This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discloseure

how much longer do you think the stargate earth governments keep the stargate programme secret? do you think they are looking at the issue of it and coming up with a plan to let the public know without causing mass panic?

honestly i dont understand why they dont let the public know,
    it would mean more recources and would mean they could take more control in the galatic affairs

what do you think?

oh i tried to search for it but it didnt come up.
    spelling sorry =\

Because it would involve a ridiculous amount of politics. The thing is, I know plenty of people on here aren't too fond of the US, but in the show and in real life, I can't think of a more capable government of running the Stargate program. Disclosure would mean ALL the governments would want to run it, and it would mean huge political disasters, and possibly war. Now obviously, in the SGU, no country would stand a chance against the US if it used the technologies it has gained from the Stargate program. A single 304, even without the upgrades from Unending, could literally take over Earth, or destroy all the major powers on Earth. Nobody wants to see that happen, but its quite possible that it would happen if other countries tried to force the US to give up the Stargate, which they more than likely would. Until Earth has lost some of the tension that now holds it in the SGU and in real life, disclosure isn't really an option.
    www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

In the programme i adamantly want it to remain in us hands. However in real life no, it should be run by an ioa type thing but if any country in the planet was going to find the gate i would rather it was the uk or us as they both share intelligence anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
        Because it would involve a ridiculous amount of politics. The thing is, I know plenty of people on here aren't too fond of the US, but in the show and in real life, I can't think of a more capable government of running the Stargate program. Disclosure would mean ALL the governments would want to run it, and it would mean huge political disasters, and possibly war. Now obviously, in the SGU, no country would stand a chance against the US if it used the technologies it has gained from the Stargate program. A single 304, even without the upgrades from Unending, could literally take over Earth, or destroy all the major powers on Earth. Nobody wants to see that happen, but its quite possible that it would happen if other countries tried to force the US to give up the Stargate, which they more than likely would. Until Earth has lost some of the tension that now holds it in the SGU and in real life, disclosure isn't really an option.
        Don't most governments already know about it? I know China, Russia, and Canada are involved in the program. Two of those aren't exactly strong allies. And the Atlantis expedition has members of many nations.

Comment

what they said and:

Science and Tech isn't the right forum for this. There is already a thread about this in the General Discussion forum.
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Many goverments have been filled in over the years, Id say most of the UN goverments would know by now.

Comment

Yeah I think most of the NATO governments know, and you know, mass panic and all if the people knew.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
                Because it would involve a ridiculous amount of politics. The thing is, I know plenty of people on here aren't too fond of the US, but in the show and in real life, I can't think of a more capable government of running the Stargate program.
                I do its called the UK!
                Lol in truth the EU would do a gd job of running it. Of Course 1rst they will have to make up some silly rules about it and put stargates on euro coins. But once that is done it would be alot better than letting the US take command. Considering Europe can sometimes work togther and think about each other (sometimes). While america tends to be more about themselves. "we will represent the people of Earth *cough cough America cough cough*"

No offence to any1. I am of course speaking in general terms.
                sigpic
                Banner Made By Me for Me
                The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Well I'm not going to get into the real world politics, because it only causes fights. However, in the Stargate universe, it's pretty clear the that United States is the best choice. If nothing else, like Hammond said, "we have the experience".
                  www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

well i think the U.S. Military should keep it secret and bein control because it has the man powewr the strength the funding and the resources, face it if you have the pentagon's check book you can do almost anything

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
                      I do its called the UK!
                      Lol in truth the EU would do a gd job of running it. Of Course 1rst they will have to make up some silly rules about it and put stargates on euro coins. But once that is done it would be alot better than letting the US take command. Considering Europe can sometimes work togther and think about each other (sometimes). While america tends to be more about themselves. "we will represent the people of Earth *cough cough America cough cough*"

No offence to any1. I am of course speaking in general terms.
                      Yes, the post is offensive.

Comment

The SGC doesnt have the man power,
                        we have about 20-30 4 men teams and we are ment to be a galactic power.
                        we have three ships and a weapons chair platform.
                        and how can earth take the moral high ground and say whos evil and who is not when they havent even told there people for 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by chaos_master123 View Post
                          The SGC doesnt have the man power,
                          we have about 20-30 4 men teams and we are ment to be a galactic power.
                          we have three ships and a weapons chair platform.
                          I don't think we are ment to be a "galactic power"
                          if you recall they wanted to cut back on the SGC back in season 9 and turn it into more or less a train station.
                          and if the IOA had their way, atlantis was a research outpost where nobody ever goes offworld.
                          but then that wouldn't make for much of a show would it

so I don't think any Earth government wants to become a galactic power
                          they're just bickering over the leverage that alien tech and resources would give them on Earth.

Comment

well the milkyway is ready for something new,
                            there have been two major conflicts, the GOA'ULD and the ori.
                            there is a power vacuum.
                            once the ori are defeated we should become more of a centre player in the running of the galaxy.
                            the jaffa are all but destoryed and there is no other human race that can rival our technology.
                            and plus the asgard are dead, we have no support, we must develop our planet as a planet that can stand up to invaders.

gosh my spelling is really crap today

Comment

well the milkyway is ready for something new,
                              there have been two major conflicts, the GOA'ULD and the ori.
                              there is a power vacuum.
                              once the ori are defeated we should become more of a centre player in the running of the galaxy.
                              so we fought the Goauld and Ori so that we could take their place and run the galaxy ?
                              the jaffa are all but destoryed and there is no other human race that can rival our technology.
                              for now, that doesn't mean they can't develop their own advanced technologies in a few hundred years.
                              they don't need us for that.
                              and plus the asgard are dead, we have no support, we must develop our planet as a planet that can stand up to invaders.
                              does that mean policing the galaxy and making sure there are no potential invaders to speak of?

I think we have enough of our own problems without having to deal with the rest of the galaxy
                              and who's to say they can't do better than us themselves?
                              it's one thing when someone comes and asks you for help, it's quite another when you set it up so they depend on you.

Comment

Working...
                              X