This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

supergate uses?

do you think we could use the supergate techology to be able to link peg and milkyway together?

Well.... if we could pull the supergate into the pegasus galaxy (which I think we could... I mean the segments stay linked somehow, and Anubis was able to pull a massive asteroid into our solar system), and if we could dial it with tech taken from Ori ships. I say it is possible, but not likely to be put into the show.
    You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

If we had access to a second one then I'm sure we could make a quick route from Pegasus to the Milky Way for ships. That's if we can get hold of an Ori dialling device for them.
      "At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention, you’d be all dressed up like a Klingon."

Comment

Yes, lets give the Wraith an easy way to get from Pegasus to Milky Way.

The Bridge is different as that is purely under our control and they would need access to our facilities to use it, but if the Wraith spotted the Daedalus popping through a Supergate, they`d just send a few cruisers after it and we'll have opened the door for them to eat us.

Also, there's the fact we'd need two, and atleast one would have to be located near a black hole, probably both.

While we don't have the resources to successfully defend an asset like that, we're better off not having one.

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k1 View Post
          Yes, lets give the Wraith an easy way to get from Pegasus to Milky Way.

The Bridge is different as that is purely under our control and they would need access to our facilities to use it, but if the Wraith spotted the Daedalus popping through a Supergate, they`d just send a few cruisers after it and we'll have opened the door for them to eat us.

Also, there's the fact we'd need two, and atleast one would have to be located near a black hole, probably both.

While we don't have the resources to successfully defend an asset like that, we're better off not having one.
          Good point, though i would wonder if the wraith could even use the supergate..

Comment

well i think they would figure it out sooner or later anyway so it is not worth it
            sigpic

Comment

Why take the risk? We sacraficed an Ancient warship to take away the Wraiths only route into the Milky Way, and you wanna give them another one? Hellllll no
              www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Could be an easy way to get rid of Wraith ships, you just need a massive iris, and then have Daedalus lure them in and close the iris before they exit. And no I'm not really serious about this.
                All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                  Could be an easy way to get rid of Wraith ships, you just need a massive iris, and then have Daedalus lure them in and close the iris before they exit. And no I'm not really serious about this.
                  LOL sort of like when somebody tailgates you and you time it so they get stuck at the red light?
                  www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by JoNzA View Post
                    well i think they would figure it out sooner or later anyway so it is not worth it
                    They wouldn't have to figure it out. A Supergate would have to be relatively near to a black hole as that is how they are powered (even though the current Supergate seems to be nowhere near one!). Black holes interfere with sensors so, in theory, Wraith ships could sit in the blind spot created by the black hole, wait until Daedalus goes through, then follow them in. They might not all make it but I dare say they'd risk it for a chance to get to a new feeding ground.

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
                    LOL sort of like when somebody tailgates you and you time it so they get stuck at the red light?
                    I don't know what you`re talking about. I`d never do such a thing

Comment

(even though the current Supergate seems to be nowhere near one!).
                      Actually, the planet it was in orbit of was collapsed into a planetary mass black hole by the force field in 'Beachhead'.

I assume the current Supergate is powered the same way.
                      Mammals suck!

"Real men don't need inertia dampers."

Check out my GURPS campaign setting wiki, Islands of War!

Stop sending me friendship requests. I will deny them all, regardless of who they come from.

Comment

Originally posted by ascendedancient42 View Post
                        Actually, the planet it was in orbit of was collapsed into a planetary mass black hole by the force field in 'Beachhead'.

I assume the current Supergate is powered the same way.
                        The Beachhead one was yes, but there is no 'visible' black hole anywhere near the current Supergate. I don't know how close they need to be but the Beachhead SuperGate was really close to the black hole.

I`m sure the current Supergate is powered that way, it just peeves me that they essentially make a whole episode out of the fact that these need to be powered by black holes (formed by collapsing planets) and then they don't both even showing a black hole in the distance to show that that is still the case.

Comment

i think the wraith would be smart enough to work out how to enter the milkyway if they see earth ships coming out of a supergate..

they would somehow work out where they came from

and plus they biult dhd's in their own darts so they must know how a stargate works.
                          sigpic

Comment

The Beachhead one was yes, but there is no 'visible' black hole anywhere near the current Supergate. I don't know how close they need to be but the Beachhead SuperGate was really close to the black hole.

I`m sure the current Supergate is powered that way, it just peeves me that they essentially make a whole episode out of the fact that these need to be powered by black holes (formed by collapsing planets) and then they don't both even showing a black hole in the distance to show that that is still the case.
                            There's no such thing as a visible black hole, all you'd ever see would be the accretion disk. Which if it's formed from a collapsed planet it's probably not going to have, at least not for a while.
                            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                              There's no such thing as a visible black hole, all you'd ever see would be the accretion disk. Which if it's formed from a collapsed planet it's probably not going to have, at least not for a while.
                              That's what I meant by 'visible', just couldn't remember the technical term.
                              I didn't think about that, makes sense really that it would take time for the accretion disk to build up. I stand corrected on that one then.

But would a black hole with no accretion disk still have the same ability to interfere with sensors/comms, etc as a black hole with one...theoretically, of course!

Comment

Working...
                              X