This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Stargate beam Weapon

What do you think the best beam weapon is in stargate.
    My Opinion is
    1Asuran- because it is constant and wouldve depleted atlantis' sheilds in a day while it took thousands/millions of wraith bolts before it started to fail.
    2 Ancient le grande sattelite/odyssey upgrade- I would say they are equal in power but designed for different ships Odyssey= Sheilds/Ancient= wraith hull
    3 Ori main cannon/sattelite = They take too long to power up
    4 tollan ion cannon= it would be better to have these on fighters than a capital ship and arent as powerful as the others

Best bolt weapons

1Asgard bolts=They are the most effective seen yet.
    2grace bolts/ wraith bolts= the wraith bolts are very large the grace aliens would have destroyed prometheus if the cloud wasnt there
    3Goaold plasma bolts=they arent as good as they were meant to be in the begining of sg1
    Please add more if you know any
    Last edited by !!??; 12 July 2007, 09:12 PM. Reason: I added the bolt part too.
    sigpic

If the ancients could have powered the La Grange Sattelite as long as the Asurans could i would say the The Lagrange sattelite. But it doesn't seem that was its intended use. But it did do its job at optimal efficiency.

Asuran beam would probably be a good second.

then i would go with the Odyssey's Asgard canons, which should be most credited to the Asgard rather than ourselves.

Ori weapons as third, probably the Ethon one was the most potent. The Ori main canon takes 4 shots to deplete shields of the new Odyssey.

But i would disagree with the tolans, i would put the Hive ship's canons in their place. The blasts are enormous and they do a good amount of damage to shields.
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
      If the ancients could have powered the La Grange Sattelite as long as the Asurans could i would say the The Lagrange sattelite. But it doesn't seem that was its intended use. But it did do its job at optimal efficiency.

Asuran beam would probably be a good second.

then i would go with the Odyssey's Asgard canons, which should be most credited to the Asgard rather than ourselves.

Ori weapons as third, probably the Ethon one was the most potent. The Ori main canon takes 4 shots to deplete shields of the new Odyssey.

But i would disagree with the tolans, i would put the Hive ship's canons in their place. The blasts are enormous and they do a good amount of damage to shields.

I was just talking about beam weapons but we can add all energy weapons. I think of the hives cannons more as bolts.
      sigpic

Comment

you could scratch the Hive then and add in the gate destroyer device Anubis found in Redemption.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
          you could scratch the Hive then and add in the gate destroyer device Anubis found in Redemption.
          I would put that 3rd over ori beam weapons making them 4th and the ion cannon 5th.
          sigpic

Comment

Carter's particle beam in season 3

Comment

oh that was cool too. Sokar's particle canon would count but like carter's it could keep the worm hole open.

Comment

As far as "bolts" I'd guess the Asgard bolts simply because they are about the most advanced race that still utilized that style of weapon. As far as beams, I would guess the Ancient Satelite. Watching it cut that Hive in half was very impressive.

Also, i think they use the colors as an indicator. In the show, the weaker things are typically red/orange in color. And they get lighter and brighter as they increase in power. The Asgard shields were blue, that kind of thing. This also corresponds to what color stars are based on their temperature. And If I remember right, the Ancient colored one was the "hottest".
                Of course, the Aurora's shields were orange colored but itw sapretty damaged to I suppose it could be explained away. Then again this could jsut be a stupid theory that doesn't make any sense but it seems to fit.
                www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
                  Carter's particle beam in season 3
                  We could add that to the list too. I dont know where to place it though.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
                    As far as "bolts" I'd guess the Asgard bolts simply because they are about the most advanced race that still utilized that style of weapon. As far as beams, I would guess the Ancient Satelite. Watching it cut that Hive in half was very impressive.

Also, i think they use the colors as an indicator. In the show, the weaker things are typically red/orange in color. And they get lighter and brighter as they increase in power. The Asgard shields were blue, that kind of thing. This also corresponds to what color stars are based on their temperature. And If I remember right, the Ancient colored one was the "hottest".
                    Of course, the Aurora's shields were orange colored but itw sapretty damaged to I suppose it could be explained away. Then again this could jsut be a stupid theory that doesn't make any sense but it seems to fit.
                    That would put the asgard beam first since blue/white is the highest and green is in the middle.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by !!?? View Post
                      That would put the asgard beam first since blue/white is the highest and green is in the middle.
                      Yea, I knew there were holes in my theory. Maybe it was all randomized but at least early on it seemed like they wanted everything Goa'uld to have a Gold/orange tint to it and everything Asgard to have a blue tint to it, ya know?
                      www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

We could have a list of the best bolts and a list of the best beams.
                        sigpic

Comment

Anubis's superweapon powered by the six Eyes, considering the ease with which it wiped out a sizeable fleet of Ha'taks in such a short time even without charging up to full power (and we know the effect of the latter).

Comment

Originally posted by Lord of Nightmares View Post
                            Anubis's superweapon powered by the six Eyes, considering the ease with which it wiped out a sizeable fleet of Ha'taks in such a short time even without charging up to full power (and we know the effect of the latter).
                            And it destroyed Abydos.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by !!?? View Post
                              And it destroyed Abydos.
                              Yeah, hence the bit at the end of my last post indirectly hinting about viewers knowing what the superweapon did once it was fully charged.

Comment

Working...
                              X