Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fastest ship builders

Ori or Replicators?

Ori: in a couple of months, had 4 ships available. Less then a year, a fleet ready to invade.

Replicators: Hard to tell by the pictures, but probably had 6-8 ships ready to invade Earth in a few months.

I would say the Replicators win this by a hair.

Originally posted by Entreri View Post
    Ori or Replicators?

Ori: in a couple of months, had 4 ships available. Less then a year, a fleet ready to invade.

Replicators: Hard to tell by the pictures, but probably had 6-8 ships ready to invade Earth in a few months.

I would say the Replicators win this by a hair.
    There were 6 targets e.g. shipyards each one with about 6 ships i think...

My reasoning is this in the picture we saw in first strike there were 6 ships so each one of those could be a target but then why use 6 gatebusters dispersed over a wide area and hitting specific areas.

I think it's likely there were 30 or so ships under contruction. Six sites of construction e.g. targets but with several ships each.
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

You are right, that would make it 30+ ships.

Nobody is ever going to win a war against the Replicators using usual methods (just like against the Ori).

The Stargate team is going to be in a lot of hot water come season 4 against the Replicators.

Comment

fastest ship builders are the MW replicators
        they built a ship in New Order in minutes

Comment

the crab ship, i remember that. For the Asurans, they were about a month and a week into their construction, so i'd say they win.
          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

The replicators by far. Hints their name when they need more help they can replicate to get the job done faster. They are much more resourceful (return part 2); they repaired all the damaged systems with spare parts from their ship. it took the replicators maybe a month or two to construct the ships seen in first strike and there were about 30+. All the Asurans share their knowledge and tasks take a lot less time as a result.

The Ori followers built the ships under careful construction of the Ori (takes a lot longer). Let me remind you that the first wave only consisted of 4 ships probably because the rest of the fleet was unfinished.
            sigpic

Comment

they could repair the tower we blew up in about 1 night. so yeah, the reps.

Comment

Now if the Ori turned everyone into Priors, I wonder how fast they would be able to built ships.

Comment

well ori biulders are just farmers and villiage people, they need instrcutions to biuld them

without the priors then their screwed and maybe the priors had a hand in biuling them like lift materials on and finally needing them to power them.

the mw replicators are fast, just took them minutes to make there spider ship in new order 2, that with a hyperspace window

the asurans are quite fast in my opinion, they know exactly what to do when biulding something unlike the ori viliages( opinion)

i would say replicators, since they can adapt to situations
                  asurans and then ori
                  sigpic

Comment

Ori villagers are ignorant 12 century peasants.

Priors, getting info from Ori design the ships and I would assume build them for the most part.

Thus the Ori ships are neigh invincible.

Comment

You seem to imply that ascended beings are all knowing, they're not. why do you spread your incorrect powerful ship listing propoganda on every thread, its not on how strong a ship is its on how fast they build.

Comment

Replicators
                        -built a ship in less than a minute and around a black hole no less.

Asurans
                        -built several ships in 2 months.

Ori
                        -built a large fleet in about 1 year. Each one was bigger than a Goa'uld Hatak (much bigger).

Replicators come out on top.
                        Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                          There were 6 targets e.g. shipyards each one with about 6 ships i think...

My reasoning is this in the picture we saw in first strike there were 6 ships so each one of those could be a target but then why use 6 gatebusters dispersed over a wide area and hitting specific areas.

I think it's likely there were 30 or so ships under contruction. Six sites of construction e.g. targets but with several ships each.
                          Lets just say that the replicators ships arent very good,
                          theyre lantean designe, now the MW replicators are good, but the ori would win,
                          less ships but good shields and firepower.

ORI win defenetly. but thats my opinion.
                          "FOR DISTANT WORLDS WE PLEDGE TO RESPECT"

Comment

We are all forgeting the Asgard as they can use the Transporters to replicate things so it would be logical to use it for shipbuilding. True it would still take time as it would be unlikely that they could replicate a whole ship with 1 command but I bet it would beat everyone else

Comment

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
                              We are all forgeting the Asgard as they can use the Transporters to replicate things so it would be logical to use it for shipbuilding. True it would still take time as it would be unlikely that they could replicate a whole ship with 1 command but I bet it would beat everyone else
                              A lot of people had that idea with regard to Star Trek and using replicators to build ships. I think they explained it away as requiring too much power to be practical.

Also, one thing that a lot of people overlook is that it's a matter "converter". You have to have the raw materials in order for them to be converted so you'd still need to assemble the materials for the converter to build.

Comment

Working...
                              X