This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would happen if a Z.P.M blow up?

Is a zpm powerful enough to blow up a entire Star system .We've heard Rodney say it would .But yet the Anient Power source Rodney blow up took out a planet and it was suppose to be more powerfull than a ZPM .

Mainy I want to know because I have a idea for a story spin off and I need some info .

If anything I thought that when ever you blow up something realy big you call it a Mc Kay.

It destoryed more than just the planet, it took out about 3/4 of the solar system.But a ZPM would destory a entire solar system.

Comment

Well in Progency three of them only destroyed a city ship. . .

Comment

Compare it with a nuke, you can blow up a nuke nothing happens, you can set it of something really happens.

Same goes for ZPMs I take it, and the power source that took out that solar system was far more unstable than a ZPM.

The tainted ZPM could take out a solarsystem, so one would need to do something to the ZPM to make it release it's energy.

Comment

But wouldn't it be like a naq generator? you create a feedback loop and it goes boom lol... I'm pretty sure that's what Mckay did in Progency and the explosion was tiny. . .

Comment

No he overloaded the system not the ZPM I believe.

Comment

That makes considerably more sense lol... But yeah something with the power output of a ZPM would create a pretty massive explosion

Comment

Which would not be very handy to be near of

Comment

I think Dutch Razor is right, you have to modify the ZPM to make it use all its energy to go boom. Your standard overload probably would be a big explosion but not a solar system altering explosion, the trinity project seemed to have an overload explosion that was definitely solar system altering. If I'm right its truly saying something spectacular on that type of energy.
                  Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by Amb. Shepphard(ARC) View Post
                    It destoryed more than just the planet, it took out about 3/4 of the solar system.But a ZPM would destory a entire solar system.
                    5/6 its not an exactly science. I was under the impression that the size of a zedpm explosion was proportional to the energy being drawn from it.
                    "Dying doesn't work in our favour!"

Comment

In Critical Mass, the overloading ZPM would have destroyed Lantea in its entirety.
                      I wonder if it has anything to do with the exotic particles, if they are created in the artificial subspace pocket as well.
                      The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

when the daedalus went into hyperspace and then the big explosion happened

i would of thought the explosion would of boosted the ship a few million lightyears away just like in that episode with the hatak.

but it didnt lol
                        sigpic

Comment

well we know that the tantied ZPM would take out our solar system but the solar system in trinity mayby was a hole lot bigger
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                            when the daedalus went into hyperspace and then the big explosion happened

i would of thought the explosion would of boosted the ship a few million lightyears away just like in that episode with the hatak.

but it didnt lol
                            That is actually a very good point you bring.
                            The discrepancy between Trinity and Exodus requires an explanation, in another thread.
                            The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

My thoughts on the matter has to do with how much power is being channeled from the sub-space region said to be attatched to a ZPM. If only a tiny bit of power is being channeled when the ZPM is destroyed, the boom would be small since the majority of energy would remain in sub-space and thus be disconnected from real-space. If you would try to channel everything simultaneously the boom would be big though.

This is probably what the Goa'uld stuff was supposed to do. It would force the ZPM to try to channel as much power as possible from sub-space all at once.
                              Last edited by l33telboi; 14 July 2007, 02:11 AM.
                              "A witty remark proves nothing" - Voltaire

Comment

Working...
                              X