X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1 - Ben Browder to star in new mini-series

From Variety:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=14&cs=1

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

NBC Universal's cable networks soar

USA, Sci Fi, Bravo experience success

By JOSEF ADALIAN

USA Network will use new segs of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" to build a Thursday beachhead, while Sci Fi Channel is readying a modern update of a Homerian classic.

**snippage**

Sci Fi is developing the six-hour miniseries "Going Homer," from "Farscape" alum Ben Browder and Andrew Prowse. Taken from the Odyssey, project will revolve around a 12-year-old, Homer Ulysses Jones, who sets off on a journey from L.A. to New York in order to escape a custody battle. Homer is able to see what others can't: Greek and Roman gods are here on earth, walking among mortals. Some gods will aid his journey, while others will seek to kill him in order to prevent him from getting home.
    Cabler has carved out a niche remaking classics. Its next such project, "The Wizard of Oz"-inspired "Tin Man," is expected to air in November or December.

**snippage**

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Wow!!! Thanks Morjana... nice to see what Ben's up to at last!

I hope that he's appearing in it but it actually sounds like something he's developed/wrote? (the mysterious writing project he's mentioned working on?) And working with Andrew Prowse (Director/Producer) from Farscape again... Wonderful stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Kas View Post

I hope that he's appearing in it but it actually sounds like something he's developed/wrote? (the mysterious writing project he's mentioned working on?) And working with Andrew Prowse (Director/Producer) from Farscape again... Wonderful stuff.
      If you want to track Ben Browder, do what the rest of us do - create a Google news alert. Very easy and since his name isn't common (unlike David Hewlett- there are several of him <G>), the news pops in your mailbox immediately I get the feeling Ben might be in this miniseries and the Farscape people are pretty talented so this is one miniseries I might actually watch on SciFi (besides TAKEN).

Comment

This sounds very cool!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Sounds like an interesting project. A 6-hour miniseries in televisionland is a very big deal. Congrats Ben! Ben and Andrew Prowse -- a creative team for sure. I'll be watching for it.

Thanks for posting the article Morjana.

Comment

Oh, this is exciting. Ben always has such creative ideas. I can't wait to see what he comes up with. I wonder which part he's playing in this? For some reason, I just assumed he'd be the boy's father. Maybe Ben will talk about this at Comic Con and we can learn more details.

Comment

Originally posted by petemoretti
              Great news! Maybe he if he's otherwise occupied he won't star in other Stargate movies...
              I am so tempted to give you red for that.

Comment

This sounds very interesting. I've always been a nut about the myths of Greece and Roman era's, and it'll be nice to see Ben Browders and Andrew Prowse take on it.

Comment

Neat! I'll definitely be checking it out.

Comment

Originally posted by petemoretti
                    Great news! Maybe he if he's otherwise occupied he won't star in other Stargate movies...
                    Probably unlikely as I don't think they'll make a third SG1 movie until they see how the others sell, a miniseries may not take that long to film anyway.

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass View Post
                    Oh, this is exciting. Ben always has such creative ideas. I can't wait to see what he comes up with. I wonder which part he's playing in this? For some reason, I just assumed he'd be the boy's father. Maybe Ben will talk about this at Comic Con and we can learn more details.
                    If you go, ask!

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                      If you go, ask!
                      I'll definately have to ask him about this at Comic Con
                      Thanks for the news!

Comment

Love Andrew Prowse's work. Hope this works out for Ben.
                        Banner made by Stef

Comment

Sounds awesome! And if Ben's in it, it can't be bad. I wonder what part he plays?
                          Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                          Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                          Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                          --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

It seems he also has an acting role in the production:

The other new six-hour miniseries on tap for SCI FI will be something called “Going Homer.” This one will make good use of “Stargate SG-1" and “Farscape” star Ben Browder and will be directed by Andrew Prowse (”Farscape”). Prowse is currently in post-production with his new film “Heatstroke,” a scifi actioner starring D.B. Sweeney.
                            http://www.sliceofscifi.com/2007/07/...e-mini-series/

It sounds like an interesting concept and having both Browder and Prowse involved in the production is definitely an incentive to check it out.

Banner by angelfire east

Comment

Originally posted by Jades View Post
                              It sounds like an interesting concept and having both Browder and Prowse involved in the production is definitely an incentive to check it out.
                              I couldn't agree more. I'll definitely be watching it.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X