed'.

I Totally agree I loev Alyssa Milano but i hated teh way Pheoeb dealt with Prue's death there were two crying scsnes from her and that was it- Piper however her grief was always there- niggling at her, Holly Marie Combs was amazing!! Especially in Hell Hath No Fury at Prue's grave. I just loved the way they really showed Piper dealing with Prues death. It amde Piper a much more rounded caracter and the funeral scene si just sooo sad- again because of Holly when she's crying into Leo that is soooo sad and when she's struggling to come to terms with Paige being around- terrific acting from HMC and I wish they'd given Am the chance to grieve for Prue too.

Elwe Singollo
November 18th, 2004, 01:24 PM
The other part i liked about that episode was pretty much... well i'm not sure yet, all i remember is crying, and lots of it, haha. Pretty much, hmc is the only actress i like on the show, haha... Anywho, Charisma Carpenter!!!

is she going to die?!?! oh well, i'm annoyed of her character on the show. haha...

Sam fan
November 18th, 2004, 01:42 PM
I haven't seen her o it all i ever see in pics are her- uh assetts? I don't think I'll like her, i just think she's not charmed enough?
Rose had a really hard job being Piage but I think she did a great job, I love alyssa doingcomedy and Holly is amazing all the way round.

Elwe Singollo
November 18th, 2004, 03:56 PM
I haven't seen her o it all i ever see in pics are her- uh assetts? I don't think I'll like her, i just think she's not charmed enough?
Rose had a really hard job being Piage but I think she did a great job, I love alyssa doingcomedy and Holly is amazing all the way round.Heh, not hot enough for Charmed, i would say that Charmed is not hot enough for Charisma, haha... But i would prefer that she didn't guest star on Charmed, because her character is stupid, and your right, (i'm assuming u haven't seen the episodes with her in it), you won't like her.

BeaC
November 19th, 2004, 12:40 PM
Am I the only one who has the deja-vu feeling.

First Cole becomes an avatar, and uses his powers to get phoebe back, now Leo becomes an avatar to get Piper back.
That's what I was thinking as well. I don't like it, because it has beend one before...The season looks good so far though. I hope they don't mess it up.

Elwe Singollo
November 19th, 2004, 06:12 PM
That's what I was thinking as well. I don't like it, because it has beend one before...The season looks good so far though. I hope they don't mess it up.I kind of agree on this season being better, but so far all i've seen is people turning in to other things (ex. Lady Gadiva, Leo turning into an Avatar, sisters turning into little children `emotionally`, and Piper turning into Death) I'm not too fond of that continuuing formula. Also, is it me, or is anyone else getting annoyed of one of the Charmed Ones saying something about attempting to get a normal, or as normal life if possible, why can't the writers just make them finally accept that it'll never be normal unless they turn into normal people. Saying over and over that wanting a normal life isn't drama, its annoying, well to me at least. Enough of my ranting :rolleyes:

FieryHands
November 19th, 2004, 07:59 PM
Also, is it me, or is anyone else getting annoyed of one of the Charmed Ones saying something about attempting to get a normal, or as normal life if possible, why can't the writers just make them finally accept that it'll never be normal unless they turn into normal people. Saying over and over that wanting a normal life isn't drama, its annoying, well to me at least. :rolleyes:

Just about any show featuring some character with some sort of power will run into this problem and yes, it is very annoying. Buffy eventually stopped complaining and just accepted it, and Angel just sat around brooding which is better than whining. I guess the point is that its a metaphor for feeling like an outsider in society or whatever so the audience can relate, but anything that is too repetitive in a show will start to grate after a while no matter how enjoyable the show is.

Sam fan
November 20th, 2004, 02:22 PM
Just about any show featuring some character with some sort of power will run into this problem and yes, it is very annoying. Buffy eventually stopped complaining and just accepted it, and Angel just sat around brooding which is better than whining. I guess the point is that its a metaphor for feeling like an outsider in society or whatever so the audience can relate, but anything that is too repetitive in a show will start to grate after a while no matter how enjoyable the show is.

That was the one thing that used to annoy me about Piper the fact that she wanted a normal life all the time every second sentence was normal life this- normal life that.

Apparently the rating for this season has been pretty poor. I'm starting to think this season of Charmed may be the last. Holly is wanting to spend more time with her baby which is totally understandable- he's such a cute lil thing.

Elwe Singollo
November 20th, 2004, 03:27 PM
That was the one thing that used to annoy me about Piper the fact that she wanted a normal life all the time every second sentence was normal life this- normal life that.

Apparently the rating for this season has been pretty poor. I'm starting to think this season of Charmed may be the last. Holly is wanting to spend more time with her baby which is totally understandable- he's such a cute lil thing.Seeing that the ratings are going lower and staying there, with its budget, its too expensive (one out of many reasons why Angel was cancelled, even after the budget cut)

Yes, that baby is really cute, hahah.

Vapor
November 22nd, 2004, 08:49 AM
So "Charmed" is finally getting close to cancellation, huh?... Well, even though I watch the show, I honestly almost feel okay with this news. I just was not happy that they canned "Angel" without giving them the chance to give it a true ending, while "Charmed," imo, a lesser show (in every thinkable respect) was kept on. Insanity...

aAnubiSs
November 22nd, 2004, 09:14 AM
Canceling Angel was their biggest mistake ever. (Buffy being no.2)

Sam fan
November 22nd, 2004, 09:47 AM
Canceling Angel was their biggest mistake ever. (Buffy being no.2)

I've heard alot of angel fans saying that- I didn't really watch it alot but it seemed decent enough. I think it would be a shame to cancel Charmed- I'd really like SD back just for the last ever ep tho.

Elwe Singollo
November 22nd, 2004, 01:45 PM
I've heard alot of angel fans saying that- I didn't really watch it alot but it seemed decent enough. I think it would be a shame to cancel Charmed- I'd really like SD back just for the last ever ep tho.This year's ratings for Charmed should be more than enough of reason to cancel Angel, because the WB practically did that samething for Angel, because it wasn't gaining anymore viewers, but at least it wasn't loosing any! But anyway, yes, mabye a SD would cheer me up if she did an episode :)

Sam fan
November 22nd, 2004, 01:50 PM
I know it will never happen but I think that would be my ideal ending, she appears over sleeping Chris and Wyatt and is all emotional just as Piper walks in. Later theres a scene with all four of them hugging!!! It would be sooo cute!!! Loads of crying and so on!YAY!

Elwe Singollo
November 22nd, 2004, 01:55 PM
I think showing a picture of her (the most recent of Prue, before she died) would even make me happy, happy enough to forgive the show for being mean to me, haha, but thats not gonna happen :rolleyes:

Sam fan
November 22nd, 2004, 01:57 PM
Oh no it's totally not going to happen no-one on the show would swallow their pride and I'm pretty sure they'd all kill each other before filming her scene. lol!

Elwe Singollo
November 22nd, 2004, 08:14 PM
Oh no it's totally not going to happen no-one on the show would swallow their pride and I'm pretty sure they'd all kill each other before filming her scene. lol!Hehe, i don't think SD cares about Charmed anymore, which i like, because if she stayed attached to that show, it would just be pathetic of her, haha...

Elwe Singollo
November 22nd, 2004, 10:07 PM
Also, just wanted to point out the ratings for recent episodes from zap2it.com:

11/21/04 - 2.3/3
11/15/04 - 2.5/4
11/8/04 - 2.9/4 (Lotr: Fotr pt1)

Ok... obviously, Charmed is doing worst than Angel did in its 4th season, or is heading that way.

Sam fan
November 25th, 2004, 03:02 PM
Also, just wanted to point out the ratings for recent episodes from zap2it.com:

11/21/04 - 2.3/3
11/15/04 - 2.5/4
11/8/04 - 2.9/4 (Lotr: Fotr pt1)

Ok... obviously, Charmed is doing worst than Angel did in its 4th season, or is heading that way.

That really sucks! I don't knwo what good ratings would be classed as but I just think it's such a shame that as they're finally getting good again after 2 bad-ish seasons they're not getting the ratings.

Elwe Singollo
November 25th, 2004, 11:58 PM
That really sucks! I don't knwo what good ratings would be classed as but I just think it's such a shame that as they're finally getting good again after 2 bad-ish seasons they're not getting the ratings.O, just don't look at the ratings, haha, i'm sure you'll enjoy the season much much better if you just ignore them without the fear inside about cancellation. :)

Sam fan
November 28th, 2004, 04:47 AM
O, just don't look at the ratings, haha, i'm sure you'll enjoy the season much much better if you just ignore them without the fear inside about cancellation. :)

I agree with you. It's better to focus on what's going on not what may go on.

So what's everyone's favourite episode?

Elwe Singollo
November 28th, 2004, 11:42 AM
I agree with you. It's better to focus on what's going on not what may go on.

So what's everyone's favourite episode?Lemme dig up the past... Haha... Hmmm... I don't know! Probably one of the early episodes in S1 or S3, those were pretty good :)

Elwe Singollo
November 28th, 2004, 10:12 PM
Since tonights (or latest episode) of Charmed had Charisma, i actually attempted to watch it :) By the way, didn't like how it ended up.

Trying to make us think that Charisma's character wouldn't die? Haha, that was funny, that was almost as predictable as when someone says the word avatar, and Brody comes out of nowhere and annoyes us about how the avatars killed his parents.

I was a bit mad! Although i liked the little bond between Pheobe and her :)

Shipperahoy
November 28th, 2004, 10:28 PM
Spoilers for tonight's episode.

I'm not a big Charmed fan and have only watched it intermittently when there's nothing else on but I made a point of watching it tonight because I'm a fan of Charisma Carpenter. I really wish that I hadn't. I enjoyed Charisma's performance and I too liked the bond her and Pheobe developed but they just had to go and kill her off. They could have done some really interesting stuff with her character and they would have had me for a viewer if they had at least kept her as recurring but they had to go and blow. I do realize that I am one lone person and my lack of viewership isn't going to do squat but it still bugs me.

Elwe Singollo
November 29th, 2004, 07:05 PM
Ooo- I remember now, i liked Charisma's name on Charmed, 'Kyra' :) Was anyone else annoyed with Paige, not only her character in the episode, but her acting, it seemed like she was loosing breath when trying to get her point across, especially in the last scene we see her in the episode, oh yah, one more thing about Paige, can someone say Pale, i know shes usually pale, but it seemed unusual. Ahh, is anyone else get the feeling Charmed is going towards the Jasmine'ish story on Angel, how it won't be all that great, and blah blah blah?

Vapor
November 30th, 2004, 08:26 AM
Hey, I loved the Jasmine story!

Now, personally, I think this was the best "Charmed" episode all season. "Kyra" was great, and I thought they did a great job with her bond with Phoebe, and setting her up as being such a hopeful character, and then killing her at the last second. I actually liked that. It makes us hate this Zenkou-guy more. Hopefully, he'll be sticking around till the end of the season.

This ep has really gotten my hopes up for the show. It's getting pretty good now, I think. Just don't turn the Charmed Ones into sex-goddesses and it's all good.

Elwe Singollo
November 30th, 2004, 01:14 PM
Hey, I loved the Jasmine story!

This ep has really gotten my hopes up for the show. It's getting pretty good now, I think. Just don't turn the Charmed Ones into sex-goddesses and it's all good.I loved the storyline too!!! Haha...

Well, i don't know, they do brag on the show that they have been turned into many things, maybe sex-goddesses will be one in the future, haha, yah, thats gonna happen :rolleyes:

ibwolf
December 2nd, 2004, 01:43 AM
A quick update on the DVD release. TVShowsOnDVD.com reports that there will be NO extras on the sets. But on the bright side it only costs 35 bucks from Amazon. The only Paramount TV DVDs to have extras so far have been Star Trek, and they cost around 100 bucks apiece. So, all in all, this is easier on the wallet.

Article on tvshowsondvd.com about the extras (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2522)

They also have this (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2496) article which has another (3D) pic of the packaging.

Jolinarsam
December 2nd, 2004, 12:37 PM
Did anyone understand that recent "Blue Moon" ep? spoilers...
Where the sisters turn into wolf monsters during the blue moon. What was that about? They never explained the reason for the Charmed Ones turning into wolves. It was just senseless. They must have been desperate for a story like you guys were saying.

But even then they usually expain why things happen. What would be the reason for 3 of the most powerful good witches turning into monsters once every 50 years or whatever it was? Some sort of curse? It just really bugged me that the main plot point didn't make any sense.

Elwe Singollo
December 4th, 2004, 12:18 PM
A quick update on the DVD release. TVShowsOnDVD.com reports that there will be NO extras on the sets. But on the bright side it only costs 35 bucks from Amazon. The only Paramount TV DVDs to have extras so far have been Star Trek, and they cost around 100 bucks apiece. So, all in all, this is easier on the wallet.

Article on tvshowsondvd.com about the extras (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2522)

They also have this (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2496) article which has another (3D) pic of the packaging.35 dollars? Not even trailers from theWB? When Buffy Dvd's came out it was about 50 dollars, and it at least had a few extras, photo gallery, trailers, dvd preview of the next Dvd comming out.