• Show
Clear All

Ori ships powerful or junk?

Yay or Nah

We already had a thread on this. GOOD JOB USING THE SEARCH FUNCTION

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
      Yay or Nah
      Watch 'Camelot' & you'll know they are they are uber powerful.

Virtually nothing can stop them when shields are raised other than the Asgard weapon that was given to the Odyssey.

It took all the Drones in the Antartic outpost & a ZPM to fight off a single ship. Yet the same technology wiped out the entire fleret of Anubis which was over 30 ships.

The simple answer is they are very powerful. The only weakness is the fluctuation that occurs inside their ships shields. If they could sort that out & adapt to the Asgard weapons they'd be unstoppable!

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
        Watch 'Camelot' & you'll know they are they are uber powerful.

Virtually nothing can stop them when shields are raised other than the Asgard weapon that was given to the Odyssey.

It took all the Drones in the Antartic outpost & a ZPM to fight off a single ship. Yet the same technology wiped out the entire fleret of Anubis which was over 30 ships.

The simple answer is they are very powerful. The only weakness is the fluctuation that occurs inside their ships shields. If they could sort that out & adapt to the Asgard weapons they'd be unstoppable!
        *sigh* this is bugging me now. In "TRNT", they NEVER said they used all the drones. Nor did they say they completely depleted the ZPM in doing so.

However, I agree 100% with the comment on the Anubis comment.

ALSO: Use the search feature. This thread has been done 100s of times.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
          *sigh* this is bugging me now. In "TRNT", they NEVER said they used all the drones. Nor did they say they completely depleted the ZPM in doing so.

However, I agree 100% with the comment on the Anubis comment.

ALSO: Use the search feature. This thread has been done 100s of times.
          #Double Sigh#

Firstly, I didn't say the ZPM was totally depleted! I said it was DEPLETED! Which it was & that's a fact because they even reference it in the ep! The ZPM was so drained that they couldn't use it to engage the device.

HAMMOND
          One ship. We fought them off with the Ancient chair. The ZPM was nearly depleted in the process.

HAMMOND
          Now it's at Area 51. But it isn't going to do us much good unless we can find a way to power it. And that's where you come in.

CARTER
          Then you know our power calculations are coming up short. The battle with the Ori ships simply taxed the ZPM too much.

Hence the ZPM was useless to them because it was drained far too much!

Secondly, we know the ZPM was severely drained. We also know that a MKII generator can fire dozens of Drones without a problem. In 'The Lost City', they fired 1000's of Drones to drain the ZPM right down to near depletion.

Therefore it must have been a fair amount to drain down a ZPM nearly to depletion considering what we've seen so far. Not to mention, they never went to Atlantis in that reality so didn't ever get resupplied with replacements. They obviously fired all the Drones in the outpost or every one that they could power with the ZPM!

I'm all sighed out now that I need to sleep!

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
            #Double Sigh#

Firstly, I didn't say the ZPM was totally depleted! I said it was DEPLETED! Which it was & that's a fact because they even reference it in the ep! The ZPM was so drained that they couldn't use it to engage the device.

HAMMOND
            One ship. We fought them off with the Ancient chair. The ZPM was nearly depleted in the process.

HAMMOND
            Now it's at Area 51. But it isn't going to do us much good unless we can find a way to power it. And that's where you come in.

CARTER
            Then you know our power calculations are coming up short. The battle with the Ori ships simply taxed the ZPM too much.

Hence the ZPM was useless to them because it was drained far too much!

Secondly, we know the ZPM was severely drained. We also know that a MKII generator can fire dozens of Drones without a problem. In 'The Lost City', they fired 1000's of Drones to drain the ZPM right down to near depletion.

Therefore it must have been a fair amount to drain down a ZPM nearly to depletion considering what we've seen so far. Not to mention, they never went to Atlantis in that reality so didn't ever get resupplied with replacements. They obviously fired all the Drones in the outpost or every one that they could power with the ZPM!

I'm all sighed out now that I need to sleep!
            All speculation... You have no proof that:

- they used all the drones
            - the ZPM was completely depleted (NOTE: when you say something is depleted, you ARE saying it's fully out of juice, regardless of what you meant. Next time say "nearly depleted".)
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

the person is new here, so he/she doesnt know the forum that well yet...

anyone this topic has been done plenty of times......
              sigpic

Comment

The ZPM was not depleted, it was NEARLY so. And even a nearly depleted ZPM still holds incredible power, remember?

Second, we don't know how many drones they used, it could've been 1, it could've been 1000, we have no idea and your speculating saying they used them all. Your using logical fallacies to reach that conclusion. We know that a mark II naq generator gets completely used up FAST firing drones, which means firing drones and powering the chair requires a LOT of power. AND, we don't even know that that ZPM had in it to start with.

But to answer the threads question:

The aurora thread which was similar to this raised the question because we've never seen a fully powered Aurora in action and we had to make theories about what it could do. We've seen plenty of Ori ships in action, and we saw 4 of them destroy a fair sized fleet which included an Asgard mothership. So yes, they are definitely powerful.
                www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Search feature, oops.

Nearly depleted ZPM!

The Ori ships shields are even more powerful than I think anybody thought! Those shields are very nearly impenetrable.

A few drones can destroy anything, until now. Annubis and his fleet was easily destroyed by the drones, while this implies that firing all the drones until nearly depleting the ZPM did not destroy 1 Ori ship. Incredible!

It is doubtful than an Aurora ship can take on a Ori ship, whether or not it is in mint condition. The correlation between shield strength and the color of the shield is unmistakable.
                  Last edited by JSPuddlejumper; 16 July 2007, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
                    Search feature, oops.

Nearly depleted ZPM!

The Ori ships shields are even more powerful than I think anybody thought! Those shields are very nearly impenetrable.

A few drones can destroy anything, until now. Annubis and his fleet was easily destroyed by the drones, while this implies that firing all the drones until nearly depleting the ZPM did not destroy 1 Ori ship. Incredible!

It is doubtful than an Aurora ship can take on a Ori ship, whether or not it is in mint condition. The correlation between shield strength and the color of the shield is unmistakable.
                    Counter time!

- They NEVER said they fired ALL the drones. That's pure speculation.
                    - We have no idea how full THIS ZPM was anyway. For all we know, it only had a little juice in it to begin with, and the firing just drained it to near-entropy. (Remember, this is an AU in which they never explain what the ZPM has been used for so far) Saying it was full to begin with or something is pure speculation (not that you did, just pointing it out).
                    - We don't know if the drones destroyed it or not. The exact line is "fought off", which can mean destroyed or simply repelled. However, the fact that the Ori would have known where the drones were coming from instantly (and could easily destroy the Ancient Outpost from orbit in a matter of second) suggests that they were either destroyed immediately or had to flee within seconds.
                    - As stated in another thread, we have no idea how powerful an Aurora is. However, we have seen one working only on emergency power destroy a hive, and not have its shields fail under fire from a Wraith hive ship. Even under direct, shield-less fire, it sustained hardly any visible damage onscreen (until they cut to the shot of it blowing up, anyway).

Comment

Something else to throw out there : a puddle jumper shield is capable of withstanding a hit from a drone (although that could be interpreted as a glancing blow) and a jumper's power requirements are far less than what an Ori ship can produce (as far as we know).

Comment

Originally posted by YodaMate View Post
                        Something else to throw out there : a puddle jumper shield is capable of withstanding a hit from a drone (although that could be interpreted as a glancing blow) and a jumper's power requirements are far less than what an Ori ship can produce (as far as we know).
                        Watch the episode, it went through the shield and out the other side.

Comment

Originally posted by Penguinarmy View Post
                          Watch the episode, it went through the shield and out the other side.
                          I dunno... I just watched it and consulted a few screen caps... It looks like it just bounced off the shields.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                            I dunno... I just watched it and consulted a few screen caps... It looks like it just bounced off the shields.
                            That's what I thought initially, but It go through one side and out the other

Comment

The Ori ships are junk. Obviously, built by farmers and peasants. The Ori shields, on the other hand, are very nice. Built by Haliburton, run by Microsoft Windows Vista.

Comment

Working...
                              X