This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will the SGC face a real Alien threat ?

Do you think it's time that they face a real Alien threat .Like some giant bugs like out Starship Troopers or Aliens .I mean the wraith are nothing more than half bug , half human that suck the fluids out of you they don't reallyeat you .

I'm talking something that would scare the crap out of you . Bio engineer Warriors ,Tank bugs something .

I mean the Travelers come on .WE WANT A REAL THREAT .I mean if the US Marines really threw everything at the Wraith .Tanks ,Nukes, Fighters,Flame Throwers, Snipers ,Apaches APC They would get their ASSES kicked .Hell even the JAffa Would get there Asses kicked too

Check out the end of SGA season 3 and season 4

Comment

The Jaffa already got their asses kicked by two SG teams in COTG

They're a total joke.

Comment

I don't think that is the mandate of the show though. It is about exploring the galaxy and meeting new people, that is why the battle scenes are generally not that big in SG1. It has changed a bit in Atlantis, but the battles are mainly space battles. Those Wraith Monsters were pretty freakish though.
        Disliked a recent episode?
        Hate the current season Stargate Atlantis or SG1?
        The writers killed off your favourite character?

Well suck it up Cupcake. It is only a Television Show.

Comment

They were lol

And yeah I don't think a full on war would really work in Stargate, where would the main characters fit in? You definitely wouldn't put them anywhere near the frontlines...

Comment

Originally posted by MacGuyverThis View Post
            Do you think it's time that they face a real Alien threat .Like some giant bugs like out Starship Troopers or Aliens .I mean the wraith are nothing more than half bug , half human that suck the fluids out of you they don't reallyeat you .

I'm talking something that would scare the crap out of you . Bio engineer Warriors ,Tank bugs something .

I mean the Travelers come on .WE WANT A REAL THREAT .I mean if the US Marines really threw everything at the Wraith .Tanks ,Nukes, Fighters,Flame Throwers, Snipers ,Apaches APC They would get their ASSES kicked .Hell even the JAffa Would get there Asses kicked too
            The first set of situations you mentioned would be very B-movie.
            Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
            The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
            I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
            A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
            That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
            Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
            Caboose: They could be worse?
            Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

The Re'tu come to mind. But I think if they did a full on war thing with them it would turn into Starship Troopers.

Originally posted by B O Y S C O U T View Post
              They were lol

And yeah I don't think a full on war would really work in Stargate, where would the main characters fit in? You definitely wouldn't put them anywhere near the frontlines...
              Don't know about that. I think it could fit in quite well. You would put Sheppard, Teyla and Ronan there in command of a unit while mckay would be back at the base doing what he does best, developing strategies and what not. We might actually see something like a
              Spoiler:
              war in season four with the talk of a war arc
              sigpic
              By *E*K*R*

Comment

well micheals army seems quite large, just like starship troopers all over
                sigpic

Comment

So snakes that crawl into your body and take over your mind and thoughts aren't scary enough for you?

And the bugs from starship troopers weren't scary at all, they were just ridiculously stupid. How many bugs do you know that can shoot plasma bursts out of their asses? That movie sucked because of those bugs and how overdramatized it was.

And also, this show is based on Science Fiction. If we threw down with the Wraith, and I mean all of our military might vs. all of theirs, we'd probably get our asses handed to us. I say probably for two reasons: We now have the Asgard knowledge Base, and that can provide us with extremely fast ship production AND extremely powerful ships to overwhelm the Wraith. Also, we may have the Tria somewhere to use. Who knows where they will go with that. But barring those two major developments which sort of occured towards the end of each Season, we would've gotten rolled by the Wraith. The Goa'uld would've stomped us considering they had HUNDREDS of ships, and the Asurans are stomping Atlantis as we speak.

In fact I remember a thread a while back where I critiscized the Genii for throwing down with us all the time when we could clearly kick their asses, and someone mentioned that we do the same thing. I said that we didn't, we usually managed to pick fights that we had a chance to win. Well now we decided to eff with the replicator version of the Ancients, and I can't defend our stupidity on that one any longer.
                  www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen_J_O'Neill View Post
                    The Re'tu come to mind. But I think if they did a full on war thing with them it would turn into Starship Troopers.

Don't know about that. I think it could fit in quite well. You would put Sheppard, Teyla and Ronan there in command of a unit while mckay would be back at the base doing what he does best, developing strategies and what not. We might actually see something like a
                    Spoiler:
                    war in season four with the talk of a war arc
                    That arc would be great!

However for an all out war I would prefer an SG1 movie where bad guys started invading earth.... bum bum buuuuum!

And wow Jimbo-DR your post doesn't seem at all angry

Comment

hahah not angry just annoyed at Atlantis' decision to attack the Reps and filled with hate for Starship troopers
                      www.theamericanright.com

Comment

Okay well starship troopers was so corny that it was hilarious lol, way too overdramatic lol....

And I mean they've gone up against replicators before, and rather than sitting around and waiting to get destroyed they were a little proactive, and really the only consequence to that is having to set up shop elsewhere.

Comment

I agree that they were proactive, but the problem is that we aren't even sure if that fleet was intented for us. Remember that the replicators claimed they had a plan to deal with the Wraith. How do we know we didn't just nuke our salvation from the Wraith? And again, the Replicators are soooo much stronger in military might and in intelligence than we are, its like a 5 year old shooting an 800 pound gorilla with a pellet gun. The consequences are going to be messy.
                          www.theamericanright.com

Comment

Well it wouldn't be stupid to assume that the ships were meant for us, I mean come on, after the two attempts they had made against us I think it would be fairly reasonable to assume that they would have sent at least one our way.

Comment

Originally posted by B O Y S C O U T View Post
                              Well it wouldn't be stupid to assume that the ships were meant for us, I mean come on, after the two attempts they had made against us I think it would be fairly reasonable to assume that they would have sent at least one our way.

True, but I still don't like our course of action. Are we even sure that the replicators only have one planet? Are we sure we hit all of their ships? How do we know they weren't building some underground? Our history with the replicators has taught us that you have to hit them all at once or they will come back and wipe you out. We didn't even come close to doing that. What we should have done was either give the Area 51 people a little longer to work it out, or, didn't the Asgard GIVE us a Replicator satelite back in Season 8? Why couldn't we have modified that a little bit and used it?
                              www.theamericanright.com

Comment

Working...
                              X