PDA

View Full Version : The new cover art for Atlantis Season 3 box set

MIZA
July 15th, 2007, 10:23 PM
Wow i don't know if anybody has seen it, but the new art for the Atlantis season 3 is not very nice i have seen better , in fact the last one was much better, but i don't know maybe it is a joke , cause it is just ugly??

idlewild202
July 15th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Yeah, alot of us Carson fans have already sent emails to Fox complaining about it and asking for the return of the previous cover art.

IMO the new cover art is just a piece of crap... poorly done and with no skill. As an amature graphic designer myself I could do better, much better. I wouldn't mind it so much except for the fact that obviously someone took the heads off of one photograph and superimposed them upon the bodies from another. Which is why John and Rodney look so odd...

If anybody else wants to email fox about it, the email is foxdrop@4icc.com

MIZA
July 15th, 2007, 11:05 PM
well i know one thing i will not buy that if it looks like that , i will tell them that too, thanks

nighthawk_77
July 16th, 2007, 08:28 AM
wow...I just saw it and I agree...the original one is so much better.

Mitchell82
July 16th, 2007, 09:01 PM
well i know one thing i will not buy that if it looks like that , i will tell them that too, thanks

That is what I'm affraid of. I hate the new cover and have sent fox, and MGM emails, however I will still buy it because it is a great show and season.

idlewild202
July 16th, 2007, 09:17 PM
That is what I'm affraid of. I hate the new cover and have sent fox, and MGM emails, however I will still buy it because it is a great show and season.
Yeah, I will be buying it as well because I love the show and want to have it on DVD.
However if it does come out with this cruddy art you can be guaranteed that I will photoshop up my own (and undoubtedly much better) art and replace it asap.

the fifth man
July 16th, 2007, 09:49 PM

Yes, it is a great show and was a great season. So I'll definitely be buying it, bad cover or not.

Beckmen
July 17th, 2007, 12:30 AM
I don't spend much time looking at the cover. It's bad, and that's a pity, but not for one moment did I consider not buying this.

MIZA
July 17th, 2007, 01:35 AM
Yeah, I will be buying it as well because I love the show and want to have it on DVD.
However if it does come out with this cruddy art you can be guaranteed that I will photoshop up my own (and undoubtedly much better) art and replace it asap.

well i definitely can agree with that i'll definitely make my own cover, buy it yeah replace that cruddy cover most definitely ,

i mean really how could they get away with this it looks terrible they are suppose to give quality and i can't believe they would do that i wonder if the actors have seen this ? and what would they think ???

Mitchell82
July 17th, 2007, 06:14 PM

How much would you charge to do that for us that have no clue how do do that? Because I'd love to have a better cover than this piece of crap.

nekoi
July 17th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Anyone know where the new art is posted?

idlewild202
July 17th, 2007, 07:41 PM
How much would you charge to do that for us that have no clue how do do that? Because I'd love to have a better cover than this piece of crap.
Well, I guess it depends on how well my own custom graphic comes out and how much time it takes to make it. Also it depends on how much it would cost to print it out (I'd take the image to a pro print shop because I don't have a decent printer). So, I really don't know at the moment, I'd have to stop by the printers and see what an estimate would be.

If you are seriously interested shoot me a PM sometime and we can hash out details and whatnot.

idlewild202
July 17th, 2007, 07:48 PM
hehe, forgot to do the multi-quote

Anyone know where the new art is posted?
Here are the two versions of the cover art

The first, temporary cover (and the good one!)
http://www.gateworld.net/store/graphics/dvd_atl_s3set_fpo.jpg (http://www.gateworld.net/store/graphics/dvd_atl_s3set_fpo.jpg)

And the new, final cover
http://www.gateworld.net/store/graphics/dvd_atl_s3set_l.jpg (http://www.gateworld.net/store/graphics/dvd_atl_s3set_l.jpg)

nekoi
July 17th, 2007, 08:12 PM

http://www.gateworld.net/store/graphics/dvd_atl_s3set_fpo.jpg (http://www.gateworld.net/store/graphics/dvd_atl_s3set_fpo.jpg)

And the new, final cover
http://www.gateworld.net/store/graphics/dvd_atl_s3set_l.jpg (http://www.gateworld.net/store/graphics/dvd_atl_s3set_l.jpg)

OH GROSS!!! :(

MIZA
July 17th, 2007, 08:43 PM
thanks you guys i am glad y'all have something to say, i thought maybe it was a joke, but they are really going to have that cruddy cover :cool:

Randy_Watson
July 18th, 2007, 06:23 AM
If you are seriously interested shoot me a PM sometime and we can hash out details and whatnot.

Out of curiosity, would you be printing on paper and just inserting into a multidisc case or would you actually print on a thick stock and fold and glue to make it match the other season?

shrap
July 18th, 2007, 08:18 AM
The new cover looks like a badly photoshoped composition of different shots. The heads look out of proportion and the lighting looks different for the individual characters.
Why have they chosen to put everyone in action shots and then just have Teyla standing there doing nothing? Her shot looks like the one they have used in a previous season.
I hope the cover art is different for region 4 but I won't hold my breath.

nighthawk_77
July 18th, 2007, 08:23 AM
The Canadian websites still show the original cover art so I'm hoping that the Canadian ones won't be the crappy cover ones. However, I wouldn't really care as I buy them to watch the shows...not to look at the cover.

Randy_Watson
July 18th, 2007, 09:17 AM
However, I wouldn't really care as I buy them to watch the shows...not to look at the cover.

That's true, plus I only really see the spine of it the majority of the time anyways. At least they didn't try anything crazy like the Sliders packaging.

skeezix
July 18th, 2007, 12:14 PM
The reason they probably switched it is because the older one isn't as attention getting "in your face" as the new one. The new one is also brighter in both lighting and the color blue used. Bottom line, they want these to sell more on the shelf most likely. Livelier boxart could get them more sales on a whim than appeasing people who don't like it because Beckett isn't on the cover. I mean, seriously, who isn't going to buy it because of that? DVD sales has always been Stargate's thing, so they probably, and most likely correctly, assume that they already have sold it to the established fan base. I mean, I have all 9 seasons of SG-1 and 2 seasons of SGA on my shelf and the others pre ordered, and I imagine most of you do too. So it's a pretty safe assumption.

Also, I don't know if anyone has brought this up before but, the new one probably has that reflective shiny finish that was on the other ones causing the light to be off when trying to get pcitures of it. If it doesn't then yes, whoever photoshopped the heads on the bodies did a terrible job. But I'm going to assume it does and probably looks fantastic in hand.

idlewild202
July 18th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Out of curiosity, would you be printing on paper and just inserting into a multidisc case or would you actually print on a thick stock and fold and glue to make it match the other season?
You know, I'm not sure yet. I was thinking about that last night. I guess it would depend on what the print shop could offer. If I can do a card stock and fold it into a case then sure, I'll do it that way.

Also, we still don't know what the inside CD covers will look like, for all we know, they may be wonderful, and it's just the outside case that is horrid.

Then, just a reminder, ya'll can email both Fox and MGM and voice your concerns, you never know, they may change it if they get enough emails. The fox email is listed at the top of this thread, and this is the email for MGM: consumerhelp@mgm.com

Skeezix, you're probably right about that... they want something bright and in your face to attract buyers. Personally, for me however, when I look at it I just grimace and think "who the heck designed that?!" But, I'm sure the majority of people who arn't into graphic design and art and all that arn't going to notice, oh well.

Adria
July 18th, 2007, 02:14 PM
the new cover sucks why is jonh's mouth open like that??? and where's beckett :mad: it totally sucks

Angela V
July 19th, 2007, 11:26 PM
That's true, plus I only really see the spine of it the majority of the time anyways. At least they didn't try anything crazy like the Sliders packaging.

eh, no kidding! I got the season1 and season2. What a weird way to place the discs! I have big fingers and seriously was afraid to get a disk out. I ended up putting each disk into a cd disk case and put them all back into the packaging. I love the outer part, it's that weird spongy thing the disks slide into that I hated.

Oh and I perfer the first cover of Atlantis! Why take off Carson and put on goofy poses of the rest of the cast? Someone drink too much beer or something? :)

MIZA
July 21st, 2007, 09:06 PM
the new cover sucks why is jonh's mouth open like that??? and where's beckett :mad: it totally sucks

maybe it's his way of saying this cover sucks , threw lip reading??

MIZA
July 27th, 2007, 04:40 PM
fun

monkey_man132
July 27th, 2007, 07:59 PM
I absolutely hate the cover it looks put together by a 4 year old. They should stick with he first one. They put action shots together and it looks ugly. I don't care about Carson though its better without him on the cover. This just pissed me off that ugly friggin' cover. :mad:!!!

MIZA
August 5th, 2007, 01:45 AM
wow that are not really going to change that ,that sucks i really hope they do

akren
August 5th, 2007, 03:46 AM
I find it funny how the revised Season 3 cover art of SGA is displayed here on Gateworld - not that i dissing my favourite site/homepage! :P - & eyt the cover art for Season 3 as displayed here in Australai is the original ocover art featuring the Wraith behind the Gate (as mentioned on EzyDVD (http://www.ezydvd.com.au/)).

For crying out loud can someone decide on which cover art to use?!? :mckay:

griffindorgirl
August 7th, 2007, 04:51 AM
]

And the new, final cover
I like the first one better. But the higher ups in DVD design have over looked a great design and changed it,

MIZA
August 8th, 2007, 08:46 PM
]
I like the first one better. But the higher ups in DVD design have over looked a great design and changed it,

wow how was Shore Leave ? i am hopefully going to the Las Vegas creation con. this weekend? i don't know if any stargate actors will be there , but who knows ?? see you later then

Jenner8675309
August 9th, 2007, 11:16 PM
It blows. Plain and simple. And Beckett is gone. He was still a regular cast member in S3, despite what happened.

For those who want Dr. B back on, want the old version, or plain want to tell Fox the cover sucks, can email them at foxdrop@4icc.com

I spoke to a Fox distributor at Comic Con and she said they have gotten A LOT of negative feedback about the cover. Maybe we can change their minds back! Or get a better version!

idlewild202
August 10th, 2007, 12:04 PM
<snip>

I spoke to a Fox distributor at Comic Con and she said they have gotten A LOT of negative feedback about the cover. Maybe we can change their minds back! Or get a better version!That's great news!
Guess I'll go send them another email about it, the more we bug them the better. That's really is good to hear they've gotten that much bad news rep about the cover, I really do hope they change it.

Angela V
August 10th, 2007, 11:39 PM
I took a look again and after the mention of John and Rodney's heads, I was laughing my head off! Rodney's head looks too big for his body. It's soooo bad. If us Canadians get stuck with the new one too, I may just have to make my own cover! I'm into scrapbooking and recently got into digital scrapbooking for a family reunion calendar and learned a lot. I think if I did my own cover and printed it on glossy photo paper it'd look really neat :).
If they were looking for a new cover to grab the fans attention, yes it does and makes me laugh and want to ask "why" all at the same time.

MIZA
August 13th, 2007, 12:45 AM
I took a look again and after the mention of John and Rodney's heads, I was laughing my head off! Rodney's head looks too big for his body. It's soooo bad. If us Canadians get stuck with the new one too, I may just have to make my own cover! I'm into scrapbooking and recently got into digital scrapbooking for a family reunion calendar and learned a lot. I think if I did my own cover and printed it on glossy photo paper it'd look really neat :).
If they were looking for a new cover to grab the fans attention, yes it does and makes me laugh and want to ask "why" all at the same time.

I would like to know if you guys in Canada are getting the new or old the covers , so if you can can keep us informed that me great , i would so love to know thanks

MIZA
August 13th, 2007, 12:52 AM
however i just bought a copy of ADB poster at a creation convention at that it was double sided and on the other side is picture of a the new SGA cover , oh it looks even worse in public , but hopefully with all that negative feedback one of you guys mentioned maybe from comic-con hopefully they'll change it , so hope and pray and keep begging

idlewild202
August 13th, 2007, 12:37 PM
however i just bought a copy of ADB poster at a creation convention at that it was double sided and on the other side is picture of a the new SGA cover , oh it looks even worse in public , but hopefully with all that negative feedback one of you guys mentioned maybe from comic-con hopefully they'll change it , so hope and pray and keep begging
Ugh, really?
Yeah, I got onto Amazon today to check the price of the season, I couldn't help but grimace at the cover art.... it's just horrid looking. Bleck bleck bleck.

I really do hope they change it back.

Angela V
August 14th, 2007, 12:31 AM
I would like to know if you guys in Canada are getting the new or old the covers , so if you can can keep us informed that me great , i would so love to know thanks

I think you will have no problem finding out. I'm sure if we do get the first cool cover, fans will be gloating about it! :)

MIZA
August 14th, 2007, 10:00 PM
cool Angela V when does season 3 come out for you guys ?? is it the same time on september 18th like us ? thanks

Angela V
August 15th, 2007, 09:53 PM
cool Angela V when does season 3 come out for you guys ?? is it the same time on september 18th like us ? thanks

Miza, sad news. I just checked the Canadian websites of Best Buy and Future Shop. Both show the NEW cover of season 3 of Atlantis now. grumple. Though it's showing a release date of Sept 11th.

Promethius30
August 20th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Good job i live in the UK and can by the season from single discs

MIZA
August 20th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Good job i live in the UK and can by the season from single discs

thanks Angela V , so in the UK is the cover art the same and does the single disc have better cover art then the main cover thanks

shrap
August 21st, 2007, 04:53 AM
Looks like the new cover art will be on the box sets sold in Australia, unfortunately.

sunday
August 21st, 2007, 01:41 PM
I couldn't believe it when i saw the front cover they had chosen!
For starters they had removed Carson, and i'm a big Carson fan! He was a main character and even though they did kill him off (:mad:) it was near the end so he should of stayed on it!

I might be the only one but i do kind of like some of the action shots to the standing still ones. But i still hope they change it! I sent a few emails out too!

MIZA
August 21st, 2007, 11:16 PM
I was wondering if other fans in other countries out there have the new or the old covers ?? i don't knows anybody in others countries , but i would love to know thanks for replying this thread i am very glad to see other people opinions

Jenner8675309
August 28th, 2007, 06:15 PM
From About.com (DVD release article)

Not about the cover art, but about the release in general

"Since there's no need to time it with a forthcoming new season, the
tenth and final season of of Stargate SG-1 is already out and is
loaded with features. But for Season 3 of Stargate Atlantis you'll
have to wait until Sept. 18. Watch Carson Beckett die all over again!"

http://scifi.about.com/b/a/000040.htm

MIZA
August 29th, 2007, 02:38 PM
Thank you Jenner for that , if anyone else has any new information please post , i really want them to do something about that atrocious cover for Season 3 SGA thank you hope to hear from you guys soon :beckett:

griffindorgirl
September 2nd, 2007, 03:19 PM
The picture looks like a digital composit of the cast. I don't like it but will be getting the DVD set. I am looking forward to watching the epsiode Sunday again. My mom recorded over it 2 days after it aired. :vortex04::love:

Trek_Girl42
September 7th, 2007, 02:17 PM
The picture looks like a digital composit of the cast. I don't like it but will be getting the DVD set. I am looking forward to watching the epsiode Sunday again. My mom recorded over it 2 days after it aired. :vortex04::love:
Same. I'm still pretty disgusted with what they did with the cover art but that won't stop me buying it. I haven't even seen the season yet so it's a no brainer. ;)

MIZA
September 9th, 2007, 11:34 PM
yeah i am still getting mine i just can't believe they can get away with this,

i wonder what the actors think if they have seen it

MIZA
September 9th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Same. I'm still pretty disgusted with what they did with the cover art but that won't stop me buying it. I haven't even seen the season yet so it's a no brainer. ;)

i wanted to ask you about our signature are those two pictures the same ?

MIZA
September 17th, 2007, 12:15 PM
This week it will be out can't wait YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sheppard::ford::mckay::weir::ronan::teyla::beckett:;)

Trek_Girl42
September 17th, 2007, 12:53 PM
This week it will be out can't wait YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sheppard::ford::mckay::weir::ronan::teyla::beckett:;)
Less than 24 hours before I get mine! :D :D :D :D :D

I have to promise myself to make it last the week. :P

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 17th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Less than 24 hours before I get mine! :D :D :D :D :D
I'm not getting mine until next week because I'm getting Family Guy Volume 5 DVD tomorrow.

Trek_Girl42
September 17th, 2007, 04:57 PM
I'm not getting mine until next week because I'm getting Family Guy Volume 5 DVD tomorrow.
Family Guy BEFORE Atlantis! Blasphemy! :eek:

griffindorgirl
September 17th, 2007, 05:37 PM

Family Guy is good but Atlantis is better. I am hoping that I don't start crying when I watch the episode Sunday again. I went through 3 paper towels during the airing of the show. I can't wait for tomorrow.

shrap
September 17th, 2007, 08:37 PM
Another week for us down under, due on the 26th Sept.

bcfc
September 18th, 2007, 03:21 AM
Mine was shipped Thurs 6th Sep from the US but I haven't got it yet. Hope it comes tomorow it will be 14 days then.

Trek_Girl42
September 18th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Got it!!!!!!!!!!! :D

The colour scheme is gorgeous, the cast on the front isn't. And Beckett and Mckay don't apper on the slim pack covers! Again! (I can't tell who that is lying back in the chair, but they don't count since we can't see their face)

The menus look great, I love that they are the same as the S2 ones, except green, it's a good layout, and I can't wait to actually watch the eps! :D

And it's not all shiny like the S2 set cover either. :( But everything else looks good!

SpyDude
September 18th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Horrible artwork, hopefully R2 gets a better one. R2 covers are almost always different.

Trek_Girl42
September 18th, 2007, 04:48 PM
So in which episode does Shappard's hair give Mckay the brain suck?

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 19th, 2007, 10:31 AM
Family Guy BEFORE Atlantis! Blasphemy! :eek:
I'm just picking FG over SGA because the FG DVD has more to offer than the SGA DVD. Like unbleeped swear words and probably scenes that were cut out/modified of the FOX airing, that stayed in the Adult Swim airing. I plan on buying the SGA DVD, sometime before 2007 is out.

Murcielago
September 19th, 2007, 11:22 AM
And Beckett and Mckay don't apper on the slim pack covers! Again!

Beckett's on the region 1 slim packs, at least I think it's him. There's only half a head on the spine of the vol. 1 case (I think that's the right one) that looks like him.

Trek_Girl42
September 19th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Beckett's on the region 1 slim packs, at least I think it's him. There's only half a head on the spine of the vol. 1 case (I think that's the right one) that looks like him.
The spine photo doesn't count! :P

MIZA
September 19th, 2007, 01:49 PM
i can't believe they printed that ugly butt cover, ( oh yeah i bought it) if you guys offer to print and re-do one is on the table i am totally taking it you could post it her i and i'll totally print it out , thanks so much for replying to this thread i am very grateful maybe they can change it in the night like a christmas miracle ( if only) !!!!

MIZA
September 19th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Horrible artwork, hopefully R2 gets a better one. R2 covers are almost always different.

Who it R2 ?

Trek_Girl42
September 19th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Who it R2 ?
.....D2. :D

R2 stands for "Region 2"- for DVDs, the U.S. and Canada are "Region 1", "Region 2" is the U.K. and part of Europe. It's all to do with encoding on DVD players and what discs are encoded to work where, or something along those lines. The sets in Region 2 tend to have different covers than Region 1, and sometimes different/more/fewer bonus features, etc.

MmmmMcKAy
September 19th, 2007, 05:11 PM
All I can say is UGH! What the hell were they thinking????

MIZA
September 20th, 2007, 11:52 AM
.....D2. :D

R2 stands for "Region 2"- for DVDs, the U.S. and Canada are "Region 1", "Region 2" is the U.K. and part of Europe. It's all to do with encoding on DVD players and what discs are encoded to work where, or something along those lines. The sets in Region 2 tend to have different covers than Region 1, and sometimes different/more/fewer bonus features, etc.

so does this have to do with DVD players from different countries ? , like i couldn't buy a DVD from Europe because, but if i bought a DVD player from Europe then i could get a play dvd from there , thank you see you later then

Trek_Girl42
September 20th, 2007, 01:00 PM
so does this have to do with DVD players from different countries ? , like i couldn't buy a DVD from Europe because, but if i bought a DVD player from Europe then i could get a play dvd from there , thank you see you later then
Yeah- DVDs bought in Europe only work on European DVD players, UNLESS you have a region free DVD player, those can decode and and play DVDs from anywhere.

MIZA
September 21st, 2007, 08:50 PM
Yeah- DVDs bought in Europe only work on European DVD players, UNLESS you have a region free DVD player, those can decode and and play DVDs from anywhere.

where can you get a region free DVD player from, i didn't think you can, and you that have to buy your dvd player from what country your from?

shrap
September 21st, 2007, 11:51 PM
You can buy region free players in Australia. Pretty much all of them are here, only the really expensive ones are region coded.

GateByte
September 22nd, 2007, 10:27 AM
Or you can buy a dvd player from your own country that you can make region free. I bought a new R1 dvd player here, performed a small *trick* and I know it at least plays Japanese R2 dvds now (borrowed from a coworker). There are a few models, each with various tricks. Some waaaay simpler than others (like mine :)). But if you want legit and guaranteed Region 0 (aka region free), best idea is definitely to buy from somewhere like Australia that sells them.

tsaxlady
September 22nd, 2007, 02:14 PM
where can you get a region free DVD player from, i didn't think you can, and you that have to buy your dvd player from what country your from?

eBay - that is were I purchased one a few years ago

shrap
September 25th, 2007, 07:24 PM
I'm in Australia and got my S3 boxset today. We have the horrible cover as well. Did anyone get a booklet inside there sets, with episode and special feature listings? We got them in seasons 1 and 2 but nothing for 3.

MIZA
September 25th, 2007, 08:07 PM
I'm in Australia and got my S3 boxset today. We have the horrible cover as well. Did anyone get a booklet inside there sets, with episode and special feature listings? We got them in seasons 1 and 2 but nothing for 3.

No i didn't get anything in mine as well , it's like they did it in a hurry and put that ugly cover on it too, oh yeah i am still mad at that !!!!!

Trek_Girl42
September 26th, 2007, 01:06 AM
No booklet or insert- the only kind of insert we've had before for SGA is I think from the season one set- and it was all just advertising for merch and new seasons.

And no, they didn't hurry it. If anything they took too long. They had the perfect cover to start with. :(

Will Thorne
September 26th, 2007, 06:23 AM
To be honest, I really like the season 3 cover. I'm dissapointed in the loss of Carson from the front but I don't hate it! It looks really nice with all of them in action positions! I really don't see how it's a 'horrible' cover.....

MIZA
September 26th, 2007, 12:51 PM
To be honest, I really like the season 3 cover. I'm dissapointed in the loss of Carson from the front but I don't hate it! It looks really nice with all of them in action positions! I really don't see how it's a 'horrible' cover.....

Dude look at Rodney !!!!!!!!! , that is just bad his head is not proportioned to his body i mean c'mon ??

that is just one thing that is wrong , but there isn't enough room to tell you how messed up that cover is

Will Thorne
September 27th, 2007, 05:17 AM
Dude look at Rodney !!!!!!!!! , that is just bad his head is not proportioned to his body i mean c'mon ??

that is just one thing that is wrong , but there isn't enough room to tell you how messed up that cover is

From what I'm looking at, McKay's head to body ratio seems to be perfectly fine...

MIZA
September 27th, 2007, 12:35 PM
WHAT !!!!!!!!!!!!,

you know what, oh well i guess it's nice to know that there ar some people out there who think the cover is not so bad

Will Thorne
September 27th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Yeah to each their own I suppose?

MIZA
September 30th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Yeah to each their own I suppose?

how much did it cost in where you live ?? thanks

shrap
September 30th, 2007, 10:19 PM
I am also in Australia and preeordered mine from the online section of Ezydvd. I paid $74.?? Australian. It was cheaper $60 ish dollars at some other stores. But mine was delivered to my door on the day of release and I got an atlantis mini mouse with it.

MIZA
October 1st, 2007, 01:26 PM
I am also in Australia and preeordered mine from the online section of Ezydvd. I paid $74.?? Australian. It was cheaper $60 ish dollars at some other stores. But mine was delivered to my door on the day of release and I got an atlantis mini mouse with it.

i paid $38.46, for my copy the store i bought it at was sold out of them

idlewild202
October 2nd, 2007, 04:15 PM
Okay, here is what I've got going cover art wise. It's NOT FINISHED YET ;) So just wait a bit before ya'll go snurching it. I still have some tweaking to do before it's done.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b42/idlewild202/stargate/s3wip2.jpg

Ancient 61
October 2nd, 2007, 06:58 PM
That picture is better than either of the other covers. Way to go.
:):):):):):):):):):):):)

Joanne

idlewild202
October 2nd, 2007, 08:37 PM

Here is the finished product. I think it's good, I doubt I'll be doing any more to it. It's not perfect, not by a long shot, but, it's a thousand times better than the current cover art.

Feel free to snurch away, just leave my email at the bottom. I'm not sure how well it will print out as it's leaning towards the small size for printing, this is, honest, actuall file size, so.... I can't really make it much bigger to print. But, it ought to be okay for a DVD size print.
Anyway, enjoy :)

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b42/idlewild202/stargate/s3cover.jpg

Will Thorne
October 2nd, 2007, 09:17 PM

Same here!

Here is the finished product. I think it's good, I doubt I'll be doing any more to it. It's not perfect, not by a long shot, but, it's a thousand times better than the current cover art.

Feel free to snurch away, just leave my email at the bottom. I'm not sure how well it will print out as it's leaning towards the small size for printing, this is, honest, actuall file size, so.... I can't really make it much bigger to print. But, it ought to be okay for a DVD size print.

Thats brilliant! Two thumb's up from me, fantastic work, simply fantastic!

idlewild202
October 2nd, 2007, 10:16 PM
Thats brilliant! Two thumb's up from me, fantastic work, simply fantastic!
Thanks!!

For those of you like the pink center better, I went ahead and uploaded that version so you can choose which one you like better.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b42/idlewild202/stargate/s3cover2.jpg

MIZA
October 8th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Thanks!!

For those of you like the pink center better, I went ahead and uploaded that version so you can choose which one you like better.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b42/idlewild202/stargate/s3cover2.jpg

thank you so much WOW i am totally printing that and going to use it on my season three beautiful outstanding work

kirmit
October 8th, 2007, 02:39 PM

Wow that's amazing, any chance you'll be doing an SG-1 season 10 one with vala?

MIZA
October 8th, 2007, 08:40 PM

oh yeah that would be a great idea , thank you i just put it on the dvd thanks

idlewild202
October 8th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Hmmm.... I dunno, I might if I get motivated, but, the SG1 cover doesn't bug the snot outa me like the atlantis one did/does :rolleyes:.

oh yeah that would be a great idea , thank you i just put it on the dvd thanks
Awesome!! :D I may be making a matching spine and back to go with the atlantis cover, no guarantees when it'll be done, but I definetly want to do it :)

Trek_Girl42
October 10th, 2007, 02:38 PM

Wow! That is fantastic! Great job. :)

kirmit
October 11th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Hmmm.... I dunno, I might if I get motivated, but, the SG1 cover doesn't bug the snot outa me like the atlantis one did/does :rolleyes:.

The SG-1 season 10 one is so plain and boring, it's just blue with a stargate and 4 characters on it enough to bug the hell outta anyone :P, it would look great with new, exciting design and the full 5 main characters on it ;) lol.

idlewild202
October 11th, 2007, 04:12 PM
The SG-1 season 10 one is so plain and boring, it's just blue with a stargate and 4 characters on it enough to bug the hell outta anyone :P, it would look great with new, exciting design and the full 5 main characters on it ;) lol.
I know. I still have yet to actually buy it though, for that matter I haven't even gotten the SGA s3 yet. XD

Tell ya what, if you can find some good s10 cast photos and whatnot I'll see what I can do :). It's the finding the photos that takes forever. (and just fyi, the bigger and higher resolution you can find the better, I can't really use anything less than 400x400 pixels).

Right now I'm working on finishing the matching spine/back for the s3 cover, I printed off a test run of it the other day and I must say, it looks pretty sharp ;).

P-90_177
October 11th, 2007, 04:15 PM
i quite liked the new cover. I like how they included the ARG?

kirmit
October 11th, 2007, 05:56 PM
I know. I still have yet to actually buy it though, for that matter I haven't even gotten the SGA s3 yet. XD

Tell ya what, if you can find some good s10 cast photos and whatnot I'll see what I can do :). It's the finding the photos that takes forever. (and just fyi, the bigger and higher resolution you can find the better, I can't really use anything less than 400x400 pixels).

Right now I'm working on finishing the matching spine/back for the s3 cover, I printed off a test run of it the other day and I must say, it looks pretty sharp ;).

Ok well here's my idea, this picture for a background
http://greensboring.com/pod/stargate.jpg

This picture for the main, minus beau, sorry couldn't find it larger
http://www.surfionline.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/stargate-sg1.jpg

Maybe this shot stuck somewhere on it
http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s10/1020/html/sg1s10e20_0172.html

and whatever else you think wuld make it look better :).

Oooo and maybe a faded asgard somewhere on it, to remember the little grey guys :(.
http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s10/1020/html/sg1s10e20_0050.html

idlewild202
October 11th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Ok well here's my idea, this picture for a background
http://greensboring.com/pod/stargate.jpg

This picture for the main, minus beau, sorry couldn't find it larger
http://www.surfionline.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/stargate-sg1.jpg

Maybe this shot stuck somewhere on it
http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s10/1020/html/sg1s10e20_0172.html

and whatever else you think wuld make it look better :).

Oooo and maybe a faded asgard somewhere on it, to remember the little grey guys :(.
http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s10/1020/html/sg1s10e20_0050.html
Hmm, I think I can come up with something halfway decent :)
I'm kinda browsing myself, but can you maybe look for a big shot of the supergate? And maybe one of a prior... I'm kinda getting an idea on how to put something together.

Toast King
October 11th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Wow I actually didn't notice the shotty cover art when I picked up Season three on DVD. Now that I look at it...Sheppard's head doesn't even match. You can tell there is a total change in skin color too...

How could a professional company like fox and MGM put out such a crap cover art? Oh well, I guess we'll never know what it was they were smoking.

On the plus side I'm very impressed with the latest Atlantis fan cover art. Excellent work idlewild202. If I had a printer...and paper, I'd print it out and glue it on my Season Three box set

MIZA
October 12th, 2007, 01:00 AM
Wow I actually didn't notice the shotty cover art when I picked up Season three on DVD. Now that I look at it...Sheppard's head doesn't even match. You can tell there is a total change in skin color too...

How could a professional company like fox and MGM put out such a crap cover art? Oh well, I guess we'll never know what it was they were smoking.

On the plus side I'm very impressed with the latest Atlantis fan cover art. Excellent work idlewild202. If I had a printer...and paper, I'd print it out and glue it on my Season Three box set

forget Sheppard , look at Mckay's head , that is just wrong , they all look pretty bad anyway and they are totally missing Beckett,

ps: good work Idlewild202

pss: oh and welcome to the thread Toastking :)

kirmit
October 12th, 2007, 11:42 AM
Hmm, I think I can come up with something halfway decent :)
I'm kinda browsing myself, but can you maybe look for a big shot of the supergate? And maybe one of a prior... I'm kinda getting an idea on how to put something together.

There's these
http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s10/1014/html/shroud0503.html
http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s9/920/html/camelot502.html
http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s9/920/html/camelot489.html
http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s9/920/html/camelot488.html

Prior
http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s10/1012/html/lits0316.html
http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s10/1012/html/lits0374.html
http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s10/1012/html/lits0456.html
http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s10/1011/html/quest2_0306.html

Weren't a whole lot of the priors in season 10 :). Can't wait to see what you could come up with....if you're motivated enough :P lol.

idlewild202
October 12th, 2007, 11:55 AM
There's these
http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s10/1014/html/shroud0503.html
http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s9/920/html/camelot502.html
http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s9/920/html/camelot489.html
http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s9/920/html/camelot488.html

Prior
http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s10/1012/html/lits0316.html
http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s10/1012/html/lits0374.html
http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s10/1012/html/lits0456.html
http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s10/1011/html/quest2_0306.html

Weren't a whole lot of the priors in season 10 :). Can't wait to see what you could come up with....if you're motivated enough :P lol.
Sweet!! One or two of those might work :D
And I was able to find a large image of the team, the same one you posted and then two others, so that worked out perfect. Been fiddling around already, I kinda like how it's starting to work itself out :)

And, for you s3 folks, I'm almost finished with a full wrap around cover, so I should have that for ya'll to have sometime soon if you want to use.

Toast King
October 12th, 2007, 12:12 PM
forget Sheppard , look at Mckay's head , that is just wrong , they all look pretty bad anyway and they are totally missing Beckett,

ps: good work Idlewild202

pss: oh and welcome to the thread Toastking :)

Yeah McKay is just really badly out of place too. And as for the Beckett thing, I think the producers didn't put him on there because they just want everyone to forget he existed. That way they don't have to deal with the Save Carson Beckett stuff. It's just much easier to pretend the character never existed rather than take backlash for making a crap decision about ousting the character.

idlewild202
October 12th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Yeah McKay is just really badly out of place too. And as for the Beckett thing, I think the producers didn't put him on there because they just want everyone to forget he existed. That way they don't have to deal with the Save Carson Beckett stuff. It's just much easier to pretend the character never existed rather than take backlash for making a crap decision about ousting the character.
Hehe, the funny thing is.... because they decided not to have Carson on the cover they just all the more riled up the SCB folks. When they decided to omit carson from the cover many more letters were sent to TPTB about the whole thing. I know they got an earful about it ;)

Toast King
October 12th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Hehe, the funny thing is.... because they decided not to have Carson on the cover they just all the more riled up the SCB folks. When they decided to omit carson from the cover many more letters were sent to TPTB about the whole thing. I know they got an earful about it ;)

Yeah and you wanna know where those letters ended up? *Looks over at the trash bin*

idlewild202
October 12th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Yeah and you wanna know where those letters ended up? *Looks over at the trash bin*
Perhaps, but the point is that we arn't sitting back and not doing anything about it. I didn't expect them to change the cover, but at least I voiced my opinion :)

kirmit
October 12th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Sweet!! One or two of those might work :D
And I was able to find a large image of the team, the same one you posted and then two others, so that worked out perfect. Been fiddling around already, I kinda like how it's starting to work itself out :)

And, for you s3 folks, I'm almost finished with a full wrap around cover, so I should have that for ya'll to have sometime soon if you want to use.

Woo! Can't wait to see it, I'm sure whatever you come up with it'll be better than what we're getting from the official boxset.

MIZA
October 14th, 2007, 10:08 PM
there is something i would like to know i don't know if anybody knows this but , do you guys know what the name of the person who designed the cover, i know MGM did it, but who is the art designer for this ?? cover

idlewild202
October 16th, 2007, 09:28 PM
there is something i would like to know i don't know if anybody knows this but , do you guys know what the name of the person who designed the cover, i know MGM did it, but who is the art designer for this ?? cover
I am about as in the dark as you are. I bet there was more than one person working on it though.

MIZA
October 16th, 2007, 11:12 PM
I am about as in the dark as you are. I bet there was more than one person working on it though.

oh boy that is even worse one person is responsible for that crap ??

kirmit
October 21st, 2007, 11:09 AM
Hey idlewild hows the season 10 SG-1 cover coming?

idlewild202
October 21st, 2007, 01:08 PM
I've got the basic layout, the team arranged how I want them. But I'm having trouble with the colors, some parts of the images of the team are very washed out and "redish", if I try and adjust it one way or another it's either to dark or the wrong color. So I got to sit down and hand-color/mess with some parts of them to get it how I want it. Then add the other graphics and whatnot. So, it's coming :)

kirmit
October 21st, 2007, 01:48 PM
Great to know! Thanks for the update mate :).

MIZA
October 21st, 2007, 05:44 PM
yes thanks idlewild202 , good work

Angela V
November 3rd, 2007, 09:00 PM
Post 13 has a link to the "good" art cover. Now look at the spines of your DVD cases. There it is! BUT they reversed some of the pictures and changed where some of people were. If the artwork was good enough for the spine, it should've been good enough for the cover! :)

MIZA
November 3rd, 2007, 11:27 PM
thanks Angela , i will definitely check it out

magie
November 4th, 2007, 09:43 AM
Hello. I am french and I would like to know if there is a french audio pist on the american Stargate Atlantis 3rd season DVD. Season 3 hasn't aired here, and the DVDs aren't announced so I would like to buy the american DVD box, but only if there's a french pist.

Can someone tell me if there's one ?

Thank you very much.

Oreo
November 4th, 2007, 12:59 PM
I just looked at it and while I was thinknig "Who cares?! It's just a box to fit DVDs" that is terrible!

Did Fox go... "Let's get the worst possible image for EVERY character on the show, and then CGI it to make it look even worse!"

Luckily I don't buy Stargate DVDs, I see no point to them.

MIZA
November 4th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Hello. I am french and I would like to know if there is a french audio pist on the american Stargate Atlantis 3rd season DVD. Season 3 hasn't aired here, and the DVDs aren't announced so I would like to buy the american DVD box, but only if there's a french pist.

Can someone tell me if there's one ?

Thank you very much.

Hi Maggie first and foremost welcome to the site and welcome to my thread i am glad you posted here, to answer your question i hope this is what you mean.

i just checked and there is french and english surround sound spoken language or there is english and spanish subtitles

i hope that helps

magie
November 5th, 2007, 03:17 AM
Hi Maggie first and foremost welcome to the site and welcome to my thread i am glad you posted here, to answer your question i hope this is what you mean.

i just checked and there is french and english surround sound spoken language or there is english and spanish subtitles

i hope that helps

Thank you. I had read somewhere that there was french dubbing on the DVD, but when I went to Amazon, there was just noticed "english language" so I was wondering if there was actually the french dubbing or not.